Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Just back in from getting the shovel and yard brush at the side of the house to bring them indoors. No point having them buried in snow when I need to dig a path out of the house on Saturday! That wind would go through you.
    Now I am all stocked up, food for weeks, Netflix downloads in case broadband goes and tea, lots of tea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

sitting in bed with the electric blanket on !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

In bed in my parents’ house.
    Abandoned ship in mine yesterday afternoon as the thoughts of 48 hours in a house alone gave me cabin fever.

Cat is in charge. I’ve left him lots of food, litter tray and gave him the WiFi password

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Despite being full to the brim of valium I am in bed but can’t sleep

Mmm valium luverlee. .. Gimme gimme gimme!
    I'm crashed out in the bed. Snow was up to my thigh this morning, herself and the youngone are still out for count beside me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Sitting in my favourite aerial bedroom about to go home.

Trying to find some reason to switch the phone off as there are wicked plans to send me to London tomorrow, they are bloody nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

In the house for afternoon and evening now, good deeds are done, fire is lit and taking shape, full bucket of coal and basket of blocks at fire side, pizza in fridge, and if the power does go out, phone is charged, there is beer in the fridge, and even have a few things called books.

Not leaving the house, dont care how good looking you are either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Sitting in an office doing non-essential things.

Looks lika an early finish to avoid the snow.

Match abandoned :pac: Home now, watching the neighbours dogs going nuts with the kids in the snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Was building a snowman which I might continue later, but that depends on the strength of the blizzard and the time I will go out to the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Kitchen side looking out at the snow :) Bird feeders are all stocked up and the birds are having a party :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Back home fire lit. TV on not moving for the rest of day. All essentials in. Stocked up on firewood Nespresso and wine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    In the house for afternoon and evening now, good deeds are done, fire is lit and taking shape, full bucket of coal and basket of blocks at fire side, pizza in fridge, and if the power does go out, phone is charged, there is beer in the fridge, and even have a few things called books.

Not leaving the house, dont care how good looking you are either.

It's 26 degrees here....am I looking any better now?

About to get an early night for a change. Shattered.

Witchie wrote: »
    It's 26 degrees here....am I looking any better now?

About to get an early night for a change. Shattered.

You do look good as always, but with the country now on lock down here, not sure how we will arrange it.

:(

Here at kitchen table, looking out through both front and back windows, wondering if the crazy weather will arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Went for a nap, or a sugar coma, whichever way you want to look at it and I've woken up all confused and disorientated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Bastard had to change gas cylinder in that blizzard it’s freezing out

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Costa, sneaky chai latte as it seems to be post midwife appointment double nap time!

Just back home and in to radiator warm jammies. Myself and himself went out for some end of the world provisions and then in to the pub. We had hot chocolate with a shot of vodka. Bejaysus it was good! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Kitchen looking out at the falling snow. Feeling a bit sorry for myself with my sore gob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

La.de.da wrote: »
    Kitchen looking out at the falling snow. Feeling a bit sorry for myself with my sore gob.

Yep...have had a rough week health-wise.. but I got an abscess in my mouth... high and to the right...burst today...blood and pus...not nice at all :(

Yep...have had a rough week health-wise.. but I got an abscess in my mouth... high and to the right...burst today...blood and pus...not nice at all :(

Oooooh I have never been so turned on.....

In bed but no sleep yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Witchie wrote: »
    Oooooh I have never been so turned on.....

In bed but no sleep yet.

You obvs didn't see my Jizzcuzzi post so! :)

• Advertisement

You obvs didn't see my Jizzcuzzi post so! :)

No. But now I will never sleep again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Heating on full blast and a beer in my hand.

Sexual

• Registered Users Posts: 21,618 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Better than a "back, and to the left" experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

on couch. no snow storm yet. stocked up on tea bags and mika choc. in for the long haul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Stove blazing, beer in hand, cat panned out with the heat beside me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Sitting in front of the fire looking out at the snow, neighbours are doing the same so we are having a staring standoff. My 9 year old is "styling" my hair at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Went for a walk with the missus to Asda, the cat came out with us, went for a pee and then demanded to go back home! I wrapped myself up like a mummy so I was nice and warm and we had a lovely walk to the supermarket. Stocked up on some essentials (chocolate and alcohol) and I threw a few snowballs at the missus while she looked unimpressed. Growing up in Germany she's used to a lot more snow so she's bemused about the schools closing and the milk and bread being sold out.

Specialun wrote: »
    on couch. no snow storm yet. stocked up on tea bags and mika choc. in for the long haul

Gonna raid my stocked fridge, pizza me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Ursummupet

Just finished the barbecue. Nothing like the smell of a burger on a cold breeze. Should have left it a bit later to see the full glow of the charcoal, alas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Sitting-on-bed-side, eating Original Hula Hoops and a Mandarin Orange, waiting for this Blizzard to set in. Shure a few hours ago they've gone and reduced Connaught's Red tomorrow from 3pm back to 11am or 12 Noon.. That sounds like they were covering their ar$es in case it got really bad but they havn't a clue really, tomorrow could turn out to be okay. I don't hear any sign of any Storm or Blizzard conditions out there right now anyway... An hour ago they sayin' everywhere getting double the amount of expected snow tomorrow! :eek:
    Gahhhh whole place gone bonkers..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement