Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

smurfjed wrote: »
    Madigans O’Connell street. I used to work in here as a lounge boy 30 years ago. I always wonder what my life would have been like if I stayed in Ireland.

You'd have been grand lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,147 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@gifted. . Loved it :):)

Now in Murray’s O’connell Street, OMG this place is beyond huge, 3 pubs attached to a central beer garden. I always thought it was a typical Main Street pub. So this brings my count to 11:)

Double posting f

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Posting it twice, does not increase the count Smurf.

At home, watching the footie. Recovering from the rollercoasters that are Liverpool matches.

The Shakespeare pub, a KOREAN pub no less that stinks of Kimchi. Can I get them for false advertising :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Just home from tree shopping, that took ten minutes.. it was the bauble hunting, oh ffs, I spent a fortune on new lights too, but the reaction from the 3 year old was worth it. My tree is going to look like an elf threw up on it.. ie: pure class!
    Its standing to dry and will be dressed tomorrow when all 117 children are here, ( I'm really f'ing jealous of all the drink talk. Really really REALLY beyond jealous)party tonight.. I'm taxi .. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭la ultima guagua

How does one know when one is in a Korean pub ( when not in Korea ) ?

Kitchenside

@la ultima guagua.... It stinks of KIMCHI, and is attached to a well renowned Korean restaurant. :)

@cbyrd, i was walking down Earl Street yesterday where the Fire Men were selling calendars in support of the Crumlin Hospital, thinking of your battle, i got one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

Witchie wrote: »
    Just be glad he is not like my son. As a child he wanted a green beard. He woke up on his 5th birthday and his dream had come true. My brother used a PERMANENT marker to draw one on. Poor child went to school for several days looking like Billy Connolly.

In my bar. Pint in front of me and Pool on the telly. Happy feckin days.

And for a change...they won!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

Thrown on the couch. Left hand working the remote to find something to watch on tv which is on mute. My right leg is tapping away to the tunes on Jenny Greene's Electric Disco coming from the radio in the kitchen. Radio seems to be winning out on the satisfaction stakes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

In my wee office, thanks the deities for a booze break :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Couch. Fighting the black dog. He's winning today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Im in a bar weve discovrd new a beer. Its called Of Foam And Fury, its 8.5% not good

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Bedside it’s been a long tiring day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

Where am I? *This* close to closing my account because I've remembered why I closed it in the first place.

Reality bites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

https://youtu.be/_41toEiohAI
    Listening to choons wishing I was pissed and out but I'm sober and at home.
    If I ever do have a wedding reception you may all bring glostix because it'll be a matrimonial rave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

Vela wrote: »
    Where am I? *This* close to closing my account because I've remembered why I closed it in the first place.

Reality bites.

Stay a while more

Feeling a bit better now.. started drinking whisky at 9pm last night and finished up at 3.30am...today was not a fun day I'll tell ya! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

On the sofa watching GBBO. Half falling asleep but really don't want to water my last full free day here for a month. Want to go to Bukit Bintang to check out the Christmas decorations but the thoughts of getting showered and dressed is exhausing me. Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

smurfjed wrote:
    @cbyrd, i was walking down Earl Street yesterday where the Fire Men were selling calendars in support of the Crumlin Hospital, thinking of your battle, i got one.

I'm tired and this made me well up.

I'm lying in bed listening to the 3 year old bossing her 8 years old brother about.
    I've to go food shopping now and then pick up 4 more children then start the tree! I got in at 3-30am. Got to bed at 4 she woke up at 5, 6 and 8.. shoot me now!
    I guess the good thing is I've no hangover to deal with, it was funny how uncomfortable people got with my not drinking. Questions from do I attend meetings now, ? (from those who know me :D) to am I teetotal ? Do I miss it. My honest answer is yes, I would love to unwind with a glass or a bottle of wine of a night, but I'm so afraid I'll either get so angry ilk smash the place up or I'll rail at the universe, (which never ends well) and turn into a sobbing mess at the recent unfairness.
    Ah well, at least I'm saving a fortune in drink money, taxi fares and painkillers . . . Every cloud :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

In my room watching an episode of bleach!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Trying to blow up balloons, with 48% functioning lungs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm on the couch, cat and dog asleep on my and I'm about to start a new book. I will probably be here all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Had a few drinks last night, 4 glasses and I'm wrecked the next day.

Husband is dropping our guests home and I thought I'd go lie down with the toddler and a video. Little legend that he is fell asleep. So I'm about to nap my Sunday evening away.

When we wake up it'll be late late toy show under a duvet on the couch eating unhealthy things like pizza or nachos.

I'm in the Black Sheep having my Sunday pint. It's nice :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm in the Black Sheep having my Sunday pint. It's nice :)

Watcha having?

Having pint of Galway hooker here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Couchside, chilling all day after a fantastic pre-Christmas meet up with friends last night, pizza in oven and then an early night, getting too old for parties that go on til 3 am.

Watcha having?

Having pint of Galway hooker here.

It was one of their rotatation taps, Larkins IPA :)

It was one of their rotatation taps, Larkins IPA :)

*licks lips*

Looks nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

On the train to Dublin...have a genuine question re same....is it Enda Kenny that does the announcements about where the train is stopping??if not it’s his voice-double

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement