Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Whispered wrote: »
    I mo leaba beside the leanbh. He got a lot of sun today so went to bed in shorts and kicked the blankets off. He's feeling a chill now and is snuggling up for a hug. He's so sweet. <3
    Poor hubby in the back room because it's too hot for three in the bed.

I too think Sligo is a bit of a hidden gem. Actually even the train journey from heuston to Sligo is a brilliant way to spend some time. It's a gorgeous trip.

Smurfjed I agree Ireland is fab when the sun shines but one of my favourite memories is of a pub on achill, we got caught in the rain on our way there. Like a pair of drowned rats. The landlady wanted to feed us, soup and toasties. It wasn't a restaurant but she insisted we would DIE of the cold if we didn't eat. It was lovely, we drank, ate, watched as waves hit the shore, then the road, then the window. The landlord dropped us back to our b&b. Ireland does dramatic very well.

It's better from Connolly though, although you do get to see some pretty spectacular Wild Life on the Luas Red Line if you do choose to start from Hueston.

;)

Being slightly bias I do have to give a massive hands up for Donegal though. Having visited West Cork once, I do have to say it was pretty spectacular as well.

As for my current location, I am watching the London Marathon from my sofa.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Imagining Witchie becoming part of a harem in Oman :)

I love road trips without a destination, we started off in Limerick for family reasons but then headed north, tried calling the glam ping site that took the 767 aircraft from Shannon, but they won’t open until 2019. If we had left earlier in the day I might have gone up to Sligo as the last time I visited was in a horse drawn gypsy wagon.
    I love Connemara, the rawness of the land intrigues me, but I would never see myself living there, and I’m amazed at someone like Grace7 who is out in the islands.
    Now off to see durty olde dublin town.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    It's better from Connolly though, although you do get to see some pretty spectacular Wild Life on the Luas Red Line if you do choose to start from Hueston.

Smart arse :p

I did it years ago, but I'm almost sure I left from heuston.

I'm currently sitting outside the gym waiting to pick up husband and boy after a swim. I'm eating a packet of crisps and eyeballing the fit people going in and out. Thanks to a hangover I'll take crisps over a toned physique today. The complaining about my weight while eating what I like anyway can begin again tomorrow. I'm at peace with it for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

smurfjed wrote: »
    Imagining Witchie becoming part of a harem in Oman :)

I love road trips without a destination, we started off in Limerick for family reasons but then headed north, tried calling the glam ping site that took the 767 aircraft from Shannon, but they won’t open until 2019. If we had left earlier in the day I might have gone up to Sligo as the last time I visited was in a horse drawn gypsy wagon.
    I love Connemara, the rawness of the land intrigues me, but I would never see myself living there, and I’m amazed at someone like Grace7 who is out in the islands.
    Now off to see durty olde dublin town.

Connemara is special and I would still maybe be there had there been any rentals I could afford. I tried for months. Unspoilt. Wild.. pure.

And the island thing with me is too strong to resist. I "explored" all along the west coast, by email, in person... most were too busy for me. Just is something I have always had, the island thing and getting too near the end of my life not to go for it
    Was only in Dublin once, the day I flew into Ireland, and no inclination to return there..

So.right now, where I am happiest; In my bed, in the dwelling, on a small island

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

One the couch with a coffee listening to 4fm and loving the tunes..I should have a massive hangover but nada,showered and feeling great..weird.

West Cork and up around Doolin in Clare are my spots to clear the cobwebs.Ireland really has spectacular scenery and it's all within easy reach,we're very lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Up since 7, laundry in the dryer, bedsheets changed, upstairs and downstairs hoovered, floors washed, bathrooms scrubbed, inside of the windows cleaned, door knobs disinfected, time to chill out before getting started on dinner, or we might go out for dinner today, who knows?!

West Cork and Connemara are lovely but there's something about Donegal that makes it stand out for me.

My dream is to have a little house in the middle of nowhere, somewhere wild just like Donegal but at the minute I'm in Dublin and I love this city. Loads of people give out about it but not me. It's more home to me than where I am from and also spend time in. I remember I was about 18 when I started to go up by myself. Heading in to Temple Bar to buy incense and strange hand bags and velvet skirts :) Great memories.

Sitting by the window now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Watching the London Marathon. Sun through the windows is marvellous. The fields are a rich green and the countryside is awe inspiring around here at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Up since 7, laundry in the dryer, bedsheets changed, upstairs and downstairs hoovered, floors washed, bathrooms scrubbed, inside of the windows cleaned, door knobs disinfected, time to chill out before getting started on dinner, or we might go out for dinner today, who knows?!

I need to go for a lie down after reading that! I thought I was doing well with second load in the washing machine while first one dries on the line!

I'm in the kitchen having brunch, pancakes and banana

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Roomside packing for a few days away in Wexford.

The west of Ireland is beautiful but I do love the south east. Some spectacular views down here aswell, copper coast drive, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Penneys .....take me now God...no warning...just take me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Autosport wrote: »
    Roomside packing for a few days away in Wexford.

The west of Ireland is beautiful but I do love the south east. Some spectacular views down here aswell, copper coast drive, etc

The whole south coast of Wexford is amazing and completely underrated I think, apart maybe from Hook Head that most people know about. I love Baginbun beach, Carrig on Bannow and around Lady's Island

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

gifted wrote: »
    Penneys .....take me now God...no warning...just take me now.

I'll be there in 5 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Autosport wrote: »
    I'll be there in 5 ;)

Lol lol

Sorted bathroom etc. wind is ferocious so gardening deferred until... when the wind stops .

Plenty to do here so working on, snug here. Retirement eases obstacles

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bed, having a lie in. Had to be up early yesterday for a funeral so I'm catching up on my relaxation time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Snowseer

Balcony-side. Enjoying the sunshine. In Ireland. In April!! :)

Just home for the weekend, and the weather is pulling a blinder for us! Also enjoying the chats and friendliness in shops, taxis, random encounters, that you really only get here. There's a lot to be said for our beautiful island and people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Watching the London Marathon runners in TV; some truly inspiring people who are battling, or have overcome, illness, bereavement, disability or tragedy and get out there to raise money or raise awareness or to prove to themselves that they can do it. Not a complaint, no self pity or grumbling from any of them. Makes me feel guilty for sitting here - think I'll go for a walk.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,248 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please Bear with me.....

..... Yes, it's Costa Paddington.

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    Please Bear with me.....

..... Yes, it's Costa Paddington.

Wondering if Beasty has a few shares in Costa :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Wondering if Beasty has a few shares in Costa :D

Or he is just confused and dying for a starbucks.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,248 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Or he is just confused and dying for a starbucks.

I ain't dying for nuffin'!

At least not yet anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Home alone, watching snooker and having my first cider of 2018, at a blistering pace naturally. Happier than a dog with two dicks. My own dog is quite content out in the garden licking his own. I got my first touch of sunburnt scalp yesterday, indicating that Shaun Ryder season has officially begun. Linden Village how I missed you. How sat kytkkkge, oh k I'vkkwe kk yoou! pk. See? F*ckin rocketfuel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Drinking wine straight from the bottle on the couch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Watching the Munster match in the folks house, dreading driving home afterwards, and regretting the fact that I can't have a beer!

Home alone, watching snooker and having my first cider of 2018, at a blistering pace naturally. Happier than a dog with two dicks. My own dog is quite content out in the garden licking his own. I got my first touch of sunburnt scalp yesterday, indicating that Shaun Ryder season has officially begun. Linden Village how I missed you. How sat kytkkkge, oh k I'vkkwe kk yoou! pk. See? F*ckin rocketfuel.

I remember many moons ago my best friend and me drinking Devils Bit cider when we were supposed to be in class. We drank it from the bottle just to be edgy. God love us. This wasn't a case of two 15 year olds, we were 19 and in the first year of a degree. But still. This freedom was so new to us. My friend is now the mother of three children, eldest almost 15.
    How did that happen!! How the feck can one go from 19 to 30 something in the blink of an eye.

I'm about to head out the door and look in the shops.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lying on my bed with the laptop.

I remember many moons ago my best friend and me drinking Devils Bit cider when we were supposed to be in class. We drank it from the bottle just to be edgy. God love us. This wasn't a case of two 15 year olds, we were 19 and in the first year of a degree. But still. This freedom was so new to us. My friend is now the mother of three children, eldest almost 15.
    How did that happen!! How the feck can one go from 19 to 30 something in the blink of an eye.

I'm about to head out the door and look in the shops.

Bring us back something nice :3

Lying on my bed with the laptop.

Bring us back something nice :3

What would you like Sephers? :D

• Advertisement

Mint Sauce wrote: »

;)

Being slightly bias I do have to give a massive hands up for Donegal though. Having visited West Cork once, I do have to say it was pretty spectacular as well.

As for my current location, I am watching the London Marathon from my sofa.

I have lived in Mayo, Leitrim, Donegal, West Cork, Kerry , Connemara and now back to Mayo..

The 2 places I really miss still are Mizen Head in West Cork and Killarney area. When i am doing my " tour guide by email" stuff, I send folk there, as well as many other places, but always there. I know though that living years in a place is very different from it being a holiday destination...

Right now, neatly ensconced in my wee dwelling on a rather lovely small island, thinking nightwards

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement