Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Half the lawn mowed before getting back to the snooker. Might be an early night though the way it's being played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

In for a break from the sun - I know, it's only May and we shouldn't complain but there's only so much sun I can take in a day. :)

Lawns cut, weeding done....tomorrow's another day as there's always something to do when you've a garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

SAD is Seasonal Affective Disorder :) People who are inflicted with it tend to experience it during the winter. The long dark nights and early mornings can bring it on. For me my mood drops in the summer. I can be light sensitive as well so understand where you're coming from there.

I'm in work. A short day.

SAD and I are .... well out it this way that from August on I go down and down. I
    have M.E and this is a bonus.o dread the winter for that reason.. Just now hay fever has me low so I just enjoy what I can and leave the rest aside, and control what I can

So now am in a curtained room wit a light on..In full daylight

NB the thing I did not undertand was?? MILK BOTTLES???? l

Graces7 wrote: »
    SAD and I are .... well out it this way that from August on I go down and down. I
    have M.E and this is a bonus.o dread the winter for that reason.. Just now hay fever has me low so I just enjoy what I can and leave the rest aside, and control what I can

So now am in a curtained room wit a light on..In full daylight

NB the thing I did not undertand was?? MILK BOTTLES???? l

Legs! I'm very pale :D

Legs! I'm very pale :D

roflol! I wear long so would never have thought of that !.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Watching the snooker final,Mark Williams and John Higgins... Who'd have thought? Brilliant stuff, I'm on the fence but right now I'd like to see Higgins pull a few frames back.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Kitchenside grabbing a ice cream to head back out in the sun.

Grace and Perse I'm the complete opposite of you both. I love the sun and hate when I'm in work looking out at it. I think that's why I stay out in it :D

Autosport wrote: »

Grace and Perse I'm the complete opposite of you both. I love the sun and hate when I'm in work looking out at it. I think that's why I stay out in it :D

i love it too but my body disagrees with me! Like loving some food but it making you ill? . Early morning freshenss and light are best
    Throw me some ice cream over please? lol

Super split or cornetto?

Gardenside

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Another heliophobe / thermophobe here!

Not that I love the cold either, though at least when it's cold you can keep adding layers, there's not a lot you can do when you're too hot.

But a nice mild low teen celsius day is ideal for me. Not too much to ask is it? It's why I'd probably never leave Ireland. Extremes like this weekend are rare enough to cope with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

There's no sun here today :( Enjoy!! :D

Super split or cornetto?

Gardenside

I know cornetto but not the other..doing the grocery order list and wonering if i dare add ice cream as the timelag is not too bad .Will try with something not costly ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Im a late September baby and it’s my fav time of year. Leaves falling, evenings getting dark earlier, it’s cozy, open fire blazing, tv on, fluffy pjs. This year I’m turning dirty thirty so I’ll be spending end of sept/October in Mexico. Hoping the heat will have calmed down by then but our suite has a swim up outside with a cocktail bar In the middle of the pool, and it’s an all inclusive trip so I’ve a feeling well keep ourselves well hydrated

I’m back inside now

Im a late September baby and it’s my fav time of year. Leaves falling, evenings getting dark earlier, it’s cozy, open fire blazing, tv on, fluffy pjs. This year I’m turning dirty thirty so I’ll be spending end of sept/October in Mexico. Hoping the heat will have calmed down by then but our suite has a swim up outside with a cocktail bar In the middle of the pool, and it’s an all inclusive trip so I’ve a feeling well keep ourselves well hydrated

I’m back inside now

That sounds fab Shoesday. You're dead right to celebrate the 30th. The auld years don't be long coming in. I should really take a holiday myself. I'd like to go back to the US. Maybe my favourite lady would accompany me in the future. She'll be reading this now and thinking to herself "you can't even manage to renew your passport"! :D

I'm in the pub.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Lying in bed for my last night of normality in Hong Kong. Said goodbye to my brother. Last time I saw him was over 5 years ago. Hope he gets to come home this August for my other brother's wedding!

Off to Oceanpark tomorrow and then Disney. Worldwind of a trip. Loads of travelling. Blistered feet. Worth every bit of it

Finishing this knitting work and yarn lined up for the next. Such a varied life this is . The knitting I mean, as I sit and ponder the years .

This was a work I did half a dozen times, for special orders. Some were to be family heirlooms, carefully wrapped and stored for the next baby. One went to dress an antique doll in a museum.. fine fine yarn lace, and lots of satin picot ribbon as a trimming. fine needles... and they fetched a good price so their babies fed the babies my family rescue from rubbish heaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Another person who hates the heat here! Where I am in Reading it's gotten up to 27 degrees twice since I've moved here. I'm preparing myself for a summer hidden away :p I did get a fan though and some new summer clothes. Since I'm turning 30 in July and I have a limited life expectancy I've been trying to accept my body as it is, which is hard, I haven't worn a t-shirt in public since the age of 12! I am trying my best though because I am what I am and I don't want to look back on a life wasted hidden away. I lose too much salt through my skin so the heat makes this worse and I get very tired and also dehydrated which makes my lungs worse, as does the humidity.

I spent the morning knitting and getting annoyed with myself because I don't know what I'm doing. Then spent the afternoon reading but managed to fall asleep. Woke up feeling like I'd been drinking and feeling all disorientated. In a bad mood now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Just home after an afternoon of snuggles from my friends 4 day old baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

Sitting in the back garden with a beer watching my soon to be husband getting his gardening on.

Now couchside, sun has gone in and so have I :D

• Advertisement

Cleopatra_ wrote: »

I spent the morning knitting and getting annoyed with myself because I don't know what I'm doing. Then spent the afternoon reading but managed to fall asleep. Woke up feeling like I'd been drinking and feeling all disorientated. In a bad mood now :p

Knit me a scarf and glovesies! :D

I'm in the leaba with my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Sitting on the couch, resting my shoulders after work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Knit me a scarf and glovesies! :D

I'm in the leaba with my book.

Must be the weather for knitting. Mrs S is sitting here click clacking on a jerkin. A scarf would be done in double jig time but I doubt you could afford her rates.

I'm watching rubbish on TV in a room still too warm from the sunshine on it all day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

In work listening to The Social Network soundtrack

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Lying on the bed talking to me mammy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Just in from first Sea Swim Session of the Season, hurting all over. Just switched on snooker, and they are still playing. Thought it was pretty much over earlier.

In work listening to The Social Network soundtrack

Grem you seem to be in work a lot. I hope you have fun too ;)

Now watching who wants to be a millionaire

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Another person who hates the heat here! Where I am in Reading it's gotten up to 27 degrees twice since I've moved here. I'm preparing myself for a summer hidden away :p I did get a fan though and some new summer clothes. Since I'm turning 30 in July and I have a limited life expectancy I've been trying to accept my body as it is, which is hard, I haven't worn a t-shirt in public since the age of 12! I am trying my best though because I am what I am and I don't want to look back on a life wasted hidden away. I lose too much salt through my skin so the heat makes this worse and I get very tired and also dehydrated which makes my lungs worse, as does the humidity.

Does aircon help ?

Shouldnt take much more than the smallest of split systems

Even the big aircon names ( Daiken, Toshiba, Mitsubishi Electric etc ) are quite inexpensive for small unit.

( Some of the Chinese no name / budget units are fierce cheap )
    Kitchensinkside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Crying after being upset by a friend. Don't know if it's warranted or amplified by PMS.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's just because i do nights it seems like i do more, relaxing this month, mostly 36 hour weeks!

Eff them Northgirl, it'll pale into insignificance tomorrow with any luck

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement