Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

In the doghouse with most of my family. Can never win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Watching the Hunger Games while the missus plaits my hair. This may be the gayest thing ever :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Watching the Hunger Games while the missus plaits my hair. This may be the gayest thing ever :p

Start singing showtunes and I'll agree with you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Cleopatra_ wrote: »

Plaiting your hair like Jennifer Lawerence? ;)

Northgirl you will never be in the doghouse with us ( the other family) *hugs*

And Shur while I’m at it DO A gifted Drops the hand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

northgirl wrote: »

Aw :( Don't let em get to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

northgirl wrote:

Not with your boardsie family though!

Cleopatra comin atcha! Cleopatra comin atchuuu!

Click
    Click
    Click

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Aw :( Don't let em get to you.

It's not the reason I'm moving but I think some space will be great. Thanks ;)

It's not the reason I'm moving but I think some space will be great. Thanks ;)

Yep.. my family (well me, mam and my sis) were always better at a distance - mam is gone now almost 3 years, but me and my sister are a bit closer since :)

The grandparents on mam's side though... haven't heard from them since the funeral. No loss tbh.. mam (ever practical) had agreed with them that they would cover the costs, but they hadn't even the decency to tell us the arrangements. Friend of my sister spotted it on rip.ie.

Could go on ... but a bit of space isn't always a bad thing

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Yep.. my family (well me, mam and my sis) were always better at a distance - mam is gone now almost 3 years, but me and my sister are a bit closer since :)

The grandparents on mam's side though... haven't heard from them since the funeral. No loss tbh.. mam (ever practical) had agreed with them that they would cover the costs, but they hadn't even the decency to tell us the arrangements. Friend of my sister spotted it on rip.ie.

Could go on ... but a bit of space isn't always a bad thing

Sorry to hear that.. These families can be so complicated. Feel like the scapegoat for mine. Had enough now tbh.

Grateful to know and have the family I've created for myself with friends and fellow boardsies :)

Sorry to hear that.. These families can be so complicated. Feel like the scapegoat for mine. Had enough now tbh.

Grateful to know and have the family I've created for myself with friends and fellow boardsies :)

Yep, always here for a chat, bad jokes and random ramblings.

Like take me.. instead of pudding I went for ice cream but this Aldi Ben and Jerry's wannabe I decided to try is no substitute! :(:p

Still, this match is a lost cause so gonna watch this week's Billions instead!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Just in from a sea swim. The high tempertures, are not yet warming the water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Just in from a sea swim. The high tempertures, are not yet warming the water.

Isn't it usually autumn until sea temperatures are warmer, in relative terms, to air temperatures?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

No point even trying to win, keep your pecker up tho :)

Autosport wrote: »

wait.....what? Dropping the hand? Oh lord :eek:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Costa, M1 Services, Donnington

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

That hand came my direction.

Either that or Casper is a really friendly ghost.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Couch.
    Isn't it usually autumn until sea temperatures are warmer, in relative terms, to air temperatures?

Think it was around August last year. The first Jelly Fish sighting is usally a good indication, also the time to consider Lake swiming instead. Hate the feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭4Ad

Outside having a cider, lovely out..
    And it pissing down in Paris..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Couch.

Think it was around August last year. The first Jelly Fish sighting is usally a good indication, also the time to consider Lake swiming instead. Hate the feckers.

Massive fat wasp in my house today,didn't expect to see one until August..hate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Memories of late night swimming off the east coast in late September/early October. Surprised at how warm the water was. Also was lucky enough to experience what I'm nearly sure was phosphorescent plankton. Like little sparks in the water around us. Absolutely magical.

Lying in bed with the windows and curtains open. It's still so bright out and the local sheep are having a party of some sort. Shouting and bellowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Watching the sun go down on another lovely dayIMAG3316_zpsayjpbiyb.jpg

• Advertisement

Me today

Couchside :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

Not with your boardsie family though!

Cleopatra comin atcha! Cleopatra comin atchuuu!

Click
    Click
    Click

Do a song about me!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

On the couch having a very serious conversation with myself.."No Colser,your clothes haven't shrunk and your tumble dryer isn't faulty,wine isn't part of your 5 a day,water would quench your thirst better than Budweiser,it isn't Tescos fault that you can't resist the 3 big bars of Whole Nut for 3e,taking a healthy lunch to work and bringing it home because you like the sausage rolls in the canteen defeats the purpose,the diet didn't start today and next Monday is a week away...cop the f on".😭

Finished this week's Billions (love this show) and now lying on the bed with the fan going.. Too warm for me tonight

Bedside reading about serial killers

*taking notes*
    :D

Night all!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bedside reading about serial killers

*taking notes*
    :D

Night all!

Just sourcing some lime for... Ahh, err no reason at all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,147 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

During Ramadan, fasting is from sunset to sunrise, so it’s logical that someone requests their aerial transport at 4am, but it really messes up my sleep patterns.

50/50 chance that I shall sleep in Geneva tonight 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Rather warm and sleep elusive again.. Cats and dog have all gone to sleep and left me .. well not quite true as the black twins went out for the night...

So utterly quiet; that silence that is far more than lack of sounds.

Bed is cluttered with knitting and books. As always....Just room for me to slide down and hopefully sleep..

Everything is melting. Including me... Soon I will just be a small oil slick on the floor..

northgirl ((((( HUGS)))))

They used to say in these situations,, that you can choose your friends but not your family...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

smurfjed wrote: »
    During Ramadan, fasting is from sunset to sunrise, so it’s logical that someone requests their aerial transport at 4am, but it really messes up my sleep patterns.

50/50 chance that I shall sleep in Geneva tonight ��

Sounds like a film title..

• Advertisement

Morning all :) carside heading to work :(

It's gonna be another hot day :) enjoy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement