Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

I says wrote: »
    One is showered and shaved and about to hit the local for pints, cabin fever be gone.

I’m going to suffer in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

There was indeed some slipping and sliding. My God he is gorgeous. Nom.

Chilling on my sofa trying to decide whether to go shopping and get a massage or get a massage then go shopping. ��

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

In IHOP for breakfast, they offer a weeks calorie intake in just one sitting 😀

I love Ihop.

Just had a slightly rougher than with like massage. Asked him numerous times to be a little gentler.

Grabbing some lunch then going to get my hair done. Love spoil-myself-Saturdays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Went to bed earlyish as I was feeling a bit rough, asked my daughter to jump in and mind me, which she did...and then 10 mins later she said she wanted to go back to her own bed!
    I was devastated...said ok..off you go..and she went!....
    but 5 mins later I heard her thump thump back into the room and she said "Ah I felt guilty leaving you alone" happy daddy again.... she's above practising her sleep-kickboxing now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Awake way too early in hotel room. Got stranded due to storm & work putting me up.

It would have been rude not to have a couple last night, but why does 1 or 2 turn into a 2:30 finish.

Sitting in hairdressers hoping Elliot is doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

Back in bed in East Clare, I got up to go to work but took one look at the road and rang in.
    I learnt my lesson the hard way a few years back in the ice and a little run in with a ditch. Still paying for it through high insurance..

Wide awake now after being out in the cold !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just back from walking the dogs ended up having to carry the little one back most of the way because he kept trying to sit on my foot
    I should get one of those chairs they have for elephant trekking and put it on big dogs back so little dog doesn’t have to inconvenience himself

I wouldn’t mind but he’s not even the right size to carry
    He sits on my hip the size of a three year old child

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Witchie wrote: »
    Sitting in hairdressers hoping Elliot is doing well.
    Parents accommodation slidy bed.
    It all started to go tits up on Thursday evening, we were told that it might be cancelled but they would still consider him on the emergency list as he's high risk for infection. Told Friday it's off with no date yet for rescheduling! For some reason I couldn't Access boards yesterday so had to download it to my tablet and here I am again. Stuck in the hell of parents accommodation. I got extra bedding from Elliots nurse yesterday and it's made a huge difference, but, of I can get the car out today I'm outta here. I'm fed up of sandwiches.
    I watched completely sideways snow yesterday for the entire day. It's been a long time since I saw snow like that. (35 years to be exact!) I just want to go out and build a snowman. (Did you sing it)
    So, the waiting begins again and the worry to keep him infection free. Any virus will add 3 weeks to our going home time... pray, like you've never prayed before.

• Advertisement

Parents accomodation is so depressing there. But at least there's great camraderie amongst them all , found that it really helps.
    Best wishes cbyrd, you're in my thoughts, (like all of us I'd say)
    Fingers crossed for a positive outcome pdq!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Parents accomodation is so depressing there. But at least there's great camraderie amongst them all , found that it really helps.
    Best wishes cbyrd, you're in my thoughts, (like all of us I'd say)!

Yes there is, story swaps are great but when people find out how long Elliot has been in I think it scares them a bit. I'm constantly getting people say oh my god you're brilliant, all the kids and you still travel. I spend most of the time missing them, whether I'm here or there. I constantly feel I'm not doing enough, I'm letting them down. I feel lazy for not trying to make it to the gym when I am home, then I think wtf is wrong with me! I can't drink because I'm afraid it'll let loose all this frustration inside me. That scares me :D I just want him home. I want to have a good bitching giving out session without someone needing to 'fix it' cos it can't be fixed.
    I'm cotside, deciding whether to go home. Car is dug out, roads look passable, there's taxis, always a good sign of thaw. He's still asleep on his Cpap, lazy monkey!
    Sorry for the rant. :)

Rant away girl...safeplace here and I love reading your ramblings :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭gifted

cbyrd wrote: »
    Yes there is, story swaps are great but when people find out how long Elliot has been in I think it scares them a bit. I'm constantly getting people say oh my god you're brilliant, all the kids and you still travel. I spend most of the time missing them, whether I'm here or there. I constantly feel I'm not doing enough, I'm letting them down. I feel lazy for not trying to make it to the gym when I am home, then I think wtf is wrong with me! I can't drink because I'm afraid it'll let loose all this frustration inside me. That scares me :D I just want him home. I want to have a good bitching giving out session without someone needing to 'fix it' cos it can't be fixed.
    I'm cotside, deciding whether to go home. Car is dug out, roads look passable, there's taxis, always a good sign of thaw. He's still asleep on his Cpap, lazy monkey!
    Sorry for the rant. :)

You rant away Cbyrd...your doing an almighty job...God knows how you manage to keep going.....Virtual hug sent your way......

And yes I dropped a virtual hand on you as well...lol lol

Just called into my 94yo grand aunt there to see if she needed any groceries or bread in the shop...she said she did,... so I gave her my list too...no point in us both getting cold ffs!

My weekend has come to an end, got called to climb on an airplane in 3 hours to go back to work :(

At least I'm not missing the Rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Just called into my 94yo grand aunt there to see if she needed any groceries or bread in the shop...she said she did,... so I gave her my list too...no point in us both getting cold ffs!

Asked a friend's 85 year old mother if she needed anything as I’d probably make it up her way today. She replied that she was well stocked up and didn't plan on going anywhere until the snow had thawed. But if she ran out of whiskey, she'd send up a flare :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Back under the non-slippy-slidey Covers with Cornflakes and a Mandarin Orange and gonna watch the last hour of Movie I was watching last night. got abandoned about halfway through as me eyes were closing and I favoured sleep to staying up! This is happening far too often lately! /feicthisgettingoldcraic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Just back from the grocery shopping and the pub. Lovely atmosphere in the pub, nice big turf fire and some nice food to boot.
    Need a snooze now.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Having a beverage while waiting on hotel room to be sorted. Dolores o'Riordan music being played.

No open fire here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Kitchen. Netflix and tea here.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Kitchen side, deciding what to make for dinner.

Cbyrd you are more than welcome to rant away here and hopefully things will go your way :)

Mutt gave me his usual dirty looks when I left home, he is smart enough to know when I’m in uniform he isn’t invited and therefore sulks.

He has a full time live in dog minder, by still sulks like a spoilt child.

@cbyrd, I'm sitting having a pint thinking of you and your family. If you did drive back from Crumlin today I hope you took it handy and hope Mr Cbyrd will give you much deserved cuddles later x

I'm in the Black Sheep. Himself is somewhere in town decked out like he's about to climb Kilamanjaro. He woke up this morning very upset. "I dreamt I was married! I wasn't allowed talk to other women and I had a curfew! It was a nightmare! Think I need a few minutes to recover".

:D

Hoping it is only a minor setback for you Cbyrd... And as for your mammy guilt, wow. You are an inspiration to us all. I have no idea how you do it. Big hugs. Xxxxx

I am on the slippery sheets watching football and eating chocolate. Met the man of my dreams tonight. Sooooooon sexy, funny, intelligent and an Egyptian American.

Problem is he goes back to Texas in a few hours. Sigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

On the couch having a vodka and diet coke. I'm wearing my very uncomfortable sexy lingerie that I can't breathe in so I better be getting the ride tonight :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I'm wearing my very uncomfortable sexy lingerie that I can't breathe in so I better be getting the ride tonight :p

You will catch your death, put a woolly jumper on woman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

You will catch your death, put a woolly jumper on woman!

Oh I have a woolly jumper on over my lingerie, so I can be unwrapped later! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,618 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Oh I have a woolly jumper on over my lingerie, so I can be unwrapped later! :p

How is your wife supposed to know you are wearing said lingerie if you have it covered up with a woolly jumper.... Lose the jumper. If you are too cold, you could tell her this is the look you were going for.

latest?cb=20130313143923

I'm at home. Thinking about things. Doesn't really do me any good to think but it's hard to turn the brain off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Risked life and limb with my brothers driving to get to the shops. Bought the essentials, skips, Easter eggs, two loaves, a huge galaxy caramel bar and 6 cans of orange to mix with my vodka and prosecco that I’ve been sipping since about 20 past nine this morning kinda sobered up a bit there in the late afternoon but we’ll soon fix that, in front (a bit to the right) of a coal fire, in a cuddle chair. Living my best life Huns

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement