If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assistance request

Options
  • 22-11-2017 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hi guys

Could you help me out with some searching that I can't seem to do via your site - or else give me instructions on how to search in more detail?

Criteria

49 or 50 inch (can't be bigger than 50 due to space confinements)
    4K HDR
    10 bit
    Black frame (I realise that this reduces the choice significantly but it's been requested as a requirement!)
    Record & playback (vis usb) whilst also supporting keyboard input - i.e. 2 usb ports I guess.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

handofdog wrote: »
    Hi guys

Could you help me out with some searching that I can't seem to do via your site - or else give me instructions on how to search in more detail?

Criteria

49 or 50 inch (can't be bigger than 50 due to space confinements)
    4K HDR
    10 bit
    Black frame (I realise that this reduces the choice significantly but it's been requested as a requirement!)
    Record & playback (vis usb) whilst also supporting keyboard input - i.e. 2 usb ports I guess.

Thanks in advance

Mark
    Hi Mark.

Unfortunately there is no simple way to find those out without looking at each television.

To get full 10 bit (most are 8bit + FCR) you would be starting at the Samsung 49MU7000 priced at £749
    https://www.richersounds.com/samsung-ue49mu7000.html

Doesn't have a black frame though.

Panasonic have the 50EX750 which is full 10 Bit also coming in at £1099
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202577-viera-tx50ex750b.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab

Let me know if I'm in the right area with either of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

Thanks for the very quick reply Kenny - especially at such a busy time.

I could stretch to the Samsung but I'm thinking that the grey base might rule it out - I don't make the colour decisions.

I may have to review our criteria.

Based on your suggestion I'm now considering Panasonic - possibly TX49EX600B.  I'll get back to you.

I'm based in Dundalk.  Do you have nay pickup locations other than your Belfast store?

Thanks

Mark

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

handofdog wrote: »
    Thanks for the very quick reply Kenny - especially at such a busy time.

I could stretch to the Samsung but I'm thinking that the grey base might rule it out - I don't make the colour decisions.

I may have to review our criteria.

Based on your suggestion I'm now considering Panasonic - possibly TX49EX600B.  I'll get back to you.

I'm based in Dundalk.  Do you have nay pickup locations other than your Belfast store?

Thanks

Mark
    Hey Handofdog.

Unfortunately the only collection point is ourselves here at the Belfast store.

Let me know once you have had a think about the Panasonic.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

No worries Kenny

If you have the TX49EX600B in stock in Belfast for collection either tonight or tomorrow morning then I'll but from you.

If it's going to take a few days then unfortunately I'll need to buy locally.  Circumstances have changed and I _need_ the TV for tomorrow night.  (I'm not usually such an awkward customer!).  This would be annoying as you guys are about €100 cheaper which is massive at this price point.

Let me know the state of play and thanks for your help.

Cheers

Mark

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.