Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Sofa with full stomach. Fire nice and roaring, telly, blinds closed. Have given up on looking out, and lamp post watching for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Our employee sent me a funny text earlier. He said kids are off, missus is off, can I please come in to work?

After being asked to blow bubbles for the 20th time in 5 minutes I was wishing I was in work too.

It's weird coz everywhere is shut but theres nothing happening. No snow, roads look fine.
    I wasted a 10 minute walk in search of beer, shop closed.
    It's alright though, there was a bottle of red in the wine rack from 2 years ago with a happy fathers day label on it and its screw-cap so you know its quality is beyond question.

Tastes like Ribena but hey, its a crisis so....

Music time. There was a Billy Rae search last night. Preacher was involved. And if the last 3 minutes have thought me anything its that the sun always shines on TV. And this wine is sh!te

I love your posts One of Shanks :)

I'm in bed listening to lovely music. It's getting very windy now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My brothers huge three litre perfect for off road driving Jeep left the road about an hour ago, he’s fine but the roads certainly aren’t

Me though I’m in bed

I love your posts One of Shanks :)

I'm in bed listening to lovely music. It's getting very windy now.

Ha,cheers

• Advertisement

Moved up to bed. White outside again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

In bed watching Divorce with frequent visits to boards in case I miss something :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

At home getting somewhat pissed

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dancewithme

Bed beckons. No snow here. We should count ourselves lucky but I wanna build a snowman

Looking out the window at over a foot of snow on the car and even more in the garden. Wind is howling and snow piling up on the windows.
    Opened a bottle of wine earlier and now it's all gone. I will have to start on the Bailey's from Xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭strangel00p

Looking out the window because it's too warm inside and thinking about Ireland - like all expats I miss home!  God bless, sure it's just a drop of sneachta..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Looking out the window because it's too warm inside and thinking about Ireland - like all expats I miss home!  God bless, sure it's just a drop of sneachta..

Speak for yourself. This ex-Patricia has no such yearnings for home.

Lying in bed but have to get up and eat something so I can take my tablets and stop this horrible pain.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

In bed hoping the pipes don't freeze and we don't lose power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In bed starving to death

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

In work eating scrambled eggs.. Snow makes everything so quiet and still, trying to decide if it's peaceful or eerie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Up a while... watching the snow...it's not enough to take a day off work though :(

Having breakfast in airport hotel in Paris. Should have travelled to Dublin on Wednesday through Germany!!
    So, sightseeing today, heading back to where I came from in Sunday.
    Won't get to see my family or dog though ðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Looking out the window at the snow, again! 4 inches of snow over night. I think we've had 7 - 8 inches altogether since Wednesday, maybe even 8 - 10 inches.
    It's eerily quiet but quite windy but also so peaceful. There's something so relaxing about knowing the world has slowed down and is taking it easy for a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I can't stop looking out the window too. Some of the drifts in our garden are over a metre.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

In bed with tea. I'm glad I'm not working today. I was supposed to be flying home today but Ryanair obviously cancelled my flight along with lots and lots of others yesterday. Rescheduled for Monday. I'm hoping it'll be ok then. Until then I'm staying put. One of my housemates is stuck in Berlin though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I can't stop looking out the window too. Some of the drifts in our garden are over a metre.

Same here...I'm on the couch under a duvet,heating on and watching the snow.It's like a Winter wonderland here and the silence is golden.I've never seen snow like this before apart from on postcards or the TV so I'm going to enjoy it and worry about the consequences next week ..I'd say my gas bill is going to be through the roof..😂

Colser wrote: »
    Same here...I'm on the couch under a duvet,heating on and watching the snow.It's like a Winter wonderland here and the silence is golden.I've never seen snow like this before apart from on postcards or the TV so I'm going to enjoy it and worry about the consequences next week ..I'd say my gas bill is going to be through the roof..��

Our alcohol stocks will be severely depleted. Should be enough to see us to sunday though!

Our alcohol stocks will be severely depleted. Should be enough to see us to sunday though!

Mine is gone anyway, drank the house dry. Time to lay off it now. Im hungover as hell and fell asleep on the sofa last night with a glass of wine and a half eaten BLT beside me.
    Well.... when I say BLT, I didnt actually have any tomatoes in the fridge and no lettuce either so it was a cremated rasher lobbed in between two bits of bread

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Mine is gone anyway, drank the house dry. Time to lay off it now. Im hungover as hell and fell asleep on the sofa last night with a glass of wine and a half eaten BLT beside me.
    Well.... when I say BLT, I didnt actually have any tomatoes in the fridge and no lettuce either so it was a cremated rasher lobbed in between two bits of bread

So with no lettuce and no tomato does it still count as one of your 5 a day?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Looking out at the drifts of snow covering the place and I thought it was bad yesterday ! I have never seen such snow in all my life, we are always the last to get it here on the coast if at all. And it's still coming down heavily. I'm going to spend the day pretending I eventually made it to Alaska :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

tis a bit snowy boys and girls. the dogs are delighted. said i would be a rebel and gamble that power wont go so got no bread. i done worse bets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Watched the Young Offenders Ep. 4 last night: quality!!

Sitting at the desk wondering what would Conor & Jock get up to right now?

BBDBB wrote: »
    So with no lettuce and no tomato does it still count as one of your 5 a day?

100% yes! :D

Just in from a wee walk, very quiet and peaceful outside, snow about 4-5 inches deep in the drifts!

:D

Not really enough snow here for snowmen, but still slippy and slushy enough. Another day for the fire place.

• Advertisement

I got out for a bit earlier. But the two I live with didn't. They are starting to go a bit stir crazy. I might need to lock them in a room to save myself.

(I watched The Shining last night)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement