If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV model without screen interpolation?

Options
  • 22-11-2017 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

hi team,
    i have seen few new TVs where movies look like a soap opera.
    after googling i found it is called as screen interpolation or soap opera effect.
    are there any TVs without this unwanted feature?

i dont want to buy a TV online and realise it has soap opera effect.

i read some new TVs have the feature to disable it.
    but disabling the feature really work?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

hi team,
    i have seen few new TVs where movies look like a soap opera.
    after googling i found it is called as screen interpolation or soap opera effect.
    are there any TVs without this unwanted feature?

i dont want to buy a TV online and realise it has soap opera effect.

i read some new TVs have the feature to disable it.
    but disabling the feature really work?
    Hi Bittihuduga.

To be honest, this is not something I have been asked before and do not know off the top of my head.

Are there any screens that you are interested in and I can look into those for you. For me to check every TV we stock would take some time and with Black Friday in swing it could take me some time to be able to do this unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

thanks Kenny.
    I was checking on avforums and rtings website for this feature.
    almost all TV have by default screen interpolation which is increased smoothness in picture quality.
    i dont know much about the actual technical details yet.
    many latest high end models can switch off smoothness and show movie in 24p.
    but without seeing it in real, I am worried to make an purchase.
    my eyes are on KD65XE9005 or any other similar priced 65 inch one

thanks Kenny.
    I was checking on avforums and rtings website for this feature.
    almost all TV have by default screen interpolation which is increased smoothness in picture quality.
    i dont know much about the actual technical details yet.
    many latest high end models can switch off smoothness and show movie in 24p.
    but without seeing it in real, I am worried to make an purchase.
    my eyes are on KD65XE9005 or any other similar priced 65 inch one
    Hey Bittihuduga.

I have a 9005 Sony on display. I'll have a look through it menu system and see if it has this setting.

It might take me a bit to do this as its crazy here at the store but as soon as I do I'll revert straight back.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

Mod Snip

i got similar response from AVforum website. all latest have this turn off feature and as per the manual, the soap opera effect should not occur.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

...believe it or not some people put motion control to max.......

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

i agree with you.. most people love it.. its just me.
    i have my eyes set on hisense h65n800 for now.
    if there is no further price change on other models during blackfriday sale, i may place an order tomorrow for hisense

i agree with you.. most people love it.. its just me.
    i have my eyes set on hisense h65n800 for now.
    if there is no further price change on other models during blackfriday sale, i may place an order tomorrow for hisense
    No worries Bittihuduga.

Let see what happens price wise for Black Friday.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.