Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

in my apartment, listening to music and working on my manuscript

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

In bed Netflixing and listening to the wind whistling outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

northgirl wrote: »
    In bed Netflixing and listening to the wind whistling outside.

In bed listening to LBC. No wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Bed. Was asleep. Phone woke me! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Not bedside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

3rd time luck, New York here I come....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

writing done for tonight (up to 180k words), time for bed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Not watching Netflix with a glass of wine and definitely not hearing the storm whipping up over Galway bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

I am in Quito, Ecuador. Kicking back after a 3 day hike on the Quilotoa Loop, it was amazing but me legs are worn up to me @rse.
    Tomorrow I shall explore the Old Town of this city - it's gorgeous if somewhat scarily dangerous! Will check off the ole equator line and head to Colombia!
    E X C I T E D!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

In bed it a cheap hotel. The toilet roll holder is the floor and we are under Heathrow's flight path so there goes a plane, and another one and another one....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Listening to the wind...some of it outside the window...and some in the bunk above me!

Talk about a rollercoaster of a day, started off a little after midnight with an email from Best Buy with their latest offers that immediately got me thinking about getting a couple more Sonos speakers, then getting advised that rather than 25 hours in New York we were going to stay there until the passenger needed to come back, we were having a wonderful time "googling" outlet malls and strip clubs close to our hotel.
    Then we got told that the flight was cancelled........
    Now on the balcony having beer and cheese with the dog.

On the 41 to the airport- place to STN- train to Tottenham Hale- Holloway Rd- Emirates Stadium then back for 5am!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Ssshhhhh I'm in the cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Called out to my brothers for lunch cause he's at home sick and I have t given him sh1t in ages. Started going on about whatever anyway and he turned around really annoyed and said "shut the **** up and eat your sandwich". I don't know why it was so funny, I think maybe because I still feel and act like I'm 17 and he's embracing being an adult. If that was 5 years ago he would have tried shoving the sandwich down my throat

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

On the 41 to the airport- place to STN- train to Tottenham Hale- Holloway Rd- Emirates Stadium then back for 5am!

Had to read that about 3 times because on this side the 41 would take you from Tottenham Hale to Archway at the top of the Holloway Road... :pac:

Currently deskside at work, not doing much. Have to leave at 3:30 for a scan. 2 days left at work after this...

Called out to my brothers for lunch cause he's at home sick and I have t given him sh1t in ages. Started going on about whatever anyway and he turned around really annoyed and said "shut the **** up and eat your sandwich". I don't know why it was so funny, I think maybe because I still feel and act like I'm 17 and he's embracing being an adult. If that was 5 years ago he would have tried shoving the sandwich down my throat

My boyfriend sometimes says similar if I'm being a bit "emotional" :p Plenty of women would be horrified but I know him and find it funny. He'll say "shut up and your dinner" with a smile and I laugh and all tension is gone.

I'm on the bus.

Had to read that about 3 times because on this side the 41 would take you from Tottenham Hale to Archway at the top of the Holloway Road... :pac:

Currently deskside at work, not doing much. Have to leave at 3:30 for a scan. 2 days left at work after this...

Well I’ll be on two 41’s then! Tks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Sofa after walking 6km in lashing rain with a pain in my ear. Feeling very sorry for myself.

I've had sinus pain now for nearly a month and it's just getting worse. I'm taking packet after packet of benelyn day and night. I keep putting off going to the doc coz he's so fricken dismissive (last time I saw him he told me my toddler wasn't sick at all and I was imagining it, 2 days later and I had to bring him to care doc who put him on steroids). I know he's going to tell me that I have a cold.

Little one needed a kidney scan today...all clear...so thats one weight off my mind :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Cotside ...watching Barbie today :D. After my little tantrum yesterday I seem to have gotten a ball rolling, I figured out the problem with his oxygen sats too.. the humidifier water is getting in the tube and blocking it so essentially he was getting fcuk all oxygen yesterday. I'm starting to wonder now does he need all the antibiotics he's on.
    I've asked the GI surgeons to assess him for peg feeding as they are so slow to try to make a plan for getting him home that I'm despairing now of being home for his first birthday. It's like the never ending saga. I'm getting so frustrated with the non communication that has been going on for the last 3 weeks. So, at least now there's some sort of plan being worked out for him. It might mean more surgery but it also might be the best and safest way to get him home.
    Now I want sleep..

Delighted that the scan was good Jack Kanoff, you can breathe again for another while :)

Thanks cybrd, yeah one good thing... Crumlin could be months away yet...but look, onwards and upwards ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Whispered wrote: »
    Sofa after walking 6km in lashing rain with a pain in my ear. Feeling very sorry for myself.

I've had sinus pain now for nearly a month and it's just getting worse. I'm taking packet after packet of benelyn day and night. I keep putting off going to the doc coz he's so fricken dismissive (last time I saw him he told me my toddler wasn't sick at all and I was imagining it, 2 days later and I had to bring him to care doc who put him on steroids). I know he's going to tell me that I have a cold.

If you haven't tried it already give neilmed sinus rinse a go, you can get it in pharmacies or boots. It is a bit expensive but it does help. I have chronic sinusitis and it's about the only thing that calms it down a bit for me.

On the couch not feeling too well today.

Second the neilmed snotrinse it's great I did it with a bad sinus infection and you could see bright yellow stuff flooding out of my nose

Sitting in a hotel lobby waiting to start interviews, I'm probably sweating more than the candidates

Harlow Town, next stop Tottenham Hale

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Waiting for someone to call around and then go so I can slip into something more comfortable and get intimate with a blanket and open fire.

@nollagshona for someone with no money,
    You travel more than I do 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Clair4

Sitting in car , Waiting for the eldest to finish his football training.

• Advertisement

Waiting for my chicken madras to arrive....
    I'm like a dog licking his chops when he sees his food bowl about to be filled !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement