Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Specialun wrote: »
    in bed watching netflix series about unabomber..a lovely chap it seems

I want to watch that. My uncle worked with him in the University in Berkley for a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Ended up eating roasted roosters with the skin on with rosemary and light mayo. Not too shoddy in the dark :)

Going to settle down now and relax with a drink before bed later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

northgirl wrote: »
    I want to watch that. My uncle worked with him in the University in Berkley for a time.

its not bad. slow starting as alot of series are. id defo recommend it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Estrellita wrote: »
    Sounds lovely. How are they treating you over yonder? :)

On the sofa with Mr Est again. Post Christmas tidy up began today, with deep clean to follow. Not a Christmas decoration in sight now. Surely that deserves a little glass of red :pac:

So far so good! My place is looking pretty good now and I'm planning a little venture around tomorrow! Thanks for asking :)

I hope that glass of red went down smoothly, possibly followed by another to keep it company ;)

Lying in the bed thinking of all I need to do.

hi ho hi ho its off to work i go.

this is going to be 1 tough day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Bed, not back till next week :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Just finishing work, long night.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Having a cuppa before heading to work. Just after seeing the rumoured list for Celebrity Big Brother, never heard of any of them. Did know the show was still going either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

In the kitchen setting up a fit bit watch I got for Xmas.....it's gonna have its work cut out with me lol lol

shakencat wrote: »
    Bed, not back till next week :)

Fcuk off

haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

shakencat wrote:
    Bed, not back till next week

Bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

In work grrr grrr grrr

Doing my morning treatments. Got up to make the missus a sandwich before she headed off to work like the good housewife I am :D (slipped a packet of Maltesers into her lunchbox too :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Hotel room in Manchester, husband and son lightly snoring away, baby kicking away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

was made redundant just before xmas so am taking it easy at home here - takes a bit of getting used to, not having to get up to get ready for work after 8.5 years in the job. I dont know what to do with myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

2nd Jan and my first hotel night of the year, unfortunately it's not in the country that I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Having a cuppa before heading to work. Just after seeing the rumoured list for Celebrity Big Brother, never heard of any of them. Did know the show was still going either.

Not even the rumoured, one of our own, Peru Two?

I am at the kitchen table, on first of two days off, first two days off together since before Xmas. Just booked plane tickets for later in month, and now looking at train tickets. FIRST CLASS for an extra tenner! Hmmm.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Doing my morning treatments. Got up to make the missus a sandwich before she headed off to work like the good housewife I am :D (slipped a packet of Maltesers into her lunchbox too :p)

I'm not up to speed with the young kids lingo these days, but that sounds dirty :pac:

I'm at home, not back in work until next Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Mint Sauce wrote: »

I am at the kitchen table, on first of two days off, first two days off together since before Xmas. Just booked plane tickets for later in month, and now looking at train tickets. FIRST CLASS for an extra tenner! Hmmm.

I thought you weren't going to tell anyone you were coming over to visit me....don't want them all fighting over me! :D

In the living room listening to my mum and dad picking out of each other while I try to work.

Mint Sauce wrote:

Nope, no idea who she is.

How does that merit a celebrity tag if it is the case?

• Advertisement

Eating maltesers :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

a sandwich before she headed off to work like the good housewife I am :D (slipped a packet of Maltesers into her lunchbox too :p)

What a wife! I'd marry you myself just for that! :pac:

In the kitchen eyeing the Jacobs elite in the drawer.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

On the couch after surviving the first day back at work trying to explain to myself that there will be no bottle of wine tonight but it's just not sinking in..may just wean myself off it gradually just to be on the safe side.ðŸ˜

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Colser wrote: »
    ..may just wean myself off it gradually just to be on the safe side.ðŸ˜

Better to be safe than sorry..........;)

Looking out at the rain!

On the couch....back to work tomorrow and I'm thinking about taking the rest of the week off...
    I hate my job, I really do. Lotto this year for me i think lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

gifted wrote: »
    On the couch....back to work tomorrow and I'm thinking about taking the rest of the week off...
    I hate my job, I really do. Lotto this year for me i think lol lol

Is this something you can change? Re-training, upskilling, step down?

Given the amount of time we spend working, it should be a priority to find a job you at least don't hate.

Is this something you can change? Re-training, upskilling, step down?

Given the amount of time we spend working, it should be a priority to find a job you at least don't hate.

I'm a plumber....very hard to like it, people poop on my work lol lol......often thought about re training but three young chickens come first so just gotta suck it up and plough on.....still hate it though lol lol

at home, winding down & about to log out from work stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

gifted wrote: »
    I'm a plumber....very hard to like it, people poop on my work lol lol......often thought about re training but three young chickens come first so just gotta suck it up and plough on.....still hate it though lol lol

Look at it this way, the time is going to pass anyway, be great to look back and say well at least the hard work paid off. Might set a very positive example to your girls to see their dad seeking satisfaction.

I talk like it's easy, I know it isn't. But it is possible.

• Advertisement

was made redundant just before xmas so am taking it easy at home here - takes a bit of getting used to, not having to get up to get ready for work after 8.5 years in the job. I dont know what to do with myself!

happened myself last year. luckily for less than a month. its a bit of a bitch but 100% take a bit of time to let it sink in and to plan. if you need any advice holla at me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement