Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Deskside, just did a hotfix on a live system without taking it down.

Now to cross my fingers and toes and hope for no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Surprise day off. At kitchen table, fire set, dont plan on doing very much at all.

At my desk in the IFSC. 6 more working days and I leave this desk for good. I haven't told anyone I will be leaving. People are still booking meetings with me in January. I will decline them all on my last day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Walked out of work..at home now :D

Like walk out forever or walk out for today? :P

On the couch, thinking I should really wash the dishes in the sink but being a lazy arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

Like walk out forever or walk out for today? :P

On the couch, thinking I should really wash the dishes in the sink but being a lazy arse.

Gone until the new year at least...will see then

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

On the couch, seem to have picked up some sort of horrid plague. Tis the season for it shur.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,608 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Sitting in a Morrison's car park in England. A lady driving a big utility vehicle tried to squeeze between my car and another and smacked my wing mirror. I got out to have a word with her.
    As soon as I got to the window, she reminded me of my mother. She was just uncomfortable driving that thing.
    So I directed her while she reversed and she said I was very kind. She didn't even know she had hit the mirror.

My mother is 700km away and she saved a lady from getting a bollocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭griffin100

Waiting in the dentist for my 4th and final root canal treatment. More nervous about his bill than the root canal tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

At work

Just got word my dog's surgery went fine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

At work

Just got word my dog's surgery went fine

Brilliant news purple....delighted it went well..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

In bed, can't walk knee is swollen the size of baseball. I'm going to stay here the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,149 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Spent the night in the Grand Canyon trailer park, drank beer with a couple of Dutch guys as we tried to stay warm with a temperature of -8C.

Now time to go hiking down part of the canyon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

just back from the shops, finished my Xmas shopping :)

just back from the shops, finished my Xmas shopping :)

Ditto! I am half dead after it. Panned out on the couch wishing there was someone here to make me tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

gifted wrote:
    Brilliant news purple....delighted it went well..

Sitting on my bed at home now. Need to have a shower. Long day at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

In my mams in front of the fire, absolutely knackered. Drove from Mayo to crumlin this morning after a patchy nights sleep courtesy of my darling 3yo and her nocturnal flights of fancy. Last night's one had me running for the kitchen at 3:48 am to see if her 6 year old brother really was slipping on the floor covered in blood. Wtf, I was trying to work out if it was him or the floor that was bloody and how the actual fcuk it happened with no noise,? did he stab himself? did she stab him,? did he run into a door and split himself? (he's done it before!)
    Then I realized she was dreaming and Oscar was asleep. She's nuts. I don't know what I fed her yesterday but she is not getting it again.
    Took ages to get back to sleep, the kids thought it was hilarious this morning when I told them.
    Little man is doing really well. I got cuddles today without lots of accessories, lol. I sent a picture to his dad and he thought he was so cute. Then he pooed on me. (the baby) welcome back mammy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Sitting on a bed in Jury's Inn Belfast feeling like am dying. Had fallen asleep and then woke unable to breathe. Feckin feather duvet. Of course as the most allergic person on the planet am allergic to them.

Guy from reception just dropped a non-feather one off.

Hope I sleep. Need to work at 4 am then drive us safely home tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Pawprints that brilliant news

Heading towards bedside am absolutely wrecked. I hate work :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Prepping for a second round interview in two hours for a consulting role with a Big 4 firm. The farmer wouldn't let me off work out of I can only guess spite and I had a run in with him as I had a replacement lined up. Told him this was my future and he was being completely unreasonable and that I wasn't going into work. Its close to being a resigning matter for me. My 88 days are done anyway.

They want the position filled by Friday for January start and sponsership will be included so all going well the final interview will be in Sydney on Thursday. Fingers crossed.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Prepping for a second round interview in two hours for a consulting role with a Big 4 firm. The farmer wouldn't let me off work out of I can only guess spite and I had a run in with him as I had a replacement lined up. Told him this was my future and he was being completely unreasonable and that I wasn't going into work. Its close to being a resigning matter for me. My 88 days are done anyway.

They want the position filled by Friday for January start and sponsership will be included so all going well the final interview will be in Sydney on Thursday. Fingers crossed.

Best of luck with it :)

In the bed enjoying the warmth and failing at coaxing myself out of bed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

In bed, just had tea and toast brought up to me.. Little things, much bliss.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

On my couch, kind of working on the laptop, kind of watching Peaky Blinders, ice pack on my knee, lovely pain killers inside me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Just home from a visit to a friends. We met in toddler group and she's lovely and her little boy is my little boys best friend.

My little fella spent the entire time crying or shouting. He threw something at me, told his bestie to leave him alone, shouted for "lunch now". I'm mortified. It's not like him and I was trying to walk the fine line of letting him know it's not acceptable while comforting an obviously upset toddler. I'm totally frazzled And a bit embarrassed.

Got him home and he's almost asleep on the sofa with a big runny nose saying his head is sore, so I assume he's coming down with something.

Whispered wrote: »
    Just home from a visit to a friends. We met in toddler group and she's lovely and her little boy is my little boys best friend.

My little fella spent the entire time crying or shouting. He threw something at me, told his bestie to leave him alone, shouted for "lunch now". I'm mortified. It's not like him and I was trying to walk the fine line of letting him know it's not acceptable while comforting an obviously upset toddler. I'm totally frazzled And a bit embarrassed.

Got him home and he's almost asleep on the sofa with a big runny nose saying his head is sore, so I assume he's coming down with something.

The poor mite...amazing how off little children go when they are sick.....hope he gets better soon.....

Horse the calpol into him...lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Solomon Pleasant

Currently in Düsseldorf international airport, I’m quite early for my flight so I’ve just taken a seat and I’m observing the hustle and bustle of everyone around me.

Delighted to be coming back to Ireland for Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Just back from Dublin. I bought a book in Easons and two Blu-rays and a DVD from Tower Records

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Witchie wrote:
    Sitting on a bed in Jury's Inn Belfast feeling like am dying. Had fallen asleep and then woke unable to breathe. Feckin feather duvet. Of course as the most allergic person on the planet am allergic to them.

I went through a stage a few years ago of gathering allergies, everything from paracetamol, plasters, oranges, to an Indian spice (unknown) that sent me anaphylactic. Twice. I started taking high dose vitamin d and they're mostly gone now, they can be managed with the odd antihistamine. It was awful for about 5 years.

Whispered wrote:

I can safely say with confidence that there's a nasty dose going! I have 2 with sore throats, ears and heads over the weekend. Antibiotic job. 3 days they were over the worst. Thank God it's this weekend and not next! It'll be gone for santy :)
    I'm Cotside, having cuddles. He's down to ordinary oxygen prongs, we're having him Baptised tomorrow afternoon, we decided to when he was really ill, we didn't know if he'd make it. We're going ahead anyway and then have a ceremony of welcome when he's home. I suppose I better tell the actual godparents :D I get to have his big brothers and sisters in. God help me but they better behave .. (you're all virtually invited, it's at 3 .. pub of your choice after and wet his head :))

Just home from work and on the sofa. Thanks to cbyrd I have an excuse to go to the pub at 3pm tomorrow.

cbyrd wrote: »
    I went through a stage a few years ago of gathering allergies, everything from paracetamol, plasters, oranges, to an Indian spice (unknown) that sent me anaphylactic. Twice. I started taking high dose vitamin d and they're mostly gone now, they can be managed with the odd antihistamine. It was awful for about 5 years.

I can safely say with confidence that there's a nasty dose going! I have 2 with sore throats, ears and heads over the weekend. Antibiotic job. 3 days they were over the worst. Thank God it's this weekend and not next! It'll be gone for santy :)
    I'm Cotside, having cuddles. He's down to ordinary oxygen prongs, we're having him Baptised tomorrow afternoon, we decided to when he was really ill, we didn't know if he'd make it. We're going ahead anyway and then have a ceremony of welcome when he's home. I suppose I better tell the actual godparents :D I get to have his big brothers and sisters in. God help me but they better behave .. (you're all virtually invited, it's at 3 .. pub of your choice after and wet his head :))

All good positive news cbyrd...brilliant to be reading this after all you've gone through....

Mines a carlsberg if someone at the bar already....lol lol

• Advertisement

Sitting on the couch with a glass of wine, waiting for the ex to come over so we can watch a film and have special cakes. That's all we'll be having, no matter how much he tries it on :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement