Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

It's a lovely smooth whiskey distilled by Mitchell's. It's not cheap, but not expensive either. They also make yellow spot which is slightly dearer but I prefer green spot sipped and savoured neat.

Every day's a school day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

That's twice you said that in the past week lol.. what's the story?? Just south of the river in sweetmans nursing a double green spot killing time before I head down to Tara St for the choo choo back to balbriggan. Killing spiders ain't cool though missus!
    I’m a spider destructor. I take no chances with them anymore. If nobody can catch it for me I feel no remorse killing it. Ideally though I wouldn’t go near it. But I would aim at it if I had a willy.

Back in work after some mushrooms for lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Wasn't it Maggie Thatcher who said

"Everyone needs a Willy." * ?

Deskside.

( * - most people choose to believe that she was talking about Willy Whitelaw )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Virtual willy waving at ya lady, sometimes the hand just doesn't do it. I find normal things difficult too due to anxiety so I self medicate with gargle and other refreshments. The NHS are brilliant though if that's any consolation to you. Right now I'm in the pavilions in Swords buying some runners for my son, don't see him too often anymore so it will be a nice surprise when I meet him after school. The fecker is now a size 11 in shoes and he's not long tuned 14, he's after turning into quite the young lothario despite his bright ginger hair. If the old belief is true I think I've figured out why ;)

He takes after his Da then ?

( Deskside, feel like p*ssing off home )

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

Lying on the sofa. Had a lazyish morning, thinking I should get up now and try get dinner organised and take the pressure off later. Love the peace and quiet when everyone is in work and school

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Couchside, just after a wrestling match with my toddler to get him into his highchair for his snack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

0lddog wrote: »
    He takes after his Da then ?

( Deskside, feel like p*ssing off home )

I'm only a size 9 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Couchside, just after a wrestling match with my toddler to get him into his highchair for his snack.

Did you win?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Here's what im sipping right now

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

In my nice warm bed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Cotside having cuddles.
    Have to go home soon. Dreading going.
    Rant warning ahead: :D

I had a discussion with the dietician yesterday about his formula. Hes on 2, a high calorie one since he was tiny because of the extra energy he used just breathing and that his heart rate was so high, and the other one for the last 6 weeks to reduce the calories once his heart was fixed and his breathing got better.
    I noticed little eczema patches once the other formula joined in, but it took a couple off weeks to realise that it was eczema and not the plasters being put on and taken off every day for the oxygen prongs.
    So, (making a long story longer) I say this to the dietician yesterday, now that it's being pumped into his tummy, he's getting the full effect, she says...
    It's not caused by diet... Wtf?
    :O
    I nearly fell over.
    Cue today and his nappy this morning looks like a very large (very large) adult blew their nose in his nappy (look away now if you're squeamish,) but it was full of lumps of mucus, lots of little lumps of green snotty poo and finally when his nurse saw it she said yeah, that's not normal.
    She phoned the dietician and told her she was stopping the lower calorie formula. Fcuking so called educated people, he's on the high calorie one since noon and no vomits and no more snot poos.
    Home is as soon as hes tolerating bolus (hourly high volume) feeds. This was a setback but I'm on the case and have it sorted. Could he next week if we get the formula sorted. 3 of his buddies went home today, I had a few tears but hoping it's our turn next.

In. Out...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Here's what im sipping right now

Oooh. Report back. Looks interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

cbyrd wrote: »
    Cotside having cuddles.
    Have to go home soon. Dreading going.
    Rant warning ahead: :D

I had a discussion with the dietician yesterday about his formula. Hes on 2, a high calorie one since he was tiny because of the extra energy he used just breathing and that his heart rate was so high, and the other one for the last 6 weeks to reduce the calories once his heart was fixed and his breathing got better.
    I noticed little eczema patches once the other formula joined in, but it took a couple off weeks to realise that it was eczema and not the plasters being put on and taken off every day for the oxygen prongs.
    So, (making a long story longer) I say this to the dietician yesterday, now that it's being pumped into his tummy, he's getting the full effect, she says...
    It's not caused by diet... Wtf?
    :O
    I nearly fell over.
    Cue today and his nappy this morning looks like a very large (very large) adult blew their nose in his nappy (look away now if you're squeamish,) but it was full of lumps of mucus, lots of little lumps of green snotty poo and finally when his nurse saw it she said yeah, that's not normal.
    She phoned the dietician and told her she was stopping the lower calorie formula. Fcuking so called educated people, he's on the high calorie one since noon and no vomits and no more snot poos.
    Home is as soon as hes tolerating bolus (hourly high volume) feeds. This was a setback but I'm on the case and have it sorted. Could he next week if we get the formula sorted. 3 of his buddies went home today, I had a few tears but hoping it's our turn next.

In. Out...

Fingers crossed cbyrd...big hugs being sent out.....

Was gonna drop a virtual hand but there's a rogue virtual willy on the loose so better not...lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Couchside after having the dinner, I'm so full I can't move :D

Cbyrd it's getting closer to Elliott going home, and sometimes ok most times people are stupid (dietician)

Gifted you can drop all the virtual hands you like ;)

Oooh. Report back. Looks interesting.

I had a bottle over xmas, it's the mutts nuts... definitely my fave bourbon or sherry aged whiskey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

bedside in my apartment, watching medical documentaries, perfect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Abed, listening to the dog snoring loudly ... too tired to rest.....ah well, no need to get up tomorrow.... Lucky dog to sleep so well..three cats om the bed also fast asleep.... Getting hungry now too... night starvation!l

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Bedside watching tv

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

In bed. Freeeezing cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

In a coffee shop waiting to meet a guy who may have some work for me on his website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Waking up in my 1 star hotel, OK, maybe i can give it 1.5 stars.
    Still waiting on aircraft manufacturer to give us permission to fly back home, so I'm off sight seeing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Lying in bed, prolonging putting my feet on the ground for a few more minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Back abed catching up with boards.ie... Walked the dog, or, rather, I walked and dog raced and cat ran. ( he likes to come with us does cat) ... Breakfasted and next is a heap of nasty official letters I have been putting off.

All safe out there after yesterday.

Awake a few hours now...mood going from angry to incandescent rage..it's going to be a fun day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

In Dublin last day of a training course. Can't wait to get home to the west tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Home from the hospital to take the 8 year old to the doctor. Lol, it never stops!in the waiting room

Found something Lady McB can eat in Tesco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Found something Lady McB can eat in Tesco

Ugh....I'm not into Welsh ladies! :p

Curled up on the couch under a blanket.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

It's quite amazing what you can find in the desert :) This was about an hours drive from where I am staying and about 5000 feet lower going down a road that the Top Gear presenters would love and a Tesla would have a computer overload.
    25949365767_c41c180f8d.jpg
    26951165658_656a0e5ae3.jpg
    40111738964_18fb8162ab.jpg
    25949398757_af5a30a056.jpg
    26951188948_7f3a45f4c2.jpg

The great thing about tourism in this part of the world is that you are usually the ONLY tourist, so no queues :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Beautiful pics

I’m in work fearing the time may have come to get my hair cut.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement