Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

In the kitchen putting up a floating shelf that has a hidden bracket.

Spent 30 mins measuring, marking, leveling, double checked and checked again.

Correct drill bit, correct size plugs, correct size screws.

Made a small drill mark on each of the marks on the wall.

Checked marks against bracket. Perfect.

Drill 1. Drill 2. Drill 3. Drill 4

Place bracket up to check.

Not one of them line up.

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOK SAAAAAAAAKE

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

kfallon wrote: »
    Them pisshorns can be a curse sometimes :P

Might get into bed soon and fanny around on the phone for an hour, nothing on tv ffs

:eek: :eek:

:D same time tomorrow night ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

In bed, not even that tired!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Sitting-on-bed-side feeling like Inspector Gadget or something. Surrounded by variety of bits of metals and things trying to get my stoopid dead Phone to come back to life again! Think will try putting it into a Box of Rice for 48 hours and see will that do anything even though it's not wet so it mightn't work at all but will give it a try shure.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Happy birthday Elliot and bones! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Bedside :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,158 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Economy class in a B777, certainly not used to this, but the wife decided that it was her turn to take the first class seat, unfortunately gone are the days when we could ask the Captain to upgrade us as they are fined the cost of the seat that they move you to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Bed,,, dratted cats got me up.Anyone would think they had no eaten for weeks... Nor sure if this is hay fever, a migraine or both. but will be the very death of me. Ah well, been lovely knowing all of theee

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Candlemass

Im only one in office today, tunes blaring - might get some dancing in after my coffee :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Snowseer

Traffic-side (in a taxi - not driving 'n' texting). My work motivation lasted all day yesterday - until we went for beers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Garden. Curlew calling as a flock of 14 fly overhead. Magical sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Having breakfast. On the road then for the day with work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,158 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Beer time in Paris CDG, already purchased two bottles of Jameson, Round and Bold......
    Trying to decide if we should head to the Skellig Islands tomorrow or Connemara, any advise?

smurfjed wrote: »
    Beer time in Paris CDG, already purchased two bottles of Jameson, Round and Bold......
    Trying to decide if we should head to the Skellig Islands tomorrow or Connemara, any advise?

Given the winds? Connemara. How about Cong? Clonbur.. all around there glorious in this weather.. Personally would avoid Kylemore

In work looking out at the mighty day we are having.

Supposed to go running later but by Jaysus I'd trample all over me own Mother to get to a large bottle of cider right now. Why can't it be Friday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

The Pavilions, Swords. Buying a new phone for me mammys birthday. 'Walking in the sunshine' by Bad Manners was blaring out of one of the clothes shops. It's a favourite of mine and I went in and feigned interest in some items until it played out. I'm lucky enough to have the kind of head that shop assistants give me a wide berth. Bizarrely, they followed the Bad Manners number up with Donna Summers hit 'I Feel Love'. I don't dislike that particular song, but I don't like it enough that I'd hang around the shop for a further five minutes to listen to.

Bizarrely, they followed the Bad Manners number up with Donna Summers hit 'I Feel Love'. I don't dislike that particular song, but I don't like it enough that I'd hang around the shop for a further five minutes to listen to.

Ffs now I have that dance version of the song in me head. Off to YouTube I go now to find it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Supposed to go running later but by Jaysus I'd trample all over me own Mother to get to a large bottle of cider right now. Why can't it be Friday :(

No such luck down my way, mild but cloudy. No sign of this "heatwave" yet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Kitchen, enforcing the 2 year olds nap with the buggy.

We have all your heat, 26c and blazing sunshine at the moment!

• Advertisement

smurfjed wrote: »

Where are you? JUst sent a lovely route to friends coming from the States soon.. From Galway city up to Westport, via Ma'am Cross.. would dearly love to be doing it myself!
    Here it is,

From Galway City take the N59 signed Clifden

Through Moycullen; look for the excellent Connemara Marble shop on the left, High quality wares..They gave me some unpolished bits I treasure.

Then Oughterard... The big church facing has Connemara Marble altar rails etc; a fine fine sight. Lovely village. Tress and the river,,

When you get to Ma;am Cross, (Saturdy a huge mart there ), RIGHT at the crossroads and an utterly lovely drive through the mountains.. Yearn....

At the junction. RIGHT for the Joyce country drive, that will take you within reach of Cong and Clonbur

LEFT wiil take you through to Leenane,, or you can take a diversion from Cong via Clonbur,, utter glory! One hard uphill z bend,,

Lovely drive to Leenane,,,

LEft there will take you to Letterfrack, Kylemore.. RIGHT to Westport,, lovely road if you turn LEFT to the waterfall and continue on that road. Atmospheric and poignant lakeside... Past Croagh Patrick ad the Natioanl Famine memorial and Murrisk Abbey

LOVE that road but cannot do that run now as too far in one day

But enjoy.. Most lovely part of the world,, well apart from where i am!

Kitchen, enforcing the 2 year olds nap with the buggy.

We have all your heat, 26c and blazing sunshine at the moment!

Interesting idea? lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Ffs now I have that dance version of the song in me head. Off to YouTube I go now to find it

Hail messiah!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Kitchen tableside,breakfast turned into brunch because the bio energy guy (yes I have finally flipped to the dark side) arrived early to work on the 3 year old. I'd never have thought anyone waving their hands over her would work, but she's been sleeping all night since we started. Could be coincidental but I'm not knocking it.. lol.

All my online shopping is arriving in different forms today too.. postman .. delivery guy and I've to collect in the post office too. It's like Christmas :D

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    No such luck down my way, mild but cloudy. No sign of this "heatwave" yet :rolleyes:

Beautiful here, gonna be a strong dose of sweatyarseitis if I go running later. No baselayer or hat needed.

Cracking day out there. But I'm stuck in here :(

Nippy out but strong sun..

Cat nearly gave me a heart attack.. Went out and there he was, flat out on the ground, looking DEAD.. OH NO!

Then he opened an eye and yawned,, all 2 stone of him, fur rippling in the wind

Sunbathing!

He has a way of scaring me. see photo. One rental I was at... could not leave the downstairs window open for the cats as there were strays.

Looked u one night when I was in bed and THERE HE WAS.. On the outside windowledge.

An from them on, they both did that. Bounced off the gatepost and literally ran up the wall...
    All the years I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

The Pavilions, Swords. Buying a new phone for me mammys birthday. 'Walking in the sunshine' by Bad Manners was blaring out of one of the clothes shops. It's a favourite of mine and I went in and feigned interest in some items until it played out. I'm lucky enough to have the kind of head that shop assistants give me a wide berth. Bizarrely, they followed the Bad Manners number up with Donna Summers hit 'I Feel Love'. I don't dislike that particular song, but I don't like it enough that I'd hang around the shop for a further five minutes to listen to.

Well, at least 'The sun aint gonna shine anymore' wasnt playing.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q6YWDm0GSU&list=RD0q6YWDm0GSU&index=1 )

A while ago I was in deepest rural Spain, not an extranejero to be seen in the village apart from perro viejo, the muzak playing in the local mini mart was <something or other obviously by> Ed Sheeran followed by Harry Belafonte singing 'Island in the sun' ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2DjyPoyCcE )

Deskside

Thank God!

I'm at home sitting in the kitchen waiting on the daddy for a chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Graces7 wrote: »
    Nippy out but strong sun..

Cat nearly gave me a heart attack.. Went out and there he was, flat out on the ground, looking DEAD.. OH NO!

Then he opened an eye and yawned,, all 2 stone of him, fur rippling in the wind

Sunbathing!

He has a way of scaring me. see photo. One rental I was at... could not leave the downstairs window open for the cats as there were strays.

Looked u one night when I was in bed and THERE HE WAS.. On the outside windowledge.

An from them on, they both did that. Bounced off the gatepost and literally ran up the wall...
    All the years I was there.

Is that Jacob in the photo ?

Deskside, thinking of giving my jaws a bit of exercise
    I see Jacob has a Boards account. ........ Spooky :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

Do what I do...Buy a bottle (or two) on the way home, leave in the fridge..
    Go running and dream of the cider, it will help you go quicker..
    Finish the run, shower, crack open the cider and pour over ice, relax and enjoy guilt free.
    Bliss..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement