Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

On a bus, somewhere near lusk, going home to face the music. I was late in last night and out the door early this morning. I feel a little guilty because I'm missing the first toy show with my little princess, well the first she'll remember anyways. She's talking away now (and talking back too, a trait she clearly inherited from her ma) and to top it all off I was sinking pints in Doyles and got a text message from the missus with a screenshot of two tickets for Carl Cox next August :(
    Thank christ I wasn't running for father of the year 2017. Norway, 12 points. France, nine points. Harry, 22 pints,disqualified.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

In bed in the dark listening to an entire Radiohead gig, I made weed brownies and they pack more punch than I had anticipated, i don't think I could venture beyond the covers even if I wanted to.

MadYaker wrote: »
    In bed in the dark listening to an entire Radiohead gig, I made weed brownies and they pack more punch than I had anticipated, i don't think I could venture beyond the covers even if I wanted to.

Be careful with the doses. I don't have a sweet tooth, so I use a different method. Take a frozen pizza and preheat the oven and f*ck it in. About halfway through the recommended cooking time take it out and give it a good sprinkling of dope and then a liberal sprinkling of grated cheese and throw it back in. Works a charm everytime, and doesn't take hours to kick in. Edibles ain't for everyone however, so don't buy the ticket if your not able for the trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

I'm in bed doing paperwork that I must finish tonight. Wish Don would share his booze :p

Started with a Japanese suntory whisky...then Johnny Walker Blue...and now Redbreast 21yo...Jesus, life is tough. ..and not a minute of that sodding toy show watched :D

Started with a Japanese suntory whisky...then Johnny Walker Blue...and now Redbreast 21yo...Jesus, life is tough. ..and not a minute of that sodding toy show watched :D

I'm not a fan of scotch, but even if I was I don't think the walker blue justifies the 200 quid price tag, it would make a lovely gift mind. I seen it in Schipol at 95 quid duty free recently. As I said, I'm not big into scotch but I've tasted it, and I honestly think Glenlivet is a more well rounded sup, and a bottle of that will cost you €50 max in any supermarket.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In bed waiting for 15mg of Valium to kick in and cradle me to sleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

Johnny Walker is the shiz! Came from Germany, so was only 120... Def worth it... actually a little more palatable than the Redbreast 21yo.
    . but it was damn close

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Crying like a baba watching the Late Late Toy Show on my sofa.

Such a beautiful show. I can't wait to be a grandma so that there are babies in my house again.

I was meant to be out shopping by now but the toy show is keeping me here for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Back in bed....went downstairs and it kicked off again....yep, I've a ****e few days ahead of me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Krabi airport. Got here 4 hours early for a flight to Bangkok. 3pm and 4 beers deep.

• Advertisement

Bed, staring at ceiling, trying to piece night together. Went to pub at lunch yesterday, was home for 8 or 9, elbow sore so must have keeled over at some stage, but can't remember how I got home. Presume was put in a taxi, and pretty sure nothing too bad happened, but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,147 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@dublinireland...... did my EASA medical yesterday and was declared fit for another 6 months. Then walked from the Mater to the Liberties, stopped to have Burdocks fish and chips. Ended up doing the Pierce Lyons Distillery tour, with a pre-tour double hot Jameson to keep me warm, followed by 4 tasting whiskeys and a G&T.... I went home fluttered.

My plan to have a bucket of whiskey over the weekend is working well.

@witchie... are you back home?

good sprinkling of dope
    In my medical questionnaire yesterday they actually asked if I had ever smoked or consumed marijuana, seriously, how many pilots are ever going to answer YES!

smurfjed wrote: »
    In my medical questionnaire yesterday they actually asked if I had ever smoked or consumed marijuana, seriously, how many pilots are ever going to answer YES!

Would there be regular and random drug testing across the whole aviation industry? Or is it is case of some airlines being known as being a bit more lax than others? I was reading an article, possibly on this site about the ability to lock the door of the cockpit from inside, and a KLM pilot repeatedly raising the issue stating that it was a tragedy waiting to happen, long before that eurowings pilot purposely nosedived into the alps. I'm rambling sorry, what I'm kinda getting at is would there be an airline that you simply wouldn't take a job with for no amount of love nor money?

Under ICAO regulations, airlines are supposed to have mandatory and random drug and alcohol testing as part of their safety management systems. As to how many airlines have implemented this, I don’t know.
    Accident waiting to happen? , considering the nationality of the 911 hijackers, I’m sure that the expectation of a single pilot locking out his partner and doing something stupid was expected from my part of the world and not Germany. I have some colleagues who disable the lock system when going to the loo due to this fear.
    During my last mandated visit to the shrink, he told me that drug usage had become the #1 reason for grounding company pilots beating cardiac issues, so it is something affecting the younger guys rather than the older ones. But he didn’t give me figures or statistics.
    I would have more of a fear of an airlines safety culture rather than a fear of individual pilots or individuals.

To get back on topic :) on the #16 bus inbound Dublin City heading to the Celtic Whiskey Shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In work drinking lemsip but wishing it was a bottle of wine from the Celtic whiskey shop. The old floor in that shop creeps me out though I feel one wrong move and all those bottles will come crashing down around you

smurfjed wrote: »

@witchie... are you back home?

Yes at home....in KL. :P 5 more sleeps until I head to KLIA for the privilege of not sleeping for 17 hours on a BA plane.

Will be worth it to get huggles from my sons and parents.

:D
    In work drinking lemsip but wishing it was a bottle of wine from the Celtic whiskey shop. The old floor in that shop creeps me out though I feel one wrong move and all those bottles will come crashing down around you

Thank you for reminding me it is wine o'clock. I had a beer at the Petronus Towers while was wandering around doing a bit of shopping earlier but think will crack open some wine and get ready to go watch the Liverpool game for the last time this year in my "seat" in my favourite bar.

https://flic.kr/p/H9C9WD

Witchie, forget about the cold weather and have some of these.

Coffee, Baileys and Tullamore Dew

Slatteries, Capel Street Dublin. Only €13.50 each .... ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

Cinema with smallies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

As the great Rob Schneider once said in The Waterboy, You can do it!
    Give it up. For tonight. Or maybe the weekend and take it up again on Monday.

thanks for the positive vibes :) I took yesterday off but I'll do a bit tonight

Couch side and watching suits

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Giving my two year old a bath. He got his hands on a green crayola marker and coloured in both of his nipples with it. He literally screams the house down if I try to wash it off.

Man, how Saturday afternoon's have changed! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Having a hot chocolate and waiting for it to be time to see Santa at Fota. I've been very good, Santy !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Bangkok. Early morning flight to Myanmar. Typing with one hand, scratching with the other

Wurly wrote: »
    Giving my two year old a bath. He got his hands on a green crayola marker and coloured in both of his nipples with it. He literally screams the house down if I try to wash it off.

Man, how Saturday afternoon's have changed! :pac:

Just be glad he is not like my son. As a child he wanted a green beard. He woke up on his 5th birthday and his dream had come true. My brother used a PERMANENT marker to draw one on. Poor child went to school for several days looking like Billy Connolly.

In my bar. Pint in front of me and Pool on the telly. Happy feckin days.

@Mr.plough shout out to Mike.ie as you might find him in Yangon, excellent company for a beer or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Witchie wrote: »
    Poor child went to school for several days looking like Billy Connolly.

I proper lol'd. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,150 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Poolside

Pub crawl in dublin, can I start the 12 pubs of Christmas early ? 7 so far and it’s only 4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

just back from a pre-Christmas lunch with friends.

• Advertisement

Madigans O’Connell street. I used to work in here as a lounge boy 30 years ago. I always wonder what my life would have been like if I stayed in Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement