Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Am sitting at the kitchen table, a horrific dose has been going thru the family and it's my turn. Have to miss out on a seminar today, am gutted but really don't think people want to see me dry wretch into a plastic bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In work with a huge big head.
    Had a customer in earlier who looked familiar but didn’t know if I’d met her before or where I knew her from. After a while she asked me if I was friends with XXX and I had been, a long time ago. I said yes, and she told me I was “strikingly beautiful” and she remembered me from a night out in 2011.

Obviously was mortified when she said it but I’m thrilled with myself all morning with my strikingly beautiful face. She wouldn’t be saying that if she saw the cut of me in the morning after the state I plan on getting into tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Beautiful weather in Paris, kinda sorry that I have to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

In greenwood bar opposite Victoria tube station. Having a beer to allow my feet rest.... Walking all morning with the occasional tube ride from a to b.
    London is a cool spot..... Lucky to be only a short flight from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Soft play in Lakeside shopping centre, hubby chasing the toddler while I relax (somewhat) with a tea and sleeping baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Soft play in Lakeside shopping centre, hubby chasing the toddler while I relax (somewhat) with a tea and sleeping baby.

What a lovely picture; thank you. :)

In from watching rapt as a big stripey bee went in and out of the 2 potted daffodil flowers that are basically all there is out there. Shades of summer ahead.. Black and gold against bright yellow in full sun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

What an intense walk in town I had just now. Those bags nearly weighed me down. Not to mention that I had a gym session beforehand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Graces7 wrote: »
    In from watching rapt as a big stripey bee went in and out of the 2 potted daffodil flowers that are basically all there is out there. Shades of summer ahead.. Black and gold against bright yellow in full sun

Yes, they erupted from hibernation here today too. A tremendous chorus of buzzing through the heather beds and singletons around the various flowering bulbs. One kept looking for sustenance among the brightly coloured clothes drying in the line. I spent a good half hour trying to identify, and count, the various species (three) for a survey I contribute to. We could do a lot worse than spend our time enjoying these fascinating little creatures.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,157 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Poolside

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

In Salthill watching kites flying high in a clear sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

In Salthill watching kites flying high in a clear sky.

Red Tailed, as in hawks, or the ones on strings?
    ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh the stringed kind, I'll do some nature watching at home in the garden later, feed the dog and cats..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Graces7 wrote: »
    Any news? Hoping so, and that it is good. (((HUGS)))

thanks for the hugs :) no more news, I guess no news is good news

couchside

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

couchside, feeling worried, apparently my cousin is seriously sick in ICU and doctors can't figure out why he's sick, hoping he makes it through

I hope there's good news soon. :)
    gifted wrote:
    Couch.....brought 17 kids to the circus this afternoon as it's the eldest chicks birthday this Sunday...she's 9.....circus was brilliant...acrobats were amazing....whacked now though lol lol....

Dunno whether you're incredibly brave or stupid :D lol hope you got a lie in this morning!

Cotside, little man is in great form. discovered he hates pillows .. keeps throwing up when he's propped on one, but the nurse today doesn't know him that well and propped him, then couldn't understand why he kept puking.. it's the tummy being squished .. lie him flat, don't do his flushes too fast and don't move him too much when he's being fed.. thems the new rules. Write them down now laminate and stick them to the cot.
    I'll have to go over all this again next week in Castlebar... Monday, or Tuesday if they forget to order the bus..
    He also doesn't like his room too warm. Fussy little man.. :D

Completely off topic (as usual)
    I watched a movie the other night, My Feral Heart, the lead character had downs, this might sound a bit mad but bear with me, I was surprised at how good he was. I don't have much experience with downs and I suppose until you do there's a fear of it. That's why I never get uppity with anyone who passes comment.. I would have been the same. There not a lot of inclusion in mainstream media. To me, Elliot is just my baby who happens to have downs, as well as five hundred and three other little things .. makes me sound a bit dumb I guess, but until you have to you don't give it any thought, like becoming coeliac, then you see all the gf stuff on the shelves, or lack of.. lol
    My thoughts for the day .. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Creme fraiche

Didn’t get news I wanted to get this morning. Went on the rip roaring piss since. Now how lying on the bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Flaked out on the couch.
    Will need a Lazurus style resurrection to get my self going before this evenings shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,627 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Leaving NUIG.
    There's no other place to make you wish you were going for a few pints than Eyre Sq on a sunny Saturday evening.

cbyrd wrote: »

I watched a movie the other night, My Feral Heart, the lead character had downs, this might sound a bit mad but bear with me, I was surprised at how good he was. I don't have much experience with downs and I suppose until you do there's a fear of it. That's why I never get uppity with anyone who passes comment.. I would have been the same. There not a lot of inclusion in mainstream media. To me, Elliot is just my baby who happens to have downs, as well as five hundred and three other little things .. makes me sound a bit dumb I guess, but until you have to you don't give it any thought, like becoming coeliac, then you see all the gf stuff on the shelves, or lack of.. lol

When I moved house last time, the "man with a van" had his (downes) grownup son helping him . A lovely lad, smartly dressed and with a sense of humour; loved the dog. And a hard worker. He made an impression on the ferry men here as he worked so hard to load the boat.

I saw this today

http://www.eternallifestyle.com/living/bullies-always-teased-girl-dwarfism-gained-strength-family-friends/?utm_campaign=SAFE%20MSN%20Bullies%20Teased%20A%20Girl%202%20-%20Desktop%20GBR&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=landmarkdigital-breakingnews&utm_term=She+adopts+A+Girl.+19+Years+Later%2C+She+Looks+Totally+Different&utm_content=https%3A%2F%2Fprod-cm-minder-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fadc16769-1de9-4e76-86ee-ee0dece361a4.jpg!-%23%40294x148a

It is the loving from parents; and this you have in rich abundance.

cbyrd wrote: »

Dunno whether you're incredibly brave or stupid :D lol hope you got a lie in this morning!

Cotside, little man is in great form. discovered he hates pillows .. keeps throwing up when he's propped on one, but the nurse today doesn't know him that well and propped him, then couldn't understand why he kept puking.. it's the tummy being squished .. lie him flat, don't do his flushes too fast and don't move him too much when he's being fed.. thems the new rules. Write them down now laminate and stick them to the cot.
    I'll have to go over all this again next week in Castlebar... Monday, or Tuesday if they forget to order the bus..
    He also doesn't like his room too warm. Fussy little man.. :D

kitchen side eating my dinner

• Advertisement

Out with a certain lovely Lady :D

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Creme fraiche

Jealous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Chilling out on the couch... unwell toddler is driving us to the brink of insanity, am hoping the night goes well or we’ll be heading into Crumlin in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Sligo Showgrounds. Bring back Cookie.

:(

my cousin's condition is stable which is good news :) couchside after watching casualty, what an episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

As in The Lady???......that wan?....lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

gifted wrote: »

Will we gatecrash them..think I recognise the bar.😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Colser wrote: »
    Will we gatecrash them..think I recognise the bar.😂

What bar is it??...thought it was cantys but years since I drank in Cork so could be anywhere lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

What bar is it??...thought it was cantys but years since I drank in Cork so could be anywhere lol lol

I won't name it but looks like my usual haunt when I'm in town but could be wrong..can't wait for some gas posts later..ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

The very same :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement