Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Just showered and lying on the bed watching the footy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Heading for the kitchen.

What would you like Sephers? :D

Surprise me ;):3

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Just in from a swim, watching the snooker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I remember many moons ago my best friend and me drinking Devils Bit cider when we were supposed to be in class. We drank it from the bottle just to be edgy. God love us. This wasn't a case of two 15 year olds, we were 19 and in the first year of a degree. But still. This freedom was so new to us. My friend is now the mother of three children, eldest almost 15.
    How did that happen!! How the feck can one go from 19 to 30 something in the blink of an eye.

I'm about to head out the door and look in the shops.
    I remember telling my mam I was going to the cinema and going to the park with 2 litres of devils bit with my friends. I was about 15

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

sitting on my bed taking a 30min break.
    been cleaning all afternoon. no kids here, just silence, and the smell of all my efforts:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

jaxxx wrote: »
    In my secret science lab conducting evil and wicked ways to troll the world. My latest experiment is creating a weather device that causes PERPETUAL RAIN!!!!!

giphy.gif

bring it on jaxxx you rebel, I love the rain:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Aah Jeez! Don't mention the rain...please.

Sitting waiting on the potatoes to be ready. Starving

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Another rain lover here.

I was just out in the garden, saw a small robin hopping around the bushes :3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

couchside, back home after my trip to Dublin, wrecked as I did so much socializing yesterday (that's what life is like with autism)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Ah that is what has arrived out here in West Mayo; hows about trying it somewhere else now.. please.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

On the way home from Fota Wildlife park. Lovely day out and two tired children as an added bonus.

Heading for the kitchen.

Surprise me ;):3

Only good boys get surprises Sephers. Are you a good boy? :p

I'm in TP Smiths. €6.50 for a pint of Blue Moon!!

Room side procrastinating.

Only good boys get surprises Sephers. Are you a good boy? :p

Of course I am

angel-with-halo-bowing-down-smiley-emoticon.gif

:pac:

I'm in TP Smiths. €6.50 for a pint of Blue Moon!!

:eek:

*faints*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Just get him a box of Barrys tea perse..😭

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Home now and cooking a meal for kings.

Colser wrote: »
    Just get him a box of Barrys tea perse..��

You know me too well :3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Devils Bit cider
    God love us.
    This wasn't two 15 year olds
    we were 19
    But still.
    My friend is now the mother of three eldest almost 15.
    How did that happen!!

Is that a trick question Perse :D
    Are you old enough to remember flagons of Boss cider from the hatch in the wall on Moore St? They were lax with ID, using a mixture of common sense and discretion instead. If you appeared well oiled, you'd be informed very diplomatically that they'd 'just sold the last two bottles two minutes ago, f*ck all left son'. However, if they decided you weren't up to divilment on the evening no problem. Maturity always trumped age. I was a regular patron of the hatch, two flagons of Boss between me and me two mates would get demolished in 20 mins in the lane at Conways for a bit of dutch courage before we'd strut into the weekly Ska night in Bensons(basement of the Parnell Mooney). Bensons, much like the hatch in the no name had a similar approach when it came to who they let through the doors, we were regular faces at the ripe old age of fifteen. Age was secondary to common sense and as a result it policed itself in effect. Their pragmatism also extended to the rolling and smoking of spliffs, so much so that if you weren't skanking on the floor and weren't rolling and/or smoking you'd get a few funny looks... I'm rambling now, a bit of nostalgia slapped me in the head and my mind is casting itself back to some of my cider adventures. Everyone worth their salt has at least one decent cider story, anyone who doesn't would make a lousy barstool neighbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

On the couch, bollixed, head is up me hole!
    Took me about 3 hours to type this post :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Incognito in Wexford :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

i said I'd do a favour for someone but all I want to do is hit the gin. Hopefully will be able to later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Autosport wrote: »
    Incognito in Wexford :D

Sounds dodgy

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Witchie wrote: »
    supermouse wrote: »
    Still in Panama City - still don't see the attraction. Trying to replan the next 5 weeks as violent protests have broken out in Nicaragua, and I fly there on Tuesday.
    Thing is, I am tired. Today I am on the road 9 months 2 weeks ... non stop. I am tired of everything changing every. single. day. I think it may be time to call it quits and head home, 5 weeks early.
    AAHH decisions decisions.

I hear ya. Did similar last year in Asia, that's how I ended up living in KL. Only it took me 6 months to burn out!

It's hard work trying to figure out where next and spend so much time on booking.com
    OH MY GOD SOMEONE WHO THINKS THE SAME AS ME!! It is so hard. Especially when you travel on your own, you have nobody to hand the reins over to. And its a constant battle between keep going incase of FOMO but also stopping incase of breakdown! 
    KL is awesome, glad you found somewhere to find home. And someone to tickle your fancy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

kfallon wrote: »
    Sounds dodgy

It is :D

Now in hotel room :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Listening to Kylie in work

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Lying awake worrying about things I can't do anything about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

OH MY GOD SOMEONE WHO THINKS THE SAME AS ME!! It is so hard. Especially when you travel on your own, you have nobody to hand the reins over to. And its a constant battle between keep going incase of FOMO but also stopping incase of breakdown! 
    KL is awesome, glad you found somewhere to find home. And someone to tickle your fancy ;)

You feel almost a constant pressure and guilt for not doing every thing recommended in the guide books or people's suggestions too. It's such a privilege to travel and there is so much to see and do but it is bloody exhausting.

Last year in Bali was great coz I made my sister and her friend organise our hotels etc and happily agreed to everything.

Have just extended my stay in Kuta, somewhere that drives me nuts, so that I don't have to figure stuff out. Hit Ubud Friday for a week.

Laziness but am here to relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Witchie wrote: »

You feel almost a constant pressure and guilt for not doing every thing recommended in the guide books or people's suggestions too. It's such a privilege to travel and there is so much to see and do but it is bloody exhausting.

Last year in Bali was great coz I made my sister and her friend organise our hotels etc and happily agreed to everything.

Have just extended my stay in Kuta, somewhere that drives me nuts, so that I don't have to figure stuff out. Hit Ubud Friday for a week.

Laziness but am here to relax.
    YOU DO! I have also stopped talking to people - I flipping hate the same chat, every time. Where are you from/where did you come from/ where are you going next .. it kills me.
    I am actually 20mins away from leaving for the airport ... but a MASSIVE part of me wants to turn back to Colombia and skip Guatemala this time. I can do it another time. I literally do not know if I have the go for it. 
    Enjoy the chill time - everybody deserves chill time, even travellers. We don't go-go-go in our daily lives, we shouldn't pressure ourselves to do it while we travel either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Couchside having breakfast. Back to day 1 of work again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Browsing through the phone on the couch waiting to go to work ,not sure if the teen is genuinely sick or pulling a duvet day .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Kitchen, having had breakfast, and discussing a route for a nice walk this morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement