Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Heading to the kitchen to cut some chips and make the burgers for dinner in an hour or so. Need to do a stocktake for the shopping tomorrow while I'm there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I thought you were going to say the big Tom cat was giving your cat a seeing too, we’ve all been there, extra loud and making a scene.

I’m in work just after washing chocolate handprints off my walls belonging to children who shouldn’t have been brought here

lol.... All my cats are FIXED. As are all the island cats except stinkertom. Folk have tried but the woman refuses..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

If someone offered to fix my fella I wouldn’t refuse

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Sofa, watching last nights Commonwealth Triatalon, and seeking inspiration. Just in from my first (pool) swim since last year, before the open water season starts next month. Not my easiest swim, but the complex has appeared to have finally fixed the jacuzi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Sitting on a sunny bench in Gran Canaria, glass of wine with lunch has made me sleepy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Pramside.. He's fast asleep after his first jaunt into town. He enjoyed it almost as much as I did, I'm a long time waiting to complain about how awkward it is to get a buggy around town. :D

Dinner eaten and tidied away. Sitting room now, nice fire and waiting for 6.30 highlights of the Commonwealth Games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Clair4 wrote: »
    I hope you feel better soon.

thanks x, now couchside recovering and trying to get back to normal

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Kitchen side listening to music. I feel like I'm going through a second emo phase :p

In bed, watching the cats starting to settle, kind of, maybe, not sure.. storms affect them .. Leaping around..maybe some electrical activity going on ,or just healthy critters ...
    Listening perforce to the gale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Couchside relaxing :)

Grace do you live in a different country than Ireland? I ask as it always seems to be raining/ storms etc It was sunny here in the south east today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

+1 for the couch!

Went for a run earlier, been acting the bollix last few weeks and it's showing in my fitness, 2 runs this week and thought I was gonna die after both :(

Autosport wrote: »
    Couchside relaxing :)

Grace do you live in a different country than Ireland? I ask as it always seems to be raining/ storms etc It was sunny here in the south east today :)

Ireland yes. West Mayo, offshore Atlantic island. Default is stormy and wet but yesterday was lovely here too until evening when this landed! met.ie has us on warning. I walked the dog early yesterday in utter moonlit peace with the calm ocean around us .

My dwelling is very exposed so dramatic in gales.

What is awesome re Ireland is the sheer variety of weather in one day. Mayo escaped the snow and Ophelia bypassed us, turning right at the border with Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Back in the house now. I was outside a Jimmy Choo shop earlier thinking of all those who worship him but I held back on buying any presents for them. The mortgage is big enough as it is.

Back in the house now. I was outside a Jimmy Choo shop earlier thinking of all those who worship him but I held back on buying any presents for them. The mortgage is big enough as it is.

Tell them you thought about it.

It's the thought that counts......or so they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Geez , must tell my son that's it all because I wore jeans..

Wtf !!
    Worst thing is , people who follow crackpots like that will believe it :(

ETA , in the kitchen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Bed. Have taken nurofen + for toothache. They're like feckin gold dust.

The weather sounds wild out at the moment. I love listening to the wind in bed.

Little fella wanted to sing songs before bed tonight, instead of read. In particular songs I "singed when he was only little baby sized" now I have one on repeat in my stupid brain. So I'm sharing the ear-worm, you can thank me later when you cannot get it out of your head!

Goodnight, sweetheart, well it's time to go, Goodnight, sweetheart, well it's time to go, I hate to leave you, but I really must say, Goodnight, sweetheart, goodnight.

Well, it's three o'clock in the morning, And baby, I just can't do right, Well, I hate to leave you, baby, I don't mean maybe, because I love you so.
    Do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do

Whispered wrote: »
    Bed. Have taken nurofen + for toothache. They're like feckin gold dust.

The weather sounds wild out at the moment. I love listening to the wind in bed.

Well, it's three o'clock in the morning, And baby, I just can't do right, Well, I hate to leave you, baby, I don't mean maybe, because I love you so.

Do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do

Is that what codeine does to thee!!!

Just taken Tylex so watch this space clearly... ;) Great stuff,codeine.
    Smooths out the rough places..
    The wind needs to stop... giving out... earplugs ahoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

In bed, hot water bottle, eating chocolate buttons watching TV. Bliss!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Haha I've just taken them. Once they hit I will be asleep.

I was given Tylex after surgery once and remember clearly holding a glass of Orange juice, watching as it really slowly slid out of my hand and dropped, in what seemed like slow motion. I was so dazed and confused. I could see it happening, knew I needed to tighten my fingers but they just didn't respond.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Smiling like a parent watching a child take their first steps...
    tylex, solpedene, solpadol even...they have absolutely no effect on me anymore...
    scary how someone can become immune to strong painkillers...the joys of being a crock I guess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭gifted

Whispered wrote: »
    Haha I've just taken them. Once they hit I will be asleep.

I was given Tylex after surgery once and remember clearly holding a glass of Orange juice, watching as it really slowly slid out of my hand and dropped, in what seemed like slow motion. I was so dazed and confused. I could see it happening, knew I needed to tighten my fingers but they just didn't respond.

I took Tramadol pain killing tablets after hernia operation a few years back just before dinner, 5 min later I just got up from the table and went to bed..left herself and three kids looking at me as I walked out of the kitchen.....scary ****.....stopped taking them after that...

Tramadol is gorgeous. It made me feel like I had taken a valium. Everything became warm and velvet like. And you know what the best thing was? My feelings went from 10 to 0. Nothing mattered only floating away. I had to throw them out in the end because they were far too nice.

I'm in the bed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Samsgirl wrote: »
    In bed suffering from a horrendous dose of tonsillitis. Feeling very sorry for myself

Still in bed but feeling nearly human again. May venture downstairs tomorrow!!

Well, geee. Al codeine does for me is kill the pain. tramadol is an oddball ; a synthetic opiate that has just been labelled as such

I once had morphine for a dangerous postop migraine. Felt it dealing with the pain and everything else in great soothing waves... sheer bliss..

I never get immune. Take care not to . Far too valuable as a pain killer

Bed .... love the way you say "in the bed". first time i heard that was when I called my landlord at first light way back to tell him is ++++++ were in my garden and eating my market stock,
    "I am in the bed,"he pleaded

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Bed, after watching crap TV for the last few hours.

Was on codine my self for a few days the other week, don't want to take it again in a hurry, was asleep for about 16 out of 24 hrs, even during the time I was awake, I struggled to function.

In the bed of course, and planning to try for sleep soon ...Wish me luck..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

On the couch with the heating on and big fire in the stove,waiting to get my turn with the TV so I can watch First Dates...and a bottle of bud (my type of medication ðŸ˜).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Colser wrote: »
    On the couch with the heating on and big fire in the stove,waiting to get my turn with the TV so I can watch First Dates...and a bottle of bud (my type of medication .

You off the drink? :p

About to get starkers and climb into me bed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement