Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

In lisbon, lovely spot. I've been offered drugs at least Seven times today though.

Indeed, I was there this last year walking down to the Tagus and all the lads selling sunglass.
    " Sunglasses"?
    "No thanks"
    "Sunglasses"?
    "No thanks"
    "Sunglasses"
    "No thanks"!!
    "Where you from"?
    "Ireland"
    "Ah! ..you want coke"?
    "No thanks"!!

Happens about 3 or 4 times inside 15 mins....and I genuinely didn't mind ..it's their schtick I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Now Bedside after one hell of a day :( Thank god only 3 more working days to go :D

Witchie what I did for my friend was make her a hamper of her favourite pampering items, hand creams /body lotions/ lip balms, fluffy dressing gown, pyjamas and cosy socks and some of her favourite chocolates :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Couch side watching The Bone Collector

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Couchside. Accidentally on purpose bought some nice things on the interweb. Be eating beans on toast for a week but fùck it.

Now to wait for the post man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sleep eluded me so done some housework as the gale rages and staying awake ( ish!) to "call home" before snuggling to sleep again, if I am blessed..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

At home from the party palace will drop the hand tomorrow night :):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

I says wrote: »
    At home from the party palace will drop the hand tomorrow night :):):):)

Ah fcuk I’m drunk https://youtu.be/8g6h1vI4Xv0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Thank you all for your lovely support. Will put a hamper together and get my mum to be postie. My friend gets her surgery today so hopefully all will be well.

Today is a better day. Woke up to the family WhatsApp thread telling me that Craig "Smeghead Lister" Charles was playing my lil bro's music on his BBC show a few weeks ago and gave him some mighty praise. Feeling very proud.

Enjoy some funky soul

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Seriously trying not to be here right now.

Succeeded, escaping home, this my 25th flight this month 😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

smurfjed wrote: »
    Seriously trying not to be here right now.

Succeeded, escaping home, this my 25th flight this month ��

Any room for a passenger. All I want is to escape this place!

• Advertisement

"Loud the wind howls, loud the waves roar, "

So sudden the change, from summery spring to wintry....rain loud against the side and windows .

The cats and dogs bullied me into getting out of bed; all fed now, and back with coffee and hwb.. Knitting and find something on youtube. Caught up with "Casualty" and need a new series..

After I light the stove..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am in the kitchen - have some croissants in the oven and hoping the weather clears so I can get out for a cycle later.
    Have nothing else planned for the rest of the day - risk of getting bored!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Sitting on the bed listening to the boy playing in his room with a belching hippo. I dunno where people come up with these things.
    Have an agent coming to value our house tonight and I'm supposed to be cleaning up. Like even-more-than-normal-guest-deep-cleaning. So far I've done the bathroom. Motivation is not my friend today.

I also promised that I'd make lemon cake today. Again not feeling the most motivated but at least at the end of that is cake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sitting on my bed just after my shower blow drying myself dry

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

In work, working, doing work stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

At my desk counting down the time to break, I'm starved of the hunger!

Fighting less and less successfully to stay awake.. Seem to have winded down too much maybe... The rain sound is hypnotc... and dog is snoring.

Watching an old film and sewing up all the fingerless gloves and matching wide bands knitted recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Back from a walk in the rain with Mrs S that wasn't planned as a walk in the rain but it's very changeable. Anyway, no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing, and we were dressed for it. Debating whether to put a brew of coffee on or to tip in to town for a coffee. I'll let the boss decide...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Back from lunch. Ready to go home now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bus side, bus came just as I landed at the stop :3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Tick tock tick tock.

I'm in the Black Sheep having one of my many daily thinks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

couchside, thinking about questions to ask on Friday (apparently I'm getting a PA (personal assistant) in a few weeks, someone is coming to talk to me about it Friday):)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,157 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Poolside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

At home now... rung by a recruitment firm yesterday who told me they wanted to video interview me today...no probs...say 11am lads?
    No...we have a 10.30 interview and we expect all the interviews to take at least 30 mins.
    Ok...12.30 suit you?
    Yes Jack...no probs.
    12 30...call starts.
    12.34...call ends
    Jack thru to next round like a boss!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

northgirl wrote:
    Any room for a passenger. All I want is to escape this place!

Ditto...

Cotside, no new transfer date or date for home. Trying to keep my chin up but it's hard today, if the transfer went ahead on Friday, We'd be home today, so I'm feeling a bit fragile. One if his lovely nurses had a chat with me today and both of us were in tears. She said go get his car seat and I'll go home with you.. I don't often crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Sitting on a rock on Barnagheera strand with a nice spliff watching the dog run around in circles like a spa. He's a dumb f*ck, no two ways about it. His stupidity and general clumsiness make him all the more loveable though. The extra hour is great, otherwise I wouldn't be out with him. Its kinda theraputic looking at the beautiful, stupid little c*nt running around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Sitting on a rock on Barnagheera strand with a nice spliff watching the dog run around in circles like a spa. He's a dumb f*ck, no two ways about it. His stupidity and general clumsiness make him all the more loveable though. The extra hour is great, otherwise I wouldn't be out with him. Its kinda theraputic looking at the beautiful, stupid little c*nt running around the place.

So poetic!

Sitting in a hotel bar, some woman 2 tables down seems to think we all want to hear what she has to say, first FaceTiming her kid and now talking to her dinner companion. There are people each side of me and I can't hear anything they are saying... only I’m waiting for my dessert, I’d retreat to my room!

Abed and up a minute or three.... Sea music again.... nothing can stop the tides... a quick cat count tells me one is still out,. If I turn the light off and settle he will start banging at the door and yelling ... clever cat//I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Couchside absolutely wrecked tired :(

Felt good today when a work colleague thought i was only 28 and I was a good few years ago :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement