Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

northgirl wrote: »
    Bedside. Anxiety ridden.

((((HUGS)))

Office is freezing, hat and scarf on again. Someone send a duvet.

Just processing it through the matter-transporter... WHEEEEEEE! There it goes.

Witchie wrote: »
    Lying in bed hungover as fook after a wild night. Bumped into a Dutch woman I know in a bar and we ended up chatting with 4 men (from Oz, Sweden, Malaysia and England) and an American girl until the wee hours. Feckin UN Convention.

Had gone out to get drunk to deal with the news I got that one of my best mates has cancer. So upset.

Now am hungover and upset but at least had a few hours respite.

((HUGS)))

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Sorry to hear about your friend witchie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I was just messaging her and I can't get my head around it. It sounds like she has given up. 

I need some suggestions for a gift to send her. What do you send someone with cancer? Not sure I want to send flowers coz am sure she will be getting lots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

At work. Didn't realise how cold it is this morning. Agh cold Monday mornings in the office. Yay for my lagging jacket coat :pac:

Witchie wrote: »
    I was just messaging her and I can't get my head around it. It sounds like she has given up. 

I need some suggestions for a gift to send her. What do you send someone with cancer? Not sure I want to send flowers coz am sure she will be getting lots.

Start with a really lovely card...

Bed, very glad the night is over and contemplating the day ahead. Not
    a particularly pleasant thought but there we are.. Y'day was grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Packing the gear into the car and heading to the river for some fishing.
    🐟🐟🐟🐟🦈

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Witchie, I'm very sorry about your friend. With my friend I got her some stuff she'd use after or while getting her treatment, stuff she liked. Fluffy socks because her feet were cold a lot. Hand cream because her skin was dry. I got her some little hats and scarves. Also got her some fun little things that I knew she'd like - nail polish etc. I hope your friend will be OK.

I am currently couch side with breakfast. I think I'll hop back into the bed with a cuppa for a bit and then I'll see where the day takes me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Me at my desk, half asleep.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I’d second some comforts, the fluffiest softest dressing gown, nice gentle sensitive skin friendly moisturizer because treatment is hard on the skin, her favourite treats, little thoughtful things you know make her feel better usually

I’m lying in a bed that’s not mine fighting to keep my eyes open and t

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am sitting in the garden making a list of jobs I need to tackle this week. Not fighting to keep my eyes open and finishing sentences!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Just realised that your clocks went forward so I almost missed Dublin Talks on 98FM.
    Stuck in a hotel room, bored enough to do some online office work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Running around chasing my hole trying to get stuff done

Back abed after a rather successful
    phone session and getting much of what needed organising sorted.

Birds area making a great fuss out there; cat alert...

Good news in the post for a change

Just the car to sort..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend Witchie, I agree that some nice pampering gifts would be lovely.

I'm at the hairdressers and I'm still in a heap from the other night. I think I must have fallen over at some stage because my back and my foot and my hip are sore and I'm coming out in bruises all over the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Thank you, they are lovely suggestions. X

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Back desk side after breakfast.
    I'm at the hairdressers and I'm still in a heap from the other night. I think I must have fallen over at some stage because my back and my foot and my hip are sore and I'm coming out in bruises all over the shop.

Must have been some night :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Sorry to hear about your friend Witchie... Don’t Buy Her Flowers have some fab cancer care packages. Not sure what postage to Ireland is like

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Back from a quick fishing session on the river. No fish but Kingfisher, Dipper and Otter to keep me company and amused.

Witchie, sorry to hear that. I have been there many times through the years. Try to treat your friend as you always have in the past. Be the 'normal' couple of friends you always were.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Just realised that the fire work display that I thought that I heard last night was actually Patriot missiles shooting down Houthi missiles.

Ah so sorry to hear about your friend Witchie :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

On the floor in sitting room while little miss runs amok bringing me in everything from the drawer in the kitchen. I dread to think what state the kitchen is in

On the floor in sitting room while little miss runs amok bringing me in everything from the drawer in the kitchen. I dread to think what state the kitchen is in

Aww.. Reminds me of the story of the little one who ran to his mother with"Mummy! That thing in the toothpaste tube is as long as the settee..."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Witchie wrote:

I'm so sorry witchie, do you have any pictures of yourselves together back in the day that you could make into a little collage, there's places that put them in a photo frame with a message or something like that or one photo with a message on the other side like a book, It's a bit more personal . .

I'm on the couch in the kitchen, stove belting out heat and I'm still cold. I slept like the dead for 9 hours last night, I think the stress knackered me. But best foot forward its a new week, he is still going up the volumes with no problems, different doc today said hold him for another 24 hours to see and then maybe transfer. I will remember the protocol. Do not get hopes up. :)

cbyrd wrote: »
    I'm so sorry witchie, do you have any pictures of yourselves together back in the day that you could make into a little collage, there's places that put them in a photo frame with a message or something like that or one photo with a message on the other side like a book, It's a bit more personal . .

I'm on the couch in the kitchen, stove belting out heat and I'm still cold. I slept like the dead for 9 hours last night, I think the stress knackered me. But best foot forward its a new week, he is still going up the volumes with no problems, different doc today said hold him for another 24 hours to see and then maybe transfer. I will remember the protocol. Do not get hopes up. :)

Everything crossed here...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Sitting-on-bed-side avoiding getting stuck into cleaning my house, the place is like a Bombsite. I can't find motivation at all. Think it has skipped town with energy. They gone on a boozy sesh together.. Anyway am eating a bag of Original Hula Hoops doing a spot of Tindering, constantly refreshing email for word of a Job I applied for, aaannd seeing if there's any Classes on on a Monday night as I want to switch nights if I can.. I reeeeeeeeally need to clean my house! Will someone put a fire under me please! :pac::o

Sinking rapidly lower in my bed and need to crash a while ..rain heavy on window// rather soothing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

At work but feeling very redundant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement