Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genuinely the worst customer service I have ever encountered

Options
  • 22-11-2017 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Trying to get an update on an online order from a couple of days ago (Order Ref: [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRQZUVS3X)[/font]. Yesterday I started two online chats, waited for a response for over an hour on both and gave up. Also, yesterday, I rang customer service twice and received no response, just stuck listening to the same 3 songs over and over again for 1hr 15mins and 45 mins respectively. It's just an absolute joke.

I've also just spent the last 2 weeks trying to  tell you that your records are wrong and my house has fibre broadband - despite your insistence that it didn't. I kept on being refuted and fobbed off (including on this forum, by the thoroughly useless Tracey - another proponent of the old "Computer says No" school of customer service) . Eventually I got through to the one person in your company who gets customer service (James in broadband support) - of course it turned out I was right and you amended your records, but it took at least 30 calls over 2 weeks to get this simple issue resolved.

I can't wait till I'm out of contract with Eir so I can leave and never have to deal with you again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

andholm wrote: »
    Trying to get an update on an online order from a couple of days ago (Order Ref: [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRQZUVS3X)[/font]. Yesterday I started two online chats, waited for a response for over an hour on both and gave up. Also, yesterday, I rang customer service twice and received no response, just stuck listening to the same 3 songs over and over again for 1hr 15mins and 45 mins respectively. It's just an absolute joke.

I've also just spent the last 2 weeks trying to  tell you that your records are wrong and my house has fibre broadband - despite your insistence that it didn't. I kept on being refuted and fobbed off (including on this forum, by the thoroughly useless Tracey - another proponent of the old "Computer says No" school of customer service) . Eventually I got through to the one person in your company who gets customer service (James in broadband support) - of course it turned out I was right and you amended your records, but it took at least 30 calls over 2 weeks to get this simple issue resolved.

I can't wait till I'm out of contract with Eir so I can leave and never have to deal with you again.
    Hi andholm, 

Apologies for the confusion with this and for giving you the wrong information. I understand your frustration with this.

I'm glad to hear you have now got this issue sorted and placed an order. I've contacted the online team to get an update, as soon as I hear back I'll come back to you. 

Apologies again. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement