Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am looking like a mexican with the amount of sun I got today.
    Feeling wrecked and once tea is eaten I will be plastered to the couch and hopefully getting plastered at the same time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,153 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Poolside under umbrella

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nandos Mahon point

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Nandos Mahon point

Cooee... that's me looking in the window at you!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Counting down the minutes until I pour my Jameson and Coke.
    Been in the garden all day so just coming in now to wash myself of the earth and soon it'll be pour time. Coke in fridge and ice tray in freezer..

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,248 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Walking past Costa, Wembley Central :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cooee... that's me looking in the window at you!

This is you is it? :pac:

depositphotos_60411453-stock-photo-girl-hiding-behind-the-bushes.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Westport is a beautiful little town with great ice cream, then followed the Wild Atlantic Way south bound along the coast, visited Croagh Patrick, Bertra Beach and some other great beaches, but the weather was wild, then went through the mountains to Galway, absolutely amazing scenery and some great little pubs.

When the sun is shining, this is such a beautiful country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

smurfjed wrote: »
    Westport is a beautiful little town with great ice cream, then followed the Wild Atlantic Way south bound along the coast, visited Croagh Patrick, Bertra Beach and some other great beaches, but the weather was wild, then went through the mountains to Galway, absolutely amazing scenery and some great little pubs.

That to me is one of the most beautiful drives in the country.

In my mum's house

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Couch.....just watched documentary about Leonard Cohen....totally happy here now and chilled after listening to fabulous music and songs....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Bed, really hoping the (legal!) Chemical intervention taken tonight will let me sleep through one night without waking up coughing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

smurfjed wrote:

You should have come to Sligo for a stop too while you were that close smurf. I don't think it's promoted enough at all what Sligo has to offer for tourists. I'm sure there's a lot of counties in Ireland though could voice the same complaint.

Westport is a lovely town alright and the people are so welcoming. I suppose the wild atlantic way does kind of give a broad promotion of this side of the country but not enough I don't think. Donegal is like a hidden gem scenery wise too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Just home after a few drinks,having a nightcap ,may have a few..pondering life..between a rock and a hard place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

In the cot dreaming of jet skis and motorbikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I mo leaba beside the leanbh. He got a lot of sun today so went to bed in shorts and kicked the blankets off. He's feeling a chill now and is snuggling up for a hug. He's so sweet. <3
    Poor hubby in the back room because it's too hot for three in the bed.

I too think Sligo is a bit of a hidden gem. Actually even the train journey from heuston to Sligo is a brilliant way to spend some time. It's a gorgeous trip.

Smurfjed I agree Ireland is fab when the sun shines but one of my favourite memories is of a pub on achill, we got caught in the rain on our way there. Like a pair of drowned rats. The landlady wanted to feed us, soup and toasties. It wasn't a restaurant but she insisted we would DIE of the cold if we didn't eat. It was lovely, we drank, ate, watched as waves hit the shore, then the road, then the window. The landlord dropped us back to our b&b. Ireland does dramatic very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Couchside watching a war film

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

In my secret science lab conducting evil and wicked ways to troll the world. My latest experiment is creating a weather device that causes PERPETUAL RAIN!!!!!

giphy.gif

Bedside

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Cotside, it's also bedside. :D last water flushes before the night feed, I have it down to 2 hours now.. so tomorrow we start a new timetable again.. Thank God for my whiteboard !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Couch side.

I've been out for dinner and had 2 drinks and my tummy feels really iffy. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭romaderwdcsax

Getting married two weeks today. Fairly relaxed at this point, should I be worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

In bed feeling hungover but was worth it.

About a year ago a hot guy randomly added me on FB. I accepted coz not often I get to friends with hot guys from Oman. Oh and he is hot.

Anyway about a week ago he messaged me asking was I in Bali coz he was coming over soon.

He arrived yesterday and messaged asking me where I was. Told him the bar I was watching the football in. After the match this hot guy sat near me at the bar and I looked at him and thought "he is hot....ow wait it's......"

Long story short we had a few drinks, went to a club where he knew a guy so we get vip treatment and don't have to pay in. Partying away and a Balinese girl comes over and is all over the hot guy from Oman coz she could see how hot he was. She drags him out dancing and is plying him with whiskey. I thought I had lost him.

He comes back over, grabs me, kisses me and says "she is not like you" before being dragged back onto the dance floor. He comes back a few minutes later and we leave.

He has just gone back to his hotel.

Oh in case I didn't mention it not only is he really sweet, gives amazing hugs and has other favorable attributes....he is really freaking HOT.

Swoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Still in Panama City - still don't see the attraction. Trying to replan the next 5 weeks as violent protests have broken out in Nicaragua, and I fly there on Tuesday.
    Thing is, I am tired. Today I am on the road 9 months 2 weeks ... non stop. I am tired of everything changing every. single. day. I think it may be time to call it quits and head home, 5 weeks early.
    AAHH decisions decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

smurfjed wrote: »

Glad you found all that. Ireland is lovely whatever the weather!

You should have come to Sligo for a stop too while you were that close smurf. I don't think it's promoted enough at all what Sligo has to offer for tourists. I'm sure there's a lot of counties in Ireland though could voice the same complaint.

Westport is a lovely town alright and the people are so welcoming. I suppose the wild atlantic way does kind of give a broad promotion of this side of the country but not enough I don't think. Donegal is like a hidden gem scenery wise too.

Galway /Connemara wins hands down over Donegal and I have lived in both for years each, Sligo is OK but noti n the same class .

It is the sheer size and scale of connemara. Just totally awesome ..soothes an d elates ....Just ....I miss it dreadfully. but the people can be hard..

Mayo is different and home in a different way and unscathed by whole scale tourism, Mile after mile of empty blanket and the dramatic,huge coastline .And friendly folk.. Less stressed.,

Bed,listening to a horrendous deluge... cold .. day 6 of spectacular headache. scuse typos thus..out of anything rhat helps

All fed here and cats and dog seeking sleep and comfort. Jacob just demanded in and is sodden but clean,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

supermouse wrote: »
    Still in Panama City - still don't see the attraction. Trying to replan the next 5 weeks as violent protests have broken out in Nicaragua, and I fly there on Tuesday.
    Thing is, I am tired. Today I am on the road 9 months 2 weeks ... non stop. I am tired of everything changing every. single. day. I think it may be time to call it quits and head home, 5 weeks early.
    AAHH decisions decisions.

I hear ya. Did similar last year in Asia, that's how I ended up living in KL. Only it took me 6 months to burn out!

It's hard work trying to figure out where next and spend so much time on booking.com

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,248 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Costa, 124b Baker Street.

.No kidding..........

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Beasty wrote:

You must have a gold member loyalty card.

You know how I know that??

Elementary, my dear Beasty.

I was there a couple of weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Beasty wrote:

You must have a gold member loyalty card.

You know how I know that??

Elementary, my dear Beasty.

I was there a couple of weeks ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement