Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In bed after being up all night with a tummy bug

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

VHI Swiftcare clinic Swords. About to get my foot looked at after falling down a couple of steps when bringing Xmas pressies downstairs on Xmas Eve

Hoping to head over to Starbucks when finished (Costa may be a bit too far!)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Getting dinner organised and then it's off to a funeral

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Doing an online TEFL course while listening to techno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

Just told her....feck sake..broke down in tears.. but after 10 mins she was ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

On the way back after being home for a few days.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Starbucks Airside happy in the knowledge it's soft tissue damage (plus a few bits of arthritis floating around and an old break I never had a clue about until today!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Lying in bed watching reruns of coronation street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

On the couch with the cat asleep on my lap. Surrounded by boxes and chaos. Half a van loaded up today though and we're about 3/4 of the way through :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

In bed beside a very chesty baba. I'm starving but can't get away because every few mins he wakes up crying and choking. Have never dealt with it before. It's his first chesty cold ever.
    He's covered in snufflebabe, full of calpol, propped on a pillow and I'm keeping an eye on temperature. Not sure
    I can do much more for the moment. Had him at the doc on the 23rd because I knew something was brewing and was told that there's nothing wrong with him "just wound up over Christmas".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Watching Three Billboards-enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Just told her....feck sake..broke down in tears.. but after 10 mins she was ok

Bring her to a biggish Tesco and go down the free from aisle, won't be a bother on her then (supervalu is way overpriced, lidl and aldi have good variety but the aldi stuff can irritate too as I've discovered..) There's so much variety now. Beware of overpriced stuff that says gluten free but the ordinary stuff would be gf too, like bolognese sauces and things. A supermarket day out can be fun and educational :)
    Whispered wrote:
    In bed beside a very chesty baba. I'm starving but can't get away because every few mins he wakes up crying and choking. Have never dealt with it before. It's his first chesty cold ever. He's covered in snufflebabe, full of calpol, propped on a pillow and I'm keeping an eye on temperature.

It's always worse at night, something to do with the body going into sleep mode and the symptoms seem to get worse.

If it gets scary, run the shower and make a steamy room. It helps, so do the saline drops/spray for snotty/blocked nose.
    If in doubt don't hesitate to bring him back to the doctor, I fecking hate getting fobbed off. If it's viral then it'll run its course bacterial needs an antibiotic. How to tell the difference is the temperature, viral will spike but will come down with painkillers. bacterial is constant for more than 24 even with painkillers. (that'll be 50 quid please.. :D )

I'm cotside at last. Since about 4, Head on collision on the ballaghaderreen bypass on the way down delayed me but at least made sensible drivers from there on... I met the ambulances in the middle of the road at swinford absolutely flying, haven't seen any news .. I hope they were ok. Snow on the road. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Having an early night with himself and a cake.

cbyrd wrote: »
    Bring her to a biggish Tesco and go down the free from aisle, won't be a bother on her then (supervalu is way overpriced, lidl and aldi have good variety but the aldi stuff can irritate too as I've discovered..) There's so much variety now. Beware of overpriced stuff that says gluten free but the ordinary stuff would be gf too, like bolognese sauces and things. A supermarket day out can be fun and educational :)

It's always worse at night, something to do with the body going into sleep mode and the symptoms seem to get worse.

If it gets scary, run the shower and make a steamy room. It helps, so do the saline drops/spray for snotty/blocked nose.
    If in doubt don't hesitate to bring him back to the doctor, I fecking hate getting fobbed off. If it's viral then it'll run its course bacterial needs an antibiotic. How to tell the difference is the temperature, viral will spike but will come down with painkillers. bacterial is constant for more than 24 even with painkillers. (that'll be 50 quid please.. :D )

I'm cotside at last. Since about 4, Head on collision on the ballaghaderreen bypass on the way down delayed me but at least made sensible drivers from there on... I met the ambulances in the middle of the road at swinford absolutely flying, haven't seen any news .. I hope they were ok. Snow on the road. :(

Ive actually promised her a day of shopping tomorrow!...all she's worried about are Koka noodles, I've cream...and McDonald's chicken nuggets. ..oh to be 9 again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Watching Three Billboards-enjoyable

That's being released on my birthday. Looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Watching Jurassic World.

This is what the few women i have slept with felt like, quite disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

hairyslug wrote: »
    Watching Jurassic World.

This is what the few women i have slept with felt like, quite disappointed

Just finished it too, myself and the parents sniggering all the way through (there's a joke in there somewhere)!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Bedside watching Father Brown on alibi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Autosport wrote: »
    Bedside watching Father Brown on alibi.

On the phone to Mr Brown concocting a watertight alibi.

On the phone to Mr Brown concocting a watertight alibi.

If you can't even get his title right...I'm going to guess you're proper fcked harry !

In bed...think I've a dose of the "candie's"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

If you can't even get his title right...I'm going to guess you're proper fcked harry !

In bed...think I've a dose of the "candie's"

Nah Don, Mr Brown is the guy I'm referring to. Fr Brown is a Catholic priest. His word means sh*t these days. However, when Mr Brown speaks, which isn't very often, people listen ;) Everyone knows a Mister Brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Venice Beach LA.

Decided that enough is enough, gonna try to get on a flight back home tomorrow rather than wait another 2 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

On the set of Reservoir Dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

On the Couch in the comfiest dressing gown ever.

As a large spotted pink affair I probably look like I should be on Mrs browns boys. But my god it's comfy. And warm. And modest. Very very modest. Can't even seen an ankle.

In work. Today is going to be a long day but am going to spend it re-writing my CV. Might take an extended lunch break and have a look in the shops. Tomorrow will be my last day.

Choo Choo!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,971 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Mall of the Emirates.

This place is huge, just about to go skiing!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Sofa with quilt around me, viva 90s hits top 50 providing some funny flash backs

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

In work. BBBBooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

In my room. Thinking about wandering into town and going to the cinema.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement