Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Beats sitting on the work bog.

A danger **** isn't without its charms either in fairness. Off topic, I recommend that you read the Irvine Welsh novel 'Filth'. I reckon it would be right up your street. Brilliant book, film is shyte.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A danger **** isn't without its charms either in fairness. Off topic, I recommend that you read the Irvine Welsh novel 'Filth'. I reckon it would be right up your street. Brilliant book, film is shyte.

Yeah, don't watch the film, book is f*cking sound though.

I am in Dublin, I am at home, I'm supposed to be working from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It's a lovely day out there so am heading out to meet a friend for a good walk and perhaps a pint afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Queuing up at the car wash.

In the utopia that is Cork of course! Going to have a potter around TK Maxx with my mammy.

If you think Cork is utopia, you should check out utopia on Capel St, Dublin. And check this, it has a sign on the door stating 'ladys welcome'. Currently, I'm not a million miles away from the shop, having some lunch and taking a breather from hunting down an specific object in one of army surplus shops nearby. The prices are ridiculous compared to online but I'd rather pay cash ;)
    Edit, Charlies in Cork can have a quite utopian vibe at 8 in the morning when having bumps off a €2 coin while some young bousy is quite openly giving a good portion of prime Irish beef to a middle aged alcoholic woman and not giving a bollix who seen him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Destined to the Hilton Park Lane, I hope it’s as nice as it sounds 😀

36000 feet over Italy, half way there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My face when harry posts
    https://youtu.be/rzp5CXe61TU

Witchie wrote: »
    Oh if only there was a cure for Man Utd fans.....

Oh the cure has been discovered years ago Witchie, but big pharma won't be divulging that little piece of info anytime soon. Fingers and pies and all that.. ya know yerself. I don't follow English or Scottish football. BFC till I die, we have some primitive cures for Scumrock rovers 'fans'. Knuckledusters if you're slow and blackjacks if you're pro!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

What's the most sensitive part of your body while having a "danger" ****?

Your ears!!

Sunshine streaming in the velux window

My face when harry posts
    https://youtu.be/rzp5CXe61TU

You've got a heavily tattooed face :eek:
    Would never have thought you were the type, each to their own tho dollface. Fook the haters. I still think your a sound youngone, tattoos or not. Others might take a more conservative, small minded view but fukem! I wouldn't advise you to visit Japan though, they REALLY don't like tattoos.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

In the pub, lovely, lovely pints

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

In the pub, lovely, lovely pints

Jealous as fcuk life ain’t what it used to be,trying to feed reluctant tyrants dinner here.
    Mmm carrots are lovely:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Clair4

Sitting here in a fancy hair salon getting my hair all purdy ... :-)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Pint number three aww yeah..

Harry, what are the army surplus places you go to?.

Pint number three aww yeah..

Harry, what are the army surplus places you go to?.

Millets, army bargains etc usual places . Only army bargains had the garment I was after, and although really overpriced I bought it. But as mentioned, I prefer to pay with cash and walk away with it in hand.

In my car. Armed with a letter for accident and emergency for investigation, probably have an ulcer. Not the most serious thing in the world.
    Too tired to go

Need to go food shopping. To Aldi/Tesco (opposite side of town) or let the local centra **** me in the ass, decisions

In Frank Ryans with tea and toastie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

In stoneybatter? That is a fantastic pub. I lived beside it for a couple of years.

I am home for tea before heading out galavanting again.

In stoneybatter? That is a fantastic pub. I lived beside it for a couple of years.

Not too far away from there. It's off the red line Luas stop. It is a great little spot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Oh the cure has been discovered years ago Witchie, but big pharma won't be divulging that little piece of info anytime soon. Fingers and pies and all that.. ya know yerself. I don't follow English or Scottish football. BFC till I die, we have some primitive cures for Scumrock rovers 'fans'. Knuckledusters if you're slow and blackjacks if you're pro!

Dundalk fans were the bain of my life once upon a time. Even lost my big toe nail over them. Retired from the loi in splendid fashion so am mainly a barstooler these days but went to a few Orlando City games when lived there and am hoping to get to some KL games in the coming weeks.

Nothing beats live football.

Just finished another 12 hour day working. Needs sleep so am bedside.

• Advertisement

I used to love Frank's, back then the Dice bar across the road was called Nolans, and opposite Nolans on Benburb street was the Museum Rest. I was privileged enough to be able to run a bar tab in Nolans and the Museum rest, sadly the Museum rest (the breffni to the oliver bond heads) mysteriously burnt to ground and I haven't been in Frank's or the Dice since the lovindublin tossers started waxing lyrical about them. McGettigans was on the other corner of Benburb St, but I never darkened the door. Bill and the son Dave that owned the museum were the nicest people you'd meet, but took no crap and ran a clean shop, not an easy task considering some of the clientele. Back on topic, on the choo choo, and after all this pint talk I'll be heading into the Balrothery Inn for a swifty.

download.jpeg

Queen St. Although I'd hazard a guess and say that many a landlord or airbnb host would have no qualms advertising it as stoneybatter, older locals like my late da refer to stoneybatter as Cowtown. Ryans is in Smithfield.

I used to love Frank's, back then the Dice bar across the road was called Nolans, and opposite Nolans on Benburb street was the Museum Rest. I was privileged enough to be able to run a bar tab in Nolans and the Museum rest, sadly the Museum rest (the breffni to the oliver bond heads) mysteriously burnt to ground and I haven't been in Frank's or the Dice since the lovindublin tossers started waxing lyrical about them. McGettigans was on the other corner of Benburb St, but I never darkened the door. Bill and the son Dave that owned the museum were the nicest people you'd meet, but took no crap and ran a clean shop, not an easy task considering some of the clientele. Back on topic, on the choo choo, and after all this pint talk I'll be heading into the Balrothery Inn for a swifty.

Don't mind those lovin eejits. Ryans is still very much a down to earth low key kind of place. The Dice bar though has a different feel these days and I don't go in there that much. I've never been to McGettigans.

I'm still sitting in the same place :)

Glimmerman for me if I'm that side.. Currently in a dog friendly pub, I always carry treats so I'm pretty popular right now :)

Don't mind those lovin eejits. Ryans is still very much a down to earth low key kind of place. The Dice bar though has a different feel these days and I don't go in there that much. I've never been to McGettigans.

I'm still sitting in the same place :)

I don't doubt it, but the lovindublin sheeple are noticeable, especially since they set up the pizza place on Coke Lane. As a youngfella I used to feel the dude drinking pabst pbr and going out back and using the lane onto Smithfield to partake in its namesake, pizza never came into the equation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Couch...trying to decide on whether to bake a chocolate fondant tart or a lemon meringue pie this weekend.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Couch watching UCL... deja vu?

Sitting on the couch chilling out in my jammies after my shower feeling very grown up

http://ibb.co/dtTtVx :o

I’ve been asked do I want a bedtime story :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Waxy O’Connors London

Embarrassed to admit that I’m drinking a Coors Light

• Advertisement

Sitting on the couch chilling out in my jammies after my shower feeling very grown up

http://ibb.co/dtTtVx :o

I want a bedtime story :D

Sweet jesus... you've opened a can of worms there. Post the sleaziest pm tomorrow for our amusement without naming names. That said, my money is on Hector. Currently having a couple of bottles of Guinness in a pub close to home, but not the local.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement