Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Route suggestion saint catherine's park lucan to Clondalkin

Options
  • 22-11-2017 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

So recently purchased or about to purchase a house in Dunshaughlin and I work in Grange Castle Business Park. As the name suggests not really in the shape to do the full round trip by bike. I was thinking of Driving to saint Catherine's park and Cycling from there through the park and through Adamstown and back onto the Grand Canal and to work. Couple of questions, is there parking in the the Park from early morning (06:00 am) to 17:00 ? and is this distance 12 K each way doable 5 days a week ? Is there any alternative route I could use instead ? Don't really fancy the R149 from what I read here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I don't think the park is open as early as 6 a.m. The Fingal CoCo website says dawn till dusk.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭scott.s

Could maybe park at the train station at Clonsilla instead? Adds on a bit more distance though

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Fatmeathman

scott.s wrote: »
    Could maybe park at the train station at Clonsilla instead? Adds on a bit more distance though

Thanks not a bad idea is there free parking there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

Thanks not a bad idea is there free parking there ?

No, nearest free train parking is Dunboyne I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Fatmeathman

No, nearest free train parking is Dunboyne I think?

Great, thanks.
    Probably getting too far out giving my portly waistband and really busy R149, was thinking of Westmanstown Conference & Event Centre (not sure if I would be clamped ? ) and taking the canal down to saint Catherine's park from there, or Hansfield train station and getting on the canal there again no clue about the auld parking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Great, thanks.
    Probably getting too far out giving my portly waistband and really busy R149, was thinking of Westmanstown Conference & Event Centre (not sure if I would be clamped ? ) and taking the canal down to saint Catherine's park from there, or Hansfield train station and getting on the canal there again no clue about the auld parking?

Hansfield has free parking, I park there sometimes and cycle in from there. I'm not sure what the canal is like for cycling on that section though - it's certainly not tarmac - maybe gravel and or grass. Agreed stay away from the R149 it's a total nightmare on a bike during commuting hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Last time I done the canal from around Westmanstown to the park it was mostly grass and mud, won't be good this time of year on anything other than a MTB.

You won't get parking at Coolmine station unless you're there pretty early.

Advertisement