Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

We all know at this stage we have our one night of not a load have fun at a gig with Christy Moore ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Ah, live at the marquee. Where the company I used to work for used to get a 'special discount' when they called out to sell tickets on site. A gig that worked out at 77.73 before the discount would magically become 77.50. Nothing at all to do with rounding - it was our special discount.

It wouldn't have been half as insulting if they actually said they were rounding it down for convenience rather than trying to sell it as a privilege.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Surely the Coronas, Nathan Carter, token boy band/teen act etc can't be far behind

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Surely we'll get Al Port.....oh wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,666 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CianDon wrote: »
    Surely we'll get Al Port.....oh wait!

Alison Spittle perhaps?

Niall Horan doing INEC Killarney could he also maybe add 1 or 2 LATM summer dates? Also Liam Gallagher?

The Coronas, Walking on Cars, Picture This, Nathan Carter, Tommy Tiernan, Imelda May and Gavin James surely next to be announced :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Was hoping to have a Christy Moore gig announcement lottery for LAM 2018, well beaten to it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Sure Billy Joel will be up in Dublin around that time, maybe he will pop down for a few nights ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Bell X1 - Fri June 15th
    Dara O'Briain - Fri June 29th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Bell X1 - Fri June 15th

That's my birthday present sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

A-Ha and Jenny Greene announced today.

A-Ha will play on June 12 and Jenny Greene and the RTÉ Concert Orchestra on Friday, June 22.

Think I saw Don McLean added earlier this week too, so that's Christy Moore, Don McLean, Bell X1, A-Ha, Jenny Greene and Dara O Briain, right? Not much I'm interested in there but should be some people happy.

Add in the inevitable Coronas show (s?) and say two of Gavin James, Imelda May, Walking on Cars and Picture This and that is probably half the calendar full for next year there and then.

Hopefully there'll be a few surprises and first timers announced after Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

A-HA, Jesus happy days..oh the memories

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Dbu wrote: »
    A-HA, Jesus happy days..oh the memories
    About time we got something decent than the usual fest fillers.

A-Ha and Jenny Greene announced today.

A-Ha will play on June 12 and Jenny Greene and the RTConcert Orchestra on Friday, June 22.

Think I saw Don McLean added earlier this week too, so that's Christy Moore, Don McLean, Bell X1, A-Ha, Jenny Greene and Dara O Briain, right? Not much I'm interested in there but should be some people happy.

Add in the inevitable Coronas show (s?) and say two of Gavin James, Imelda May, Walking on Cars and Picture This and that is probably half the calendar full for next year there and then.

Hopefully there'll be a few surprises and first timers announced after Christmas!

It needs a few decent newbies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

The National are in Dublin in June, promoted by Aiken, so good chance they’ll be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭siblers

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    The National are in Dublin in June, promoted by Aiken, so good chance they’ll be added.

Yeah, I'm hoping they are added especially as they played the Opera House a few months back, they seem to have a bit of an affinity with Cork and they played The Marquee twice before so there's every chance they will be added

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    siblers wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm hoping they are added especially as they played the Opera House a few months back, they seem to have a bit of an affinity with Cork and they played The Marquee twice before so there's every chance they will be added

The guy promoting their show for Aiken tweeted that the Dublin gigs are the only Irish shows the National will play next year. Might have been a tactic to shift tickets or whatever but I wouldn't expect them in Cork sadly.

'Picture This' added

Coronas added

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Think I saw Don McLean added earlier this week too........

Don McLean confirmed- Thursday 14th June 8pm

*sold out klaxon*

A-Ha sold out by lunchtime. Yikes. I didn't expect that to go so quickly I must say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,441 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

The Script are playing the Marquee on the 25th of June.

Tickets go on sale this Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭valoren

Was funny on 96fm this morning when KC and Ross Brown were teasing out the announcement that a 'stadium' act will be playing, and they'll announce it before 9am. Then it goes to the ads one of which is

"Aiken Promotions presents the Script LATM, tickets on sale this Friday..." :o

Yay a newbie, think they may do 2 dates

Alanis Morissette announced for 4th July

• Registered Users Posts: 30,441 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Alanis Morissette announced for 4th July

I loved her growing up. That may be one that I would be interested in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Does anyone think Walking on Cars will play at the Marquee next summer?

fin12 wrote: »
    Does anyone think Walking on Cars will play at the Marquee next summer?

Doubt they will play the Marquee this year as they've quite a full schedule, but they are playing Indie18 at Mitchelstown on Friday 3rd August http://indiependencefestival.com/

valoren wrote: »
    Was funny on 96fm this morning when KC and Ross Brown were teasing out the announcement that a 'stadium' act will be playing, and they'll announce it before 9am. Then it goes to the ads one of which is

"Aiken Promotions presents the Script LATM, tickets on sale this Friday..." :o

2nd date added for The Script

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    2nd date added for The Script

This is just getting worse and worse...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

This is just getting worse and worse...

Together we cry

Advertisement