Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Still Billing Me After Cancellation?

• 22-11-2017 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi,

I cancelled my Eir account over a month ago on the phone and I was told my service would be finished from October 23rd. I haven't used my service since October 6th (but still paid a full months bill for October). Today I received a text message saying my November bill is available online and direct debit payment will be taken on November 27th. 

Why am I still being charged?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Harambe wrote: »
    Hi,

I cancelled my Eir account over a month ago on the phone and I was told my service would be finished from October 23rd. I haven't used my service since October 6th (but still paid a full months bill for October). Today I received a text message saying my November bill is available online and direct debit payment will be taken on November 27th. 

Hi Harambe, 

I'm sorry to hear this. Feel free to PM me your account details, name on the account and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

So it turns out Eir never cancelled my broadband after I rang them up to do just that in October.
    I was told on the phone that my contract would be cancelled on October 23rd, I haven't used it since October 6th.
    I paid for the full month of October also.
    I was told on the phone I'd receive a letter in the post after cancellation and to hold onto my router because I would have to return it.
    I received no letter, my contract was never cancelled and now Eir are trying to take more money out of my account for November.
    The mind boggles!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭somahoney74

So it turns out Eir never cancelled my broadband after I rang them up to do just that in October.
    I was told on the phone that my contract would be cancelled on October 23rd, I haven't used it since October 6th.
    I was told on the phone I'd receive a letter in the post after cancellation and to hold onto my router because I would have to return it.
    I received no letter, my contract was never cancelled and now Eir are trying to take more money out of my account for November.
    The mind boggles!

Exactly the same issue has happened with me.

The mind boggles!

Exactly the same issue has happened with me.
    Hi somahoney74, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

I'm very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues also. Feel free to PM me your account number, name on the account and I'll check this for you. 

Thanks

Tracey 

So just to update on this, I got through to Eir again at the end of November and explained the situation. 
    The operator in Eir could see that I rang in my cancellation all the way back in October and said it hadn't been cancelled yet possibly due to backlog of cancellations which is fair enough, but I still shouldn't be receiving bills off Eir who are actively trying to withdraw money from my account.
    Anyway the operator informed me that he would put through my cancellation again and that I'll receive no further correspondence from Eir.
    As of today I'm still receiving text messages from Eir saying that I haven't paid my November bill (which I do not owe) and also that my December bill is now due (I've been cancelled since mid October), I honestly can't help but laugh at how poor this service is.

• Advertisement

So just to update on this, I got through to Eir again at the end of November and explained the situation. 
    The operator in Eir could see that I rang in my cancellation all the way back in October and said it hadn't been cancelled yet possibly due to backlog of cancellations which is fair enough, but I still shouldn't be receiving bills off Eir who are actively trying to withdraw money from my account.
    Anyway the operator informed me that he would put through my cancellation again and that I'll receive no further correspondence from Eir.
    As of today I'm still receiving text messages from Eir saying that I haven't paid my November bill (which I do not owe) and also that my December bill is now due (I've been cancelled since mid October), I honestly can't help but laugh at how poor this service is.
    Hi Harambe, 

I'm very sorry to hear that your account is still not cancelled, I understand this is frustrating. I have contacted the cancellation team to query this, as soon as I hear back I'll come back to you.

I have waived the bills outstanding also. 

Thanks

Tracey

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Hi Harambe, 

I'm very sorry to hear that your account is still not cancelled, I understand this is frustrating. I have contacted the cancellation team to query this, as soon as I hear back I'll come back to you.

Thanks

Tracey
    Waived?
    How can you waive a bill that isn't due?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

kbannon wrote: »
    Hi Harambe, 

Thanks

Tracey
    Waived?
    its eir they do what they like

kbannon wrote: »
    Hi Harambe, 

Thanks

Tracey
    Waived?
    Unfortunately due to the account not being cancelled the system has generated bills. 

I have now got this cancellation processed for you and will go down within the next 72 hours. I'm sorry this has taken so long to go through. 

Apologies for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Daithai64

I have had similar frustration attempting to cancel an eir mobile broadband account a week after activation. I have been assured by eir retail and online customer support that the account was cancelled though my second monthly bill is now due payment for a service I can't even use if I chose to as the modem has been posted back to Eir Returns over a month ago.

• Advertisement

Daithai64 wrote: »
    I have had similar frustration attempting to cancel an eir mobile broadband account a week after activation. I have been assured by eir retail and online customer support that the account was cancelled though my second monthly bill is now due payment for a service I can't even use if I chose to as the modem has been posted back to Eir Returns over a month ago.
    Hi Daithai64, 

I'm very sorry to hear this. 

If you PM me your account number and full name on the account I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Donnacha Kendlin

Hi,

I cancelled my Eir account last November and I have been billed twice with my bank account debited. When I go onto My Eir, it tells me my Eir account no longer exists. Please tell me how I solve this problem ??

A/C NO. [snipped]
    Regards,
    Donnacha

Hi,

I cancelled my Eir account last November and I have been billed twice with my bank account debited. When I go onto My Eir, it tells me my Eir account no longer exists. Please tell me how I solve this problem ??

A/C NO. [snipped]
    Regards,
    Donnacha
    Hi Donnacha,

I'm very sorry to hear this.

Feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to help.

Thanks

Tracey

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

This exact thing has happened  me aswell, its abit of coincidence that anyone trying to cancel runs into these issues... can u waive my bill and cancel my account please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Cupatae wrote: »
    This exact thing has happened  me aswell, its abit of coincidence that anyone trying to cancel runs into these issues... can u waive my bill and cancel my account please.
    Hi Cupatae, 

Sorry to hear this happened to you. 

Could you PM the following details? 
    1. Your Name
    2. Your Account Number
    3. Your Full Address
    4. Your DOB
    5. You are the account holder

As soon as I get this information I can then access your account and check this. 

Grainne

I have cancelled mine more than once and still getting billed despite talking to them via many means and the buck just keeps getting passed from one to another and i still get billed,cant wait for my day in court 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eircustomereva

My partner and I  moved house end of December and paid our eir bill in full for December and went into an Eir shop in Cork on Patricks Street. The shop assitant set up an account for our new house and I was told everything was sorted with old account that our details were transferred over to new account. I double checked and logged onto old account and it said I had no accounts attached or active with that name. I rang Eir to double check and was told that the shop gave me incorrect information as the account is in my partatners name that I had no control and I had to go back in and sort it. When I went into the shop I again was told by the shop assistant that everything was sorted. I looged onto old account and it said again there were no accounts so as far as I was concerned all was sorted. 

A week ago my partner was sent an email to say we had an overdue bill on our old account. When I logged into the account it said that there was no accounts attached to it. I chatted on the web chat to two seperate agents and one of the agents told me to call 1901. I called and it said that there were no customer reps available at all. When I logged on to chat on the web chat again I was told they could see a bill but I still could not seee it. The web agent then gave me a new passowrd to login and then I saw the bill. I was told again to contact the 1901 number I again rang the customer service and again was told that there was nobody available and the line cut out. I went back into the eir shop and spoke to a manager called Barry ( who was very informative and professional) I expressed my frustration and concern and was told by Barry that I was supposed to ring and cancel the account and it was a miscommunication. I told him I most definitley was not informed that I had to cancel the account that I was assured all details were swapped over. The shop assistant that I dealt with was there and Barry asked her if she had informed and she said 'Oh I thought I did'. I again stated that I was never informed and why would I choose to have two accounts open in my name. I also had no access to any bills as it said in my account when I logged in that there were no accounts attached to my name. 

Barry then apologised (the only person to give an apology or be anyway sympathetic even though it was not Barry's fault) and informed me that I would have to ring Eir as they do not have the authority to close accounts in the shop. This baffles me when the phone service is so difficult to access. Barry then went on to inform me that I should pay the bill and close the account and he would put a note with my account saying my new account will be credited what I pay. I do not want to pay anything as I cannot afford to. When I logged onto pay last night it said I woed 179 euro. I have already paid 112 euro for my new account. I also, and this is no offence to Barry, have absolutley no trust in your system and will not pay for anything at all unless I am assured from somebody senior on the phone AND in writing that 1. My account is cancelled and that Eir take responsibility for the mistake and 2. That my new account will be credited what I pay (if I pay) or my bill will be void. I am also stressed as I am afraid this will now have an effect on my credit rating. 

I have been ringing since 9am this morning and have had no contact with anyone other than the computerised voice. I have logged a complaint online and have not heard from anyone. I have been told I need permission from my partner to close account as it is in his name even though I was able to open an account in his name for the two of us. 
    This has taken up so much of my time and money. I have had to call EIR during work because I was told the best time to call was 9am in the morning. I need this to be rectified ASAP before the bill mounts up. I really don't think that EIR understand the frustration and stress this causes and the lack of contact is ludacrious. The actual notion that the shop and web agents cannot do anything and everything has to be done through a phone call baffles me.  

Also I meant to add that I went into another Eir shop in Cork ( I don't want to say specifically for privacy of the worker) just to see if there was anything they could do. The lady (who was lovely) who worked in the shop told me to ensure I don't have direct debit attached to the account as they will continue to charge me. This employee even informed me that it was completely the companies fault. Even the employees do not believe in the company! She then told me I had to go back into the shop in Patricks street as they are the only ones who can cancel it but then they tell me in Patricks Street I have to do it on the phone. I have no trust anymore as nobody seems to realise what they are doing.

Can somebody provide me with a number/ email or name of who I contact for this to be sorted once and for all or I will be required to take further action. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Hi Cupatae

Unfortunately we cannot cancel accounts through Social Media channels.  Please click here to find out more information on how to cancel your eir services.

Many thanks
    ~Linzi

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi Cupatae

Unfortunately we cannot cancel accounts through Social Media channels.  Please click here to find out more information on how to cancel your eir services.

Many thanks
    ~Linzi

Same rhetoric on twitter and people left holding on for hours. Going on six months now for me you can't find the phone call yet I have it.. Amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭rn

Hi Eir,
    I am in the same boat. I cancelled a few months ago, but I'm getting email and texts that bills have been generated and are now over due.

I cancelled my account on the 1st of October and closed my account on 31st October. All equipment has been returned. 

Regards
    rn

• Advertisement

I've seen the dirtiest trick in the book today. I'm the main account holder on my account I cancelled months ago yet they have not cancelled it.My wife got a call from CMOS who is a collection agency and she's not the account holder but numbers on account. This is illegal under GDPR rules. Woah boy they are in trouble now.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

jimmynokia wrote: »
    I've seen the dirtiest trick in the book today. I'm the main account holder on my account I cancelled months ago yet they have not cancelled it.My wife got a call from CMOS who is a collection agency and she's not the account holder but numbers on account. This is illegal under GDPR rules. Woah boy they are in trouble now.
    How did her number get on the a/c then? 

How did her number get on the a/c then? 
    If you care to read again. I'm the account holder it's a nunber listed on my account. They should have contacted me not her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

rn wrote: »
    Hi Eir,
    I am in the same boat. I cancelled a few months ago, but I'm getting email and texts that bills have been generated and are now over due.

I cancelled my account on the 1st of October and closed my account on 31st October. All equipment has been returned. 

Regards
    rn
    Hi RN, 

Could you PM the following details and I will investigate this?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder?

As soon as I get this information I will look into this. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi jimmynokia, 

Could you advise how you cancelled your account? 

You are required to speak with an agent in our cancellation team and give your 30 days notice to cancel. 

If you could PM the following details I can check why your request was not processed. 
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Hi Eir,

Regards
    rn
    Hi RN, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi jimmynokia, 

You are required to speak with an agent in our cancellation team and give your 30 days notice to cancel. 

If you could PM the following details I can check why your request was not processed. 
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    No I won't because you'll do the same thing they do on webchat and social.... WE CAN'T HELP YOU. check the Irish times today and I'll be seeing you on the steps. You've breached GDPR rules. You know how it is

Hi,

Hi Harambe 

Could you pm me the following details and I will look into this for you.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    3) Are you the account holder?
    4) Your DOB
    5) 1st line of address

Many thanks

~Linzi

Hi,

Hi Harambe 

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    4) Your DOB
    5) 1st line of address

Many thanks

~Linzi
    That post is from 2017.

Hi,

Hi Harambe 

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    4) Your DOB
    5) 1st line of address

Many thanks

~Linzi
    That post is from 2017.
    Apologies Harambe

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eircustomereva

Hi Eir,

Regards
    rn
    Hi RN, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi jimmynokia, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    No I won't because you'll do the same thing they do on webchat and social.... WE CAN'T HELP YOU. check the Irish times today and I'll be seeing you on the steps. You've breached GDPR rules. You know how it is
    Hi,
    My partner went into an Eir shop to inform them we were moving house and transfer the account over. She was given the impression this was happening but was given a new account number. It was all set up under my name and not my partners. She is now being told that she cannot cancel the old account (which we were told by the shop assistant that it was all sorted and now have an overdue bill of 200 euro) as it is in my name and they need my permission. Even though they opened another account in my name without my knowledge. Complete breach of GDPR rules. It is absolutely baffling. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

"You are required to speak with an agent in our cancellation team and give your 30 days notice to cancel. "

Grainne,
    This statement would appear to be misleading your customers at best

You are not required to speak to anyone in Eir to cease your service.

"Under eir standard terms & conditions; you are required to give 30 days' written notice of your request to cease your eir service(s)."

If customer care is not available you may email a copy of your bill to ccm@eir.ie to legally cease the service.

Please confirm that this is correct.

Advertisement