Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Salted?

Of course!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Of course!

*grabs a handful*

I'm currently Running out of poochies house with a handful of popcorn :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Graces7 wrote: »
    For all babies aborted here in Ireland.

Savita did not die re abortion.

The thousands of unnamed tinies did and do
    Unless you’ve been faced with an unplanned pregnancy or FFA you have no right to judge another woman for a choice she decides is best for her. A woman’s body is not an incubator and it’s nothing short of slut shaming to force a woman to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term if her circumstances are unwilling/unable to allow it. I’d be saving my fragrant memory garden for women encaptured by the Catholic Church and kept in slave like conditions in Magdalene laundries where they were abused mentally and physically, and raped and treated like they didn’t matter, for the women who gave babies life for the children to die from neglect/murder and be buried in mass graves and slurry pits, for the women mourning their babies being snatched from them to be sold to wealthy Americans never to be seen again. For the thousands of people who desperately search each and every day to find out who they really are, who fight for access to their birth certs and basic family history, for women like Philomena Lee who fought so hard to find her son only for her to be too late and miss her chance because she was manipulated and lied to while he was still alive. For all the victims of Sean Ross Abbey and every other institute like it. I’d also like the babies abused neglected and murdered to be included in the memorial gardens, because thanks to the work of the Catholic Church, they weren’t even buried in a grave. While we’re at it, the thousands of victims who at their most vulnerable found themselves raped and sexually abused by men of the cloth. I’d also like to remember the women who have been shamed and made feel less than worthy by the Catholic Church for using their body for anything other than procreation. Did you know a mere 50 years ago women weren’t welcome at their own children’s christening because they were seen as dirty after giving birth?
    Let’s also include every woman that’s found herself pregnant after a rape, an incestous relationship, an abusive controlling relationship or in a situation that must be so terrible and so grim that she can’t even imagine the thoughts of bringing a new life into an already turbulent environment. For the families of Ms P, whose family had to go to court so they could turn off her life support and let her pass away with dignity instead of leaving her lie there brain dead while a 15 week foetus used its clinically dead mother as an incubator, the families of Ms X, the family of Savita, and every other woman who’s found themselves trying to induce a DIY abortion, contemplating suicide, or faced with the realization the child that’s inside her will die and there’s not one damn thing she can do except wait for it’s little heart to give up and be faced with giving birth to a dead or dying baby. Not to forget every woman who’s been left traumatized from an aggressive delivery, when it put her at risk, women who’ve been mutulated through episiotomies and not stitched up correctly or looked after correctly, women who haven’t given consent to internal sweeps and women who’ve had to beg for elective sections because they are so scared of giving birth again after their horrific experience of giving birth in a country where women’s health comes second best.
    Let’s show just as much respect and mercy to living breathing life.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Getting dolled up for a night on the tiles :D

I'm going to the bingo with my father :D

Wild I am :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Going for a slow walk around the garden and, hang it, I'm having a cigarette.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Agreed. I understand and respect that there will be a lot of people who are disappointed - upset - angry this evening, but I think it's a topic best left for the dedicated threads on the subject.

Thank you, I am running a fever and failed to see that trap opening up there. Came back from near sleep to try to delete it all...Not angry or disappppointed here; just throwing up etc and on my own.. as far.. opps. here we go again.. lonly tyhroiwng up alone...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,566 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

For all babies aborted here in Ireland.

Savita did not die re abortion.

The thousands of unnamed tinies did and do
    I am sorry, I am running a fever and did not see the trap that was being set for me. yet again, else would have ignored .I am not upset or disappointed as i have no need to be except that that petty attack was made . Please excuse me now? I am about to throw up again... a lonely thing throwing up on your own, :eek noone to help.
    Thank you, I am running a fever and failed to see that trap opening up there. Came back from near sleep to try to delete it all...Not angry or disappppointed here; just throwing up etc and on my own.. as far.. opps. here we go again.. lonly tyhroiwng up alone...

Mod: Graces7, stop talking about the referendum result. You know where the thread for that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Why did you feel the need to kick this hornets nest into the thread?

You mentioned the CL not me :)
    As for the other thing...I was late to that party and all

'Hon Madrid !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

You mentioned the CL not me :)
    As for the other thing...I was late to that party and all

'Hon Madrid !!!

I think you have just found your hattrick of TA's

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Couldn't sleep all day so am deskside wrecked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Having a chinese and a glass of wine waiting for the thunderstorm to hit

I just need to post about something which I felt was unfair. Graces7 made a post about a rememberence garden. Another poster responded with a provocative comment. This thread absolutely is not for the debate of the 8th but fineso.mom could have also copped on to that.
    That's all I want to say.

Couchside.

Had a long hot shower and just lounging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Going for a slow walk around the garden and, hang it, I'm having a cigarette.

That reminded me, I’ve a pack of smokes upstairs.

Now having a smoke out the back.

amcalester wrote: »
    That reminded me, I’ve a pack of smokes upstairs.

Now having a smoke out the back.

Sorry. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

I just need to post about something which I felt was unfair. Graces7 made a post about a rememberence garden. Another poster responded with a provocative comment. This thread absolutely is not for the debate of the 8th but fineso.mom could have also copped on to that.
    That's all I want to say.

Couchside.

You're right. I shouldn't have posted that here. Sorry everyone for derailing.
    ps. I'm sitting out the back listening to the birds and tractors in the distance cutting silage. It's a most beautiful evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I am NOT making a voodoo doll of Karius.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I am NOT making a voodoo doll of Karius.

Or me either? :)

Trying to watch a wrinkle in time ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Couch, on the booze. Again.
    My liver is asking wtf this weekend, but it was a tough week, and will be again next week, so alcohol soak this weekend is needed!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside disappointed with tonight's result.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

In the kitchen, usually I'd lob on a few tunes but too gutted. :(

Feel awful sad for the Liverpool Keeper tonight. He threw in two goals to cost us the game but despite all the money he earns and stuff he must feel so bloody sad, poor guy.

Oh well. I spent the last two weeks thinking we'd lose anyway. But then around 5pm today I started thinking what if we won?
    As a wise person once said "it's the hope that kills you". As an equally wise person once said "without hope there is nothing".

No wonder I have a head ache

In fairness I should have known it wasn't my day when we packed a picnic and went to Curracloe beach and arrived to mental winds and had to leg it to a sand dune. So I went off to get ice creams and got hopelessly lost on the way back.
    Bloody sand dunes all look alike.
    So after 15 minutes of looking into every little sand dune I could find (2 teenagers humping in one of them I walked in to) and 3 ice creams dripping down my hands I rang my missus and said "I'm fookin lost".
    To which she replied "I know, you ran past us ten minutes ago".
    Cue an argument about why she didnt ring me to tell me or shout after me.

Getting charged 12 quid for a punnet of wexford strawberries on the way home (in Carlow!!) didnt help either.

My mother always told me that you learn more in defeat than victory.

So today I learned that without hope there is nothing but its the hope that kills you, sand dunes all look identical, you can't win an argument with a woman, Liverpool's keeper aint the best god love him, melted ice cream stains your shoes, and you'd wanna be a millionaire to buy strawberries in Carlow regularly.

If you learn more in defeat than victory, I'd just like to learn a little less for the craic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Just catching up on the thread now.

Vic to Charlie Charlie. Come in Charlie. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Time for a hot bath after a long day in the bog then it's time to chill out with a pizza and a cold glass of wine

Just catching up on the thread now.

Vic to Charlie Charlie. Come in Charlie. :)

Receiving, India Lima Tango Bravo Oscar Yankee. Loud and clear.

Thread is all yours.

Standing down.

Over and Out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just home now. Fun day with the little man as always. Have to stop spoiling him :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Going to bed setting my alarm for early tomorrow morning, think I’ll go to mass to hear a bit of ranting and raving

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Just home from the bingo and won nothing :( I'm now been treated to a bag of chips :D

I enjoy these father-daughter times :)

That´s lovely Auto :)

I´m on the couch contemplating another bottle of beer. The wild nights of Persepoly :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,150 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Library

• Advertisement

Bed... thermostat is showing 20.5°. Won't even have a sheet on the bed in 15 mins I'd say

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement