Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Autosport wrote:
    Grace do you live in a different country than Ireland? I ask as it always seems to be raining/ storms etc It was sunny here in the south east today

More often than not, we get the brunt of it, here in the west Auto. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,157 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Library

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Back in the house now. I was outside a Jimmy Choo shop earlier thinking of all those who worship him but I held back on buying any presents for them. The mortgage is big enough as it is.
    Remember when you didn’t get me a birthday present

Tramadol is gorgeous. It made me feel like I had taken a valium. Everything became warm and velvet like. And you know what the best thing was? My feelings went from 10 to 0. Nothing mattered only floating away. I had to throw them out in the end because they were far too nice.

I'm in the bed :)

Tramadol ****s me up. Can’t hack them. Get them for my back but they’re not for me. I get real nice when I’m high, be texting people telling them I love them, suggesting hanging out more with people I’d usually avoid. If I’m being nice to my best friend she knows full well I’m off my tits
    If I take 1/2 the dose and sleep it off I might be ok but I’ll be in a heap if I stand up, dizzy sweating and vomitting. If I take full dose I’ll be unable to move. Zydol is the worst. I must be allergic to them because within ten mins of one pill I’ll projectile vomit. I’ve been given OxyContin/morphine in hospital but while the initial floaty feeling is nice it’s not worth the pukeathon that ensues and sweating like a paedo at a playground. Love my Valium but don’t get much of a kick off them anymore because I struggle with having feelings so they don’t tend to alter my mood much.

I’m in bed wondering if I need a Valium for my back tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

AidoEirE wrote: »
    supermouse wrote: »
    In Santa Marta, Colombia. The last night I have on the Caribbean coast as I head back to Medellin for 7 days . . and then Panama! Bitter sweet that the Colombian chapter is coming to an end, it has been my favourite country by a long shot. Yet onwards and upwards I guess.

On my couch having a well deserved beer after a **** 15 hour shift.
    I bet your view is better than mine. Cruise liner?
    Gosh I wish ... nope, just me backpacking around the continent for a year. Unfortunately my meager budget doesn't stretch to such niceties as a cruise liner any more - more's the pity :) 
    I am now back in Medellin ... I cannot leave this city. It's my 3rd time here. I feel I will live here in the very near future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Tramadol ****s me up.

I remember taking some of them and going for a snooze.
    Woke up and needed a snack, so decided to drive to the shops.
    Bad idea.
    Felt like driving/walking on a trampoline.
    All soft and woolly. Turned back half way.

sweating like a paedo at a playground
    :pac:

Lying in bed in a heap with my back
    It’s at the stage tonight that I physically can’t get out of bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

supermouse wrote: »
    Gosh I wish ... nope, just me backpacking around the continent for a year. Unfortunately my meager budget doesn't stretch to such niceties as a cruise liner any more - more's the pity :) 
    I am now back in Medellin ... I cannot leave this city. It's my 3rd time here. I feel I will live here in the very near future.

I might hit you up for some of the local "medication" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

horizontal in the cool, fighting to keep the eyez open, losing the battle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

As is typical of me I am allergic to codeine. Also pretty much any painkiller stronger than Panadol makes me do the projectile vomming and gives me shakes and hallucinations. Real fun when you have a choice between passing out with pain or puking everywhere.

Speaking of allergies. Discovered yesterday that my EpiPens are out of date. I go to Bali in the morning and oh yeah it's practically impossible to get them in Malaysia or Indonesia. Going to have to rely on my less effective out of date ones until I get back in May and can order them from Singapore. Am very stressed.

Add to the stress that I have to collect my passport from getting the work permit cancelled and can only do so between 4.30 and 5 today or no Bali tomorrow.

Trying to unwind by getting my hair done when really I should be packing, working, sorting sh!t out.

Breathe in and out. In and out.

• Advertisement

Watching the Hong Kong 7's as Ireland are competing... Got a little giggle out of the Uganda team being sponsored by Guinness...a bit random
    A friend of mine is a ref and he loves these comps...went to one in the Caribbean last year and it was just heaven on earth... really, really wish I had become a ref :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Day 6 of my rotation so time to go home, it's amazing how rapidly a beautiful hotel room becomes stale.

@witchie, hope you enjoy Bali, I used to own Scruffy Murphys Irish bar there, unfortunately it became a lesson on choosing your business partners wisely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Sitting in bed with coffee and birdsong for company.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Good morning! Sofa. Brekkie eaten and tea going down well. I have a feeling it's gonna be a long day.

Waiting on the choo choo. It's late. I'm up since 6.30 am. Gods but it's an early one.

Waiting on the choo choo. It's late. I'm up since 6.30 am. Gods but it's an early one.

6.30?....that's a lie in for me :)
    Wondering will I bother going into work today...it's been raining for nearly 12 hours and no sign of it stopping

6.30?....that's a lie in for me :)
    Wondering will I bother going into work today...it's been raining for nearly 12 hours and no sign of it stopping

You are a better person than me :D

You are a better person than me :D

I wouldn't say better.. just less lazy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭gifted

Day off today.....still woke at the same time......why oh why can't I keep my eyes closed in the morning......forget the last time I slept for 8 hrs.....

Kitchen...eating toast

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Pfft, I was out for a run at that time.

Having tea & breakfast before work watching Sky News. London is becoming stab city.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Desk side, soaked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Kitchen, listening to the rain beating a tattoo on the window. Always comforting and cosy to hear wind and rain while feeling warm and dry.

Yee are being mean to poor auld Persepoly sleepy head :p

Still on choo choo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yee are being mean to poor auld Persepoly sleepy head :p

Still on choo choo.

*gives poly a medal*

Happy now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Tucked up in bed,no work today,have to drag myself into the shower and then meet my friend for some retail therapy and coffee.The weather 😂

*gives poly a medal*

Happy now :pac:

:D

I'm on my way to Cork Sephers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

God help us ðŸ˜

Colser wrote: »
    God help us ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

More often than not, we get the brunt of it, here in the west Auto. :)

Yep; comes over straight from the US.. No filter. We take the edge off it for the rest of you ;)

Finally surfaced to find wild weather again and this time Mayo is mentioned.

"From late morning through this afternoon, southerly winds will reach mean speeds of 50 to 60 km/hr at times with gusts of 80 to 95 km/hr, strongest in coastal areas. "

Thar she blows..Heavy sideways rain with it.

Got up briefly to feed the critters ( raw chicken day) and made two big mugs of coffee so I need not get up a while. Bed again now

• Advertisement

Heading for the canteen

Yay :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement