Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Now bedside off to dreamland :D

Night all

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,150 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

University Library

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

In my taxi going to the dentist hoping it's the last trip for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Bedside. Literally. Little man has just woken up and kinda demanded I take off the cpap .. woken me up from a kind of nightmare where I was stuck in traffic in my hometown because someone put a bomb on the main street that had bullets in it. The bomb went off and 1 person got shot. I'm just left with the feeling of frustration of being stuck in traffic.. ffs.:D how funny, when it was poltergiest I watched watching before bed and that's the best I could come up with.. a traffic jam. (i can't feel sorry for a randomer who does not exist .. if it was real I would :D)
    6 year old has just come in .. dressed in his uniform (should be tracksuit today) wanting to go on the trampoline.. it's 6:15.. this boy is usually putting shoes on in the car.. Lol I haven't the heart to say put the tracksuit on.. but he's been sent back to bed. (he's now singing THAT song from Moana in the bathroom..)
    Yay
    It's Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Good morning all. Happy Friday :)

In bed here. Not getting up yet though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Snowseer

On way to work. Doing the Friday dance. ~o~

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Deskside. For the last time for a while. Nervous. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Day off house to myself going to have a chill out day

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Bedside still, no alarm pure bliss :D

All happy as I'm off to see Ed tonight :D

Happy Friday Beauties :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Listening to red fm because I'm homesick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Reading different forums and social media sites and all I’m getting from it is

You can say what you like about anything just don’t have an opinion on it.

In work worrying about money. Oh to fly away from it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Just trying to summon the energy to go to bed. Can you be too tired to go to bed?

Yep. My mother used to sit by the fire, saying over and again, " I wish I was in bed!" Just too much effort altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,608 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

If you fly towards it, it might help solve your problems! :)

Going to Galway. Hope traffic is reasonably Ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Same as.. I'm waiting on a refund from a tradesman for a job he couldn't do and its taking weeks. Supposedly it was transferred on Wednesday, but no sign yet and I could really do with it until I get paid at the end of the month :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Well... we had the best two days of summer.. Cold and cloudy today as J flies home to the US.

I have done far, far too much and am , as they say,paying the price , and no meds to deal with it,

But totally impenitent! J left with stars in her eyes.

And the gorse glory... OH MY!

We went beyond Westport to Murrisk, and the road where it runs by the sheltered ocean is lined with great banks of golden gorse, dazzling in the sun. Just total beauty.

Croagh Patrick basked in the sun; you could see the chapel at the top so clearly. We explored the Visitor Centre and the beautiful shrine.. chatted with folk who were about to tackle the climb..

Then down to Murrisk Abbey on the shore,, where we met a group of older folk from the US... they tend to travel in May for price and peace, and they were asking about the abbey... never seen anyone move as fast as when I said they were walking on graves.. ;)

It was here I realised that J loves wandering round old graveyards as much as i do. Before she has always had family with her so we have had to restrain ourselves,

The terrible National Famine Memoriam in its stark uncompromising brutal reminder

Then? Long full day.. back to Newport and beyond..Burrishoole Abbey, where we found the Angel Corner.. dedicated to all the children buried there. Something many cemeteries are doing now...
    And later, at Killeens cemetery, the most poignant grave I have ever seen. Two tiny footprints with the words, "You have left your footprints on our hearts,"

And Grainne's Castle... and a stop for hot soup at a pub... and even a few minutes at the beach, where I managed to paddle ..

Then J was away...

Worth the pain now.. I can hibernate a few days...

I had half dreaded the visit because I was worried I would not manage it so am deeply deeply thankful.

When I was first in Ireland it was this area of Mayo and so blessed to be back here

While I was waiting for the ferry, a few folk came down as we have a Wild Atlantic drive marker> So I got talking to them and they will be coming over! The ferryman is well pleased with me!

Having a late breakfast beans on toast with loads of tea

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Enjoying a lunchtime pint by the sea in North West England :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Outpatients waiting for my app then shopping and a few drinks..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Sitting in the garden with a good detective novel and a glass of ginger ale.

• Advertisement

Coming out of the shop with a mega 99 with 2 flakes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Graces7 wrote: »

Then down to Murrisk Abbey on the shore,, where we met a group of older folk from the US... they tend to travel in May for price and peace, and they were asking about the abbey... never seen anyone move as fast as when I said they were walking on graves.. ;)

It was here I realised that J loves wandering round old graveyards as much as i do. Before she has always had family with her so we have had to restrain ourselves,

The terrible National Famine Memoriam in its stark uncompromising brutal reminder

Many years ago now I set out one day to climb Croagh Patrick ( no visitor centre back then ). When I got to Murrisk there was heavy flying mist and so Croagh Patrick was 'off'. With time on my hands I went exploring and came across the very same graveyard. Surprised to find headstones for some RAF from WWII. Sometime later I read that Clew Bay had been an unofficial RAF flying boat base & there had been a flying accident in the bay.

Did you go to Achill ?

Is the beach at Kiladoon still beautiful ? - the last time I was there was the long long dry summer ( think it was 1976 ).

Michael Viney lived at Kiladoon and wrote many vivid pieces about it. They appeared in the Saturday Irish Times during the '70s ( and maybe on into the '80s ) . If you are interested, most public libraries have online access to the Irish Times archive.

( note : I clearly remember all of the above however some of it may not have happened )

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside, with a sleepy head on me, just woke up from a nap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Taking a break before dinner. Catching up on Boards, emails, and post.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Paw patrol paw patrol whenever you're in trouble........ kill me now. That sooooong.

Hiding from the last of today's sun with an overheated and cranky toddler.

Getting ready to go out for dinner no cooking for a change happy day's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Sitting in the garden in the sunshine having a G&T.
    It's not that warm,but it's been a hard week so dammit I'm sitting out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Poochie05 wrote: »

Think I'll do the same. Received a nice bottle of Gin as a gift this week and you've put the going on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

About to go to a graduation dinner.. beer time

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside watching classic simpsons.
    Poochie05 wrote: »

I take it the cat is lounging with you :pac:?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement