Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

Graces7 wrote: »
    In bed, trying to get atop of these terrifying coughing fits so I can sleep. Kicking myself as this is the first time I have caught anything in a decade, so careful am I with a damaged immune system.

What made me think that because J was a friend her cough would not love me! Family have been telling me for years to wear a mask when out but oh no! i knew better..

"Tis not the cough that carries you off... tis the coffin they carry you off in..."l

On which... cheeerful..... note will close down..If yo hear a strange barking coming from whatever direction Mayo is in from you? Only me! Out of codeine which does suppress coughs ...

Is there a doctor on the Island Grace who would make a house visit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sitting in a sun drenched garden

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Waiting for supermacs to deliver the family meal pizza and chips........and I thinking that if I look out the kitchen window enough times the delivery driver will magically appear lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Home from a nice meal in the pub.
    Roasting here. A gin and tonic with a rake of ice is called for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Snowseer

Colser wrote: »
    Sitting on the couch feeling anxious,I've just put a jacket that's meant to be dry clean only into a 20 min wash in the machine...if it gets destroyed you will all hear me screaming.😂

I do that all the time.

First wash - dry cleaners. Second wash - hand wash. Third wash - delicate setting in washing machine. Fourth wash - meh, throw it in with everything else.

Anyhow - landed! Walked off without my luggage and had to sneak back in to get it. Next stop - fave person town.

Hugs to Graces. Hope you feel better soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Getting ready to leave to go and vote, will be snooping later on tonight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Whispered wrote: »
    Graces did your shopping come? Did you order anything for a cough?
    Maybe a doctor visit would be an idea?

Shopping came.... there is at present an ongoing "situation" re accessing medical care which is in the hands of highups. so unless I can get to a pharmacy etc. nothing I can do. "cept grumble!!!!!MUST STOP GRUMBLING! Just is a situation related to a small and thinly populated island. I think they need to look at how eg the Australians manage!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Voted already, nobody there @ 17:30.

Couchside watching darts now, let me know if I need to change the station when you are snooping later Auto.

gifted wrote: »
    Waiting for supermacs to deliver the family meal pizza and chips........and I thinking that if I look out the kitchen window enough times the delivery driver will magically appear lol lol

I was doing that all afternoon re the minibus that brings the groceries! Just ONE more look!

Shopping came.... there is at present an ongoing "situation" re accessing medical care which is in the hands of highups. so unless I can get to a pharmacy etc. nothing I can do. "cept grumble!!!!!MUST STOP GRUMBLING! Just is a situation related to a small and thinly populated island. I think they need to look at how eg the Australians manage!

Australia has Flying Doctors, don't think that is feasible in Western Ireland though..

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Australia has Flying Doctors, don't think that is feasible in Western Ireland though..

We could use eg video links ; I meant the means of initial contact with a dr not the actual plane bit! sorry; was not clear on that.

Many of the isles have very little medical care, especially in winter. eg no resident dr ..Most do have a resident nurse. We have neither and a very erratic crossing. ie often cut off.

Could easily use video/camera/visual phone consultations. like skype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

At home. Got my referal to the consultant rooms, super fast! Feel so lucky because a friend has been waiting over a year for an appointment with same doctor on public. Hopefully now there’ll be some relief.

We could use eg video links ; I meant the means of initial contact with a dr not the actual plane bit! sorry; was not clear on that.

Many of the isles have very little medical care, especially in winter. eg no resident dr ..Most do have a resident nurse. We have neither and a very erratic crossing. ie often cut off.

Could easily use video/camera/visual phone consultations. like skype.

True, Laya health insurance have an online doctor facility for members.

So it should be possible for the general GP's as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

That just jogged a memory of a tv show about flying doctors my Nan watched when I was a child. Or maybe I’m imagining it? :eek:

I’m heading to the kitchen to put the kettle on (and maybe google flying doctors) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Crazy day in the bog feel like a large glass of wine and an early night same again tomorrow

That just jogged a memory of a tv show about flying doctors my Nan watched when I was a child. Or maybe I’m imagining it? :eek:

I’m heading to the kitchen to put the kettle on (and maybe google flying doctors) :D

You are right, there was a TV show back in the 80's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

You are right, there was a TV show back in the 80's.

Glad I wasn’t imagining it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Glad I wasn’t imagining it :D

Remember that well. Makes me feel VERY old!!

If you want to wander down memory lane even more.

True, Laya health insurance have an online doctor facility for members.

So it should be possible for the general GP's as well.

Indeed it should especially as they are running short of drs in rural areas.

They were or are trying this in the North Sea islands I lived in.

Here it means 8 hrs away from home and bed to see a dr. IF the weather allows the crossing.

If you are too ill for that?

NB we may not have flying drs but we do have a heli pad for the Air ambulance chopper.

• Advertisement

Memories of that AND Flying Doctors... Bliss !!

Indeed it should especially as they are running short of drs in rural areas.

They were or are trying this in the North Sea islands I lived in.

Here it means 8 hrs away from home and bed to see a dr. IF the weather allows the crossing.

If you are too ill for that?

NB we may not have flying drs but we do have a heli pad for the Air ambulance chopper.

The problem is the Gov is very reactionary in its actions, very little forward planning. The one concern would be the broadband coverage in rural areas.

Back home in parents house, the speed is on par with dial-up. (on a good day)

I loved The Flying Doctors and I love the bog! :D

Bedside now getting ready to watch my stories.

Memories of that AND Flying Doctors... Bliss !!

I was only a nipper when them two shows were on & still remember them. Opening credits brings me back to the old wooden trim CRT telly in the kitchen, It was old at the time too.

I was only a nipper when them two shows were on & still remember them. Opening credits brings me back to the old wooden trim CRT telly in the kitchen, It was old at the time too.

I was a full adult! In my prime...
    "Oh yes, I remember it well.."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

That brings back memories and mixed emotions. One of our children was very ill back in 82/83 and confined to bed. She used to watch A Country Practice and it was one of the few programmes that, for some reason, lifted her spirits. We had a Robin that would come in to the house for food and my daughter named it Esme after the character Esme Watson.

Now inside with a second G&T with lots of ice, in a tall glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,775 ✭✭✭buried

Out the back. Fire blazing. Chooons blaring. Gin Drinking. Moon/Fire watching

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Oh yes. My Mam used to love those programmes! I remember them well!

That brings back memories and mixed emotions. One of our children was very ill back in 82/83 and confined to bed. She used to watch A Country Practice and it was one of the few programmes that, for some reason, lifted her spirits. We had a Robin that would come in to the house for food and my daughter named it Esme after the character Esme Watson.

Now inside with a second G&T with lots of ice, in a tall glass.

It's strange how television shows can come to mean something because of the memories attached. A Country Practice and Flying Doctors were of two of my mam's favourites. I watched them with her and like yourself Grace Blue Telecommunications am reminded of a different time. Feel all achy inside. My poor mammy.

• Advertisement

I hope all the memories I have dragged up by bring you down Nostalgia Lane are all good ones Persey.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement