Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

Feeling sad because my bastard neighbours dog has been sitting outside my door all day distraught scratching on the door to come in. I’ve contacted the local spca who told me to ring the warden in the morning but I need a home to take her in. I can’t take her in. I have two dogs and I’m not allowed take another one. My hearts broken. She’s gorgeous but the snow is almost higher than her

The poor dog :( Some people haven't a clue when it comes to looking after their animals in this weather. Or worse, they don't care. I'm sure your doggies wouldn't mind a third for company for the night.

I'm in bed. Didn't stir all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The poor dog :( Some people haven't a clue when it comes to looking after their animals in this weather. Or worse, they don't care. I'm sure your doggies wouldn't mind a third for company for the night.

I'm in bed. Didn't stir all day.
    I’ll be put out if I bring another dog in. I was going to bring her out to the farm and put her into a shed with a bed of straw but can’t find her

I’ll be put out if I bring another dog in. I was going to bring her out to the farm and put her into a shed with a bed of straw but can’t find her

Make a deal, "I'll stay outside if the dog can come in" :D

Maybe the poor girl has found a bit of shelter. I remember though we had a dog and he would rarely stay in during bad weather. He'd be clawing at the door to get out. We had a little house made for him in the shed as well but he was more fond of being under a tree in the garden.

Make a deal, "I'll stay outside if the dog can come in" :D

Maybe the poor girl has found a bit of shelter. I remember though we had a dog and he would rarely stay in during bad weather. He'd be clawing at the door to get out. We had a little house made for him in the shed as well but he was more fond of being under a tree in the garden.

http://ibb.co/jMdtQx

I’m too soft. Hoping she’s not seen :(
    I’m making her a hot dinner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Full of beer!!

Laptop on the counter and music playing. But the beers are (as always) medicinal.

Took my life into my own hands this morning on that M9/M7 commute at 6am. Took me 3 hours to get to work.

Oh don't worry, roads will be gritted, ploughs, stuff like that, Ireland is ready. My arse!

It was a mess. 3 lanes reduced to a messy heap and just follow the car in front and if he survives then you probably will too. I saw mental images of my kids and missus wishing me safety.

Well, I exaggerate slightly, the missus hates me and the kids are impartial.
    But my dog would definitely have been briefly upset.

Not doing that again tomorrow, feck it.

So on the beer now and some relaxing music. Apparently Billy Rae had some sort of connection with a preacher.
    Go Billy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

In the kitchen watching the snow falling and thinking I won’t be able to get to work tomorrow.

One of shanks I’d miss your posts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Have to get bloods done tomorrow... but wondering how I'm going to get there with these bloody snowdrifts!!

At home waiting on the gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

In my lovely plastic bed.. :D fcuking sheet keeps sliding off and all I can think of is witchies satin sheets and the whole sliding episode and it makes me laugh... I'm not sliding in a nice way :D

It's as uncomfortable as feck.
    But at least I'm safe and warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Are they not postponed? My friend was due in hospital tomorrow for a pre op consultation and it’s rescheduled for next week

Now couchside watching greys anatomy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I had some of the green faerie years ago...lad brought a bottle from Czech rep...not too sure if it was the wormwood...or the fact it was 85% but I was floating in the clouds.

I used to buy it in France and we would play Absinthe Trivial Pursuits. If you got a question wrong you had to take a shot. Then as we got hammered and less able to get questions right, we would take the shot if you got it right. Hate the stuff now.

Lying in bed sweltering in 26 degrees at 6.44 am but giggling to myself at my son's video going viral. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dancewithme

Hitting the bed. Stay safe everyone be ye poolside, bedside, or pubside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Hitting the bed. Stay safe everyone be ye poolside, bedside, or pubside.

Thought you said pubeside there, and I was thinking what a lovely way of phrasing things.

But yes, keep it safe either way.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Finally back in after extended outdoor work related venture. Sweaty :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

At home waiting on the gardai

I hope everything is ok!

In bed with the electric blanket on, it looks so pretty outside but I'm very glad I'm not out in it. Whispered has inspired me to put some food out for the birds tomorrow, the cat has no interest in going out anyway!

I hope everything is ok!

In bed with the electric blanket on, it looks so pretty outside but I'm very glad I'm not out in it. Whispered has inspired me to put some food out for the birds tomorrow, the cat has no interest in going out anyway!
    It was a dramatic night. Last week I asked the dog owner for the final time (I’ve sent numerous messages) if she wasn’t going to neuter her dog then keep her at home, dogs Been cocked more than John Wayne’s gun, sick of it on my property she’s distressed and my dogs are distressed with all the males on their property, I said this is the last time I’m asking you next time I’m going to the pound. Tonight she was outside my house all day in the snow. As you know yourself I hmmd and hawd about bringing her inside but gave in because my heart was broke. I couldn’t help myself I mailed her and said just Incase you’re wondering where your dog is in the snow storm, I took her in and am bringing her to the pound in the morning. I got messages back saying I was bitching and moaning and they were at my door twice this evening looking for their dog. (They weren’t) this isn’t just a one off thing the dogs always hungry and never seems to want to go home. I told them years ago she’s welcome here with my dogs once she’s looked after by them ie neutered fed and cared for
    She’s not and tonight proved it I’ve timestamped photos and texts and even boards posts. So anyway she says to me in text they were out looking for her and I wasn’t bothered answering my door to her (took dog in about 9:30)

Next thing her her sister and her husband arrives at my door shouting and roaring and being scumbags, I tell them to get the **** Off my doorstop they can speak to the pound in the morning if they want their dog back and close the door. They start beating the glass kicking the door and shouting abuse. I rang the guards.

It was a dramatic night. Last week I asked the dog owner for the final time (I’ve sent numerous messages) if she wasn’t going to neuter her dog then keep her at home, dogs Been cocked more than John Wayne’s gun, sick of it on my property she’s distressed and my dogs are distressed with all the males on their property, I said this is the last time I’m asking you next time I’m going to the pound. Tonight she was outside my house all day in the snow. As you know yourself I hmmd and hawd about bringing her inside but gave in because my heart was broke. I couldn’t help myself I mailed her and said just Incase you’re wondering where your dog is in the snow storm, I took her in and am bringing her to the pound in the morning. I got messages back saying I was bitching and moaning and they were at my door twice this evening looking for their dog. (They weren’t) this isn’t just a one off thing the dogs always hungry and never seems to want to go home. I told them years ago she’s welcome here with my dogs once she’s looked after by them ie neutered fed and cared for
    She’s not and tonight proved it I’ve timestamped photos and texts and even boards posts. So anyway she says to me in text they were out looking for her and I wasn’t bothered answering my door to her (took dog in about 9:30)

Next thing her her sister and her husband arrives at my door shouting and roaring and being scumbags, I tell them to get the **** Off my doorstop they can speak to the pound in the morning if they want their dog back and close the door. They start beating the glass kicking the door and shouting abuse. I rang the guards.

Wow. Fair play to you. Am so glad there is a person like you willing to protect that wee craythur. I hope all calms down.

On my way to work and still feeling sick from yesterday. Can I go back to bed instead please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Sitting-on-bed-side. A bit distressed 'cos I can't recall what happened to Witchie and the sheets! :o

Need to get off the bed, put away the Laptop for a feicin' hour if I can manage it :rolleyes: put away shopping, and need to eat, and need to go to bed.. Not sure about what to do for work in the morn... Gahhh... Wouldn't mind was talkin' to Manager today too and completely forgot to see what the story was... Can't remember if anyone else is in tomorrow.. Think will just open the place for 2 hours and leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Missed my flight home last night, so got "volunteered" to work again today. So once again find myself trying to drag my ass outta bed to go to an airport, but at least its a clear blue sky day and 16C.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Lying awake, listening to the storm. Seems a bit mental out there...

• Advertisement

Sitting-on-bed-side. A bit distressed 'cos I can't recall what happened to Witchie and the sheets! :o.

You are grand....no slippages were had just a discussion on how to could happen.

On my way to doc coz can't function at work with this headache and stomach pains.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Back in the office after the latest trip outside. I am a full body ache..

Despite being full to the brim of valium I am in bed but can’t sleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Back indoors after trying to get the car going. Not a hope

Going home to lie down for half an hour before I start work again. Stupid kidneys playing up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Up for work aaaaaaannddddd back to my lovely bed I go again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Sitting in the kitchen, stove blazing, dogs cosy, beautiful snowy landscape outside across our land, fridge stocked, plenty of TV shows and films to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Sitting in an office doing non-essential things.

Looks lika an early finish to avoid the snow.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

At home, in my little office space working away.
    I'd rather be outside having a snowball fight though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I feel like Chris Bonington having just been out in that wee blizard.

And Lidl is closed. The horror.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement