Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Still Billing Me After Cancellation?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭rn

Thank you for sorting my issue out. 
    rn wrote: »
    Hi Eir,
    I am in the same boat. I cancelled a few months ago, but I'm getting email and texts that bills have been generated and are now over due.

I cancelled my account on the 1st of October and closed my account on 31st October. All equipment has been returned. 

Regards
    rn
    Hi RN, 

Could you PM the following details and I will investigate this?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder?

As soon as I get this information I will look into this. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Thank you for sorting my issue out. 
    Hi Eir,
    I am in the same boat. I cancelled a few months ago, but I'm getting email and texts that bills have been generated and are now over due.

I cancelled my account on the 1st of October and closed my account on 31st October. All equipment has been returned. 

Regards
    rn
    Hi RN, 

Could you PM the following details and I will investigate this?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

As soon as I get this information I will look into this. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

No problem 

Glad to help. 

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

Grainne,
    Can you correct your misleading statement please.
    Thanks

"You are required to speak with an agent in our cancellation team and give your 30 days notice to cancel. "

Grainne,
    This statement would appear to be misleading your customers at best

You are not required to speak to anyone in Eir to cease your service.

"Under eir standard terms & conditions; you are required to give 30 days' written notice of your request to cease your eir service(s)."

If customer care is not available you may email a copy of your bill to ccm@eir.ie to legally cease the service.

Please confirm that this is correct.

paddy19 wrote: »
    Grainne,
    Can you correct your misleading statement please.
    Thanks

"You are required to speak with an agent in our cancellation team and give your 30 days notice to cancel. "

Grainne,
    This statement would appear to be misleading your customers at best

You are not required to speak to anyone in Eir to cease your service.

"Under eir standard terms & conditions; you are required to give 30 days' written notice of your request to cease your eir service(s)."

If customer care is not available you may email a copy of your bill to ccm@eir.ie to legally cease the service.

Please confirm that this is correct.
    Hi paddy19, 

Further details on how to cancel your service can be found here

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bewil16

hi... i cancelled my eir account twice and i receive an email said WE CONFIRM THAT MY EIR BUNDLE WILL BE CANCELLED 30 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THIS NOTIFICATION....but i receive eir bill yesterday that my bill is 76e...what happened? please help me to cancelled my account.i dont want to pay that amount ..my bundle are phone and broadband only.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

bewil16 wrote: »
    hi... i cancelled my eir account twice and i receive an email said WE CONFIRM THAT MY EIR BUNDLE WILL BE CANCELLED 30 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THIS NOTIFICATION....but i receive eir bill yesterday that my bill is 76e...what happened? please help me to cancelled my account.i dont want to pay that amount ..my bundle are phone and broadband only.
    Hi bewil16

Can you pm me the following details please and I will look into this for you. 

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB
    Are you the account holder?

Many thanks

Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 3 debetya

Hello,

I cancelled my eir last October. I have being getting notification that i still owed 39 euro but when i called in to query the charge I am told by the automated system that my account number does not exist. Finally I got talking to someone last month who told me the charge was for hardware not returned but they could see on the system that i had returned the kit and they told me that they would cancel the charge.

this month i have being told i still owe the 39 euro and i received a new email stating i am a new customer and i owe 78 euro also.

Any help tidying up this mess would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

debetya wrote: »
    Hello,

I cancelled my eir last October. I have being getting notification that i still owed 39 euro but when i called in to query the charge I am told by the automated system that my account number does not exist. Finally I got talking to someone last month who told me the charge was for hardware not returned but they could see on the system that i had returned the kit and they told me that they would cancel the charge.

this month i have being told i still owe the 39 euro and i received a new email stating i am a new customer and i owe 78 euro also.

Any help tidying up this mess would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    Hi debetya, 

Could you PM the following details and I will look into this?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Your company is still Billing me after i have full cancelled TWICE now, once in December and again in January, i even have confirmation emails to prove it can you explain why this is still happening? One mistake i can understand but twice is starting to look deliberate, i wont be ringing to be stuck on the phone for another 40 min.

Cupatae wrote: »
    Your company is still Billing me after i have full cancelled TWICE now, once in December and again in January, i even have confirmation emails to prove it can you explain why this is still happening? One mistake i can understand but twice is starting to look deliberate, i wont be ringing to be stuck on the phone for another 40 min.
    Hi Cupatae, 

Could you PM the following details and I can check why you are being billed?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Hi Cupatae, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Any update ?? 

Hi Cupatae, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Any update ?? 
    Hi Cupatae, 

I have updated you in PM's

Thanks,
    Grainne