Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

My most frightening flight was the time I roofied myself with too many Xanax and hallucinated that I was tied to a rake of balloons and was stuck in a tree and little brats were trying to shoot arrows at the balloons
    I was sweatin

Hate flying I do be dosed up to the eyeballs

Not afraid of crashing but panic that I can’t escape, once the door closes I’m in a heap. Few Valium few drinks if it’s a long flight maybe a sleeping pill or two

I’m in bed wishing I was self medicating tonight

I hate it too..I have a few drinks but if the seatbelt light goes on or any turbulence then I'm convinced I'm going to die,can't even relax when it's going smooth because I'm waiting for the damn turbulence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I’m so irrational with stuff like that. The crashing part doesn’t worry me it’s the fact I’m trapped. Bit like my op last year they wouldn’t give me general anesthesia because I’ve tachycardia and epilepsy etc and they said they wouldn’t take the risk for elective surgery that they’d give me a spinal tap instead. I begged them to let me sign a waiver for the gen anesthetic so they’d knock me out over giving me a needle in my back obviously she said absolutely not but I was willing to take my chances. I was howling crying on way to theatre and the dr was consoling me telling me the op was straight forward etc not to be scared. Bitch I don’t care about the op slit my throat if you like just please don’t stick a needle in my back :(

Fears are very irrational

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

My Beeeeeeeeauuutifulll Bed! Looking forward to an epic 15-hour sleep or so! :)

Goodnight all! Turn out the lights whoever's last! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

cbyrd wrote: »
    Sitting cotside watching love on Netflix. Thanks guys, I was running out of ideas! Little man is doing brilliant! So far it seems to be working, the gagging has stopped now the tube is out of his throat. Imagine, I , not a trained doctor, was right :D sometimes it pays to be persistent! (and by persistent I actually mean a pain in the ar5e) :D

Go mama and I hope you enjoy Gus, Mickey, Bertie and co as much as I did.
    gifted wrote: »
    Finally in bed in galway.....much as I love Cork, I hate the drive back to galway. Lol lol

Fyp
    I’m so irrational with stuff like that. The crashing part doesn’t worry me it’s the fact I’m trapped. Bit like my op last year they wouldn’t give me general anesthesia because I’ve tachycardia and epilepsy etc and they said they wouldn’t take the risk for elective surgery that they’d give me a spinal tap instead. I begged them to let me sign a waiver for the gen anesthetic so they’d knock me out over giving me a needle in my back obviously she said absolutely not but I was willing to take my chances. I was howling crying on way to theatre and the dr was consoling me telling me the op was straight forward etc not to be scared. Bitch I don’t care about the op slit my throat if you like just please don’t stick a needle in my back :(

Fears are very irrational

I hear ya. Was going for a simple procedure and they decided to go the epidural method. Having had 2 during childbirth I was thinking I could handle it. As soon as they started looking at me I vommed in fear and they ended up knocking me out.

On a bus bound for home. Just drove past the Singapore flyer (big wheel like London eye) and Marina Bay Sands Hotel. Now at Gardens by the bay. Oh wait now going past some cranes. ..oh now....

Laying in bed listening to
    https://youtu.be/wm-1uCXRlok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Bed at last Christ that was some session I will pay for this on the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Sure Ted is an auld lad

:(

Putting Persey on the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    :(

Putting Persey on the list.

As you're forgetting things auld fella?

Up and wondering if this feckin rain is ever going to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

What's the most frightening thing that has happened during a flight ?

Fear is when the missus asked me to sit on the edge of the Horseshow falls in Arizona and take a photo, not a bloody hope, I stayed 1-2 meters away, I wasn't like this when I was younger, but right now i won't hang over the edge of a cliff, and there is nothing that would make me inch towards that edge.

But flying is different, I'm trained to do this, well trained actually as we exceed all minimum limits, so I have never felt "canyon edge fear" as I know what I'm doing and I know the airplane. So lets bring it back a level to "shock", I have to admit that my biggest shock apart from the possibility of a broken Nespresso machine, was to get thrown over 69 degrees (twice) by the wake of a 777 that was double the legal distance ahead of us. We were sitting happily in a descent and we got kicked over twice at night, and the autopilot got disengaged, but once again we are trained for this, so before any sense of shock set it, we just corrected the aircraft and go away from the 777.

I have a Samsung fitness tracker that monitors my pulse, sometimes in stressful situations (mainly in the simulator) I get quite surprised to see that these situations had very little impact on my pulse.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

In the kitchen after having breakfast.

Hopefully work is OK this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Sitting is a crappy hotel making my own Nespresso! The rooms looked nice and it saved us a 45 minute drive to a brand name hotel, but the bed has destroyed my back and it was bloody noisy, both internally and externally. We voted on staying here, it was a bad decision.
    Benefit of flying 2 Captains at the same time is that the other guy is in charge today so he gets to do all the paperwork, deal with the authorities, make all the arrangements regarding our next move etc etc etc. All that I have to do is keep my mouth shut and ration my chocolates to make sure that i have a couple of days supply.
    There is an Unesco historical site close to this town, so if we stay a longer time I shall attempt to visit it.

As you're forgetting things auld fella?

Up and wondering if this feckin rain is ever going to stop.

Did I miss the "Pick on Ted" memo.

Looking at an untidy desk, maybe it is here somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Bed, waiting to see if my back is going to forgive me for dragging in a sack of coal from outside... It kind of screamed.. YOU know! Hot water bottle applied and eyeing the codeine...

Of course I should have brought the sack in before it deluged... Not sure the fire is going to catch and I am all but out of kindling... mea culpa totally...everything out there is sodden

Means I must find something to chop up later..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Colser wrote: »
    I hate it too..I have a few drinks but if the seatbelt light goes on or any turbulence then I'm convinced I'm going to die,can't even relax when it's going smooth because I'm waiting for the damn turbulence.

Making me glad I no longer go anywhere that needs a plane. Not flown since I came to Ireland in 2012. Three flights that took; one in a tiny plane from the 1sland to the bigger island... that could barely land for a gale... poor cat pooped all over the place.. then bigger plane taking off in snow, and then at Edinburgh.. high drama as no one knew how to put a cat through security.. they held the plane up and my wheelchair porter said that if they did not sort it soon they would close the airport.. (9/11 casting a long shadow) ..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Why is it the older I get, the more anxious or fearful I get about flying, wouldn't really call it a fear, just not mad about the landing and taking off part. Landing at gatwick is the worst for me, despite doing it about 3 times a year, the cross winds there, and a once near go around, even after the wheels had touched the ground. Well I thought it was going to be a go around.

Anyway, I am at kitchen table, bit of breakfast before going in for a training morning at work. Been awake since 6.30am.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Class side dying for a cupan tae!

Class side dying for a cupan tae!

Deskside with a cuppa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Well I had to walk into work today through the pouring rain. Only took me an hour! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Deskside with a cuppa.
    Me too!
    Well I had to walk into work today through the pouring rain. Only took me an hour! :(
    Same here, well walk to creche, have to leave again now in 30 mins to pick him up. Then the plan is to hide out in the house for the rest of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Filling out a form about my every day health and abilities for my new CF clinic and it's pretty depressing thinking about how I find normal things difficult. Feeling sad now, sigh.

Virtual willy waving at ya lady, sometimes the hand just doesn't do it. I find normal things difficult too due to anxiety so I self medicate with gargle and other refreshments. The NHS are brilliant though if that's any consolation to you. Right now I'm in the pavilions in Swords buying some runners for my son, don't see him too often anymore so it will be a nice surprise when I meet him after school. The fecker is now a size 11 in shoes and he's not long tuned 14, he's after turning into quite the young lothario despite his bright ginger hair. If the old belief is true I think I've figured out why ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Sitting-on-bed side not in it now mind just sitting on it, eating a Chupa Chup Watermelon lolly on the 'Pooter thinking/realizing gosh Cork boys are handsome.

Virtual willy waving at ya lady, sometimes the hand just doesn't do it.

I want a virtual willy!!

:pac:

I'm in the car. It's too wild out there for the train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Back from school after a dreary, wet mess of an Irish day.

I want a virtual willy!!

:pac:

I'm in the car. It's too wild out there for the train.
    Transgender thread is >>> thataway Perse :p

Working from home, just happened to turn on the TV & to my surprise found Cheltenham was on.

;)

I’d love a willy I’d pee on spiders
    I’m going for lunch no dessert have an umbrella too #aulone

I’d love a willy

That's twice you said that in the past week lol.. what's the story?? Just south of the river in sweetmans nursing a double green spot killing time before I head down to Tara St for the choo choo back to balbriggan. Killing spiders ain't cool though missus!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

That's twice you said that in the past week lol.. what's the story?? Just south of the river in sweetmans nursing a double green spot killing time before I head down to Tara St for the choo choo back to balbriggan. Killing spiders ain't cool though missus!

Forgive my ignorance but what's a double green spot (and I agree with the spider comment!)?

Wild enough outside the window today: need a cuppa with all that chat above...

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Creme fraiche

I’d love a willy I’d pee on spiders
    I’m going for lunch no dessert have an umbrella too #aulone

When I was in Africa last week there were spiders in the urinals. I took it upon myself to blast them with piss down the drain. Couldn’t think of a nicer thing to happen to the buggers.

• Advertisement

Forgive my ignorance but what's a double green spot (and I agree with the spider comment!)?

Wild enough outside the window today: need a cuppa with all that chat above...

It's a lovely smooth whiskey distilled by Mitchell's. It's not cheap, but not expensive either. They also make yellow spot which is slightly dearer but I prefer green spot sipped and savoured neat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement