Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Absolutely knackered tbh - fed up of being here, induction started last Monday so I'm nearly a week in now. I have a 22 month old son at home, my husband is on paternity leave though so he's being well looked after.

Ah, I hope you get home soon, hospital is a pain in the butt.. (7 months later)

Cotside, little man has caught bocco virus.. yes. Or a cold if it were you or me.. lol. Poor boy, he's full of snot but they're encouraged by how well he's coping.. maybe I should let them sit here for 12 hours ... But he's really really good, he doesn't cry much, just makes sad face that would break your heart and he looks at me with his little watery eyes as if to say.. fcuk off away from me with your damn suction tubes and let me sleep....He's mostly sleeping.. thank God.. bocco virus.. can they not just say he has a cold. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

BVA bores out of my tree. I’m landslide and there’s Fcuk all here. There is Fcuk all airside too tbf

cbyrd wrote: »
    Ah, I hope you get home soon, hospital is a pain in the butt.. (7 months later)

Cotside, little man has caught bocco virus.. yes. Or a cold if it were you or me.. lol. Poor boy, he's full of snot but they're encouraged by how well he's coping.. maybe I should let them sit here for 12 hours ... But he's really really good, he doesn't cry much, just makes sad face that would break your heart and he looks at me with his little watery eyes as if to say.. fcuk off away from me with your damn suction tubes and let me sleep....He's mostly sleeping.. thank God.. bocco virus.. can they not just say he has a cold. :D

Poor little mite. Hope he’s better soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

At home in bed not feeling the best but will be getting up shortly as I’ve to call into the local Garda station to make a statement

Could be worse, calling in to make a statement is a much nicer than being 'brought in' to make one. A lot more time consuming too. Back on topic, waiting outside the chipper for a pair of fish suppers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Listening to the radio for a change, not sure it'll last long....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Kitchen side watching snow falling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Going to cork at the weekend, taking the little one up for a few days...she wants to use the pool and whirlpool :)
    Have also tied in a job interview while there.... fantastic position, more money etc.. but means uprooting to Cork...time to think......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Going to cork at the weekend, taking the little one up for a few days...she wants to use the pool and whirlpool :)
    Have also tied in a job interview while there.... fantastic position, more money etc.. but means uprooting to Cork...time to think......

Means moving to Cork??...... congratulations my friend..you've just won the lottery of life...lol lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just after reading a bit from the end of Winnie the Pooh. I’m an emotional wreck

On His Death Bed, Christopher Robin Tries To Explain To Pooh The Concept Of Death.
    christopher Robin explains death to Pooh

"You see," began Christopher with a long sigh. "It's like sleeping for a long, long time."

Christopher Robin was surrounded by his friends under his favorite tree. It rested on the top of a hill overlooking the entire Hundred Acre Wood. He was older now, and he knew that he didn't have much more time left with them.

"But going to sleep means that some day you'll wake up." Pooh said with a smile.

"Precisely!" Owl exclaimed.

"And we'll be here when you do," Kanga added. "I'll even make you breakfast."

Christopher couldn't help but smile. "I would very much like that. But you all have to understand that it will be a very, very long time."

"Oh ho ho! We are great at waiting a long time! Rabbit here waits every year for the carrots to grow in the garden." Tigger chimed in.

"And every year you destroy them!" Rabbit snarled.

"But Christopher!" Roo interjected, jumping into Christopher's lap. "What are we going to do when you're gone?"

"Oh I won't be gone Roo. I'll be right here." Christopher placed his finger over Roo's heart. Roo giggled and scrunched up into a ball.

"We'll be just fine," muttered Eeyore. "I'm used to being alone anyways."

"None of you will be alone! You're a family now, and while I'm gone you will all take care of each other."

"B-b-b-ut you will b-b-be back r-r-right Christopher?" Stuttered Piglett.

Christopher let out a soft sigh and looked around at all of his friends. It was going to be difficult to help them to understand. They probably never would…

"Sometimes good things come to an end. But here's the secret everyone— come close!" They all huddled together underneath the tree to listen to Christopher's secret.

"Memories. Are. Forever." He whispered and tapped Pooh on the nose.

"Memories?" Said Pooh. "Well I have plenty of those! Like that time we saved you from the Heffalumps!"

"Or when you helped me fix my garden!" cried Rabbit.

"Or when you organized my library for me!" Exclaimed Owl.

"Or that time you built me a new house out of those sticks you found in the woods.” Eeyore added sullenly. "It didn't last the night...but I remember it."

"Yes, yes! All of those are memories and you will have them forever. Just like I will have my memories of all of you."

Christopher stood up and took one last look over the Hundred Acre Wood. The sun was setting in the orange autumn sky and the trees were beginning to lose their leaves. It was time he went home.

Christopher gathered all of his friends together and began walking back down the hill. They were all busy discussing the memories they had had with each other.

"Christopher?" Pooh said, looking up at Christopher as they walked hand in hand. "You aren't coming back, are you?"

Christopher looked down at the ground and took a moment before he responded. "No Pooh. I won't be coming back this time."

They walked in silence, listening to the sound of the crunching leaves underneath their feet.

Pooh suddenly stopped and looked intently into the ground. "I believe I am going to miss you Christopher," he said with a soft, broken voice.

Christopher leaned down and took his lifelong friend into his arms.

"I will miss you too Pooh. I will miss you very, very much."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

ARGH Shoesday what have you done, now cold AND teary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Ah here, who's chopping onions at this time of night.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

No idea, but I'm cutting the cheese :pac::pac:

Now my eyes are really watering.

In the airplane in Beauvais Airport. 10 min delay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

good luck in the interview..its cork and were all fantastic. just keep saying like, boi and lad and you fit right in

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Specialun wrote: »
    good luck in the interview..its cork and were all fantastic. just keep saying like, boi and lad and you fit right in

That's sounds like waterford speak :D

Now bedside

Don't fall for Shoesdayschilds excerpt from Winnie the Pooh. It's a honey trap teddy. I'm gonna share with you how to cut onions without looking like a prick. It's quite simple really, a decent sized bowl filled with cold water, a clean sink works too. Submerge the onion in the water and dice away. No more tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'd love the chance to move to cork. Or anywhere in the west near the sea. I can feel myself relax even driving in that direction.

In bed. As usual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Don't fall for Shoesdayschilds excerpt from Winnie the Pooh. It's a honey trap teddy. I'm gonna share with you how to cut onions without looking like a prick. It's quite simple really, a decent sized bowl filled with cold water, a clean sink works too. Submerge the onion in the water and dice away. No more tears.
    :D I’m in bed, harry you never fail to intrigue me

Made the 41- it’s snowing in Dublin and he’s rocketing along

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,613 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Made the 41- it’s snowing in Dublin and he’s rocketing along

For a man with no money, you get around. Fair play to you Nollag.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Specialun wrote: »

Throw in lánger a few times too.

:D I’m in bed, harry you never fail to intrigue me

I'm intrigued as to why your intrigued. But you wouldn't be the first... Right now I'm under the covers meself, the snoring to my immediate left is syncing with the mellow music of Steel Pulse coming from the bluetooth to my immediate right.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

In bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

In bed waiting for the little “mammy I need a wee” I know is coming as I can hear two year old tossing and turning in her bed

In bed, sticking toes out to test the temperature.

In bed, sticking toes out to test the temperature.

Wind them back in, it's cold but no breeze thankfully

Wind them back in, it's cold but no breeze thankfully

Took a peek out earlier, no snow only a heavy frost.

May have a look for the heavy socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

jesus h christ its v v hard nipple weather. just arrived in work. best do whats modt important and make a cuppa 1st

• Advertisement

Thermals protect me for this hike, finished work and on the way out the gap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement