Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,441 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I'd love it, if they manage to bring Pink back!

I have my fingers and toes crossed that she will be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I'd love it, if they manage to bring Pink back!

I have my fingers and toes crossed that she will be announced.

Now that would be a ticket dash ! - she finishes her Beautiful Trauma tour on Jan 2nd in LA, so maybe she'd like a wind down :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

A-Ha will play on June 12 and Jenny Greene and the RTÉ Concert Orchestra on Friday, June 22.

Saturday 23rd added as a second night for Jenny G.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Saw Kraftwerk in Dublin last year, good show.

Chic & Gavin James added to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

And Jack Johnson. Which is a name I hadn't heard in about a decade. He's got some high billed slots at US festivals though so must be a bit of a market for him.

Kraftwerk is a good booking though. Nice to see a new name.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,666 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

And Jack Johnson. Which is a name I hadn't heard in about a decade. He's got some high billed slots at US festivals though so must be a bit of a market for him.

Kraftwerk is a good booking though. Nice to see a new name.

Have we got two new names :eek::p

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭normanbond

" The best of a bad lot Festival".....live at the Marquee!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Why isn’t there any big artists coming to Cork this year except Ed Sheeran, we have Pairc ui Chaoimh now, why isn’t Elton coming, this his last year touring, why isn’t Britney playing a gig in Pairc Ui Chaoimh? There have been some huge artists play the marquee, WTF is going on?

This has got to be the worst line up in the history of the marquee.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

The marquee is very poor this year,Elton was there last year though

• Advertisement

This isn't Elton John's last year touring. His farewell tour is spread over three years. He's already announced a Dublin show for June 2019 so would expect him on next year's Marquee line up.

As for big gigs at the Pairc, they likely won't happen every single year. Can't imagine there are too many acts who could/would sell out a stadium of its size in Cork. I'm no Sheeran fan but to sell out two (and the third can't be far behind) is very impressive.

Big gigs at Croke Park are an annual event now but that is a recent enough turn of events. Stadium gigs aren't an easy sell. There's only so many acts that can sell them out I guess most if those aren't available at the right time this year. U2 are doing an indoor tour later in the year, the likes of AC/DC, Springsteen, etc don't seem to be around and there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of major pop acts touring over here at the time of year.

Why isn't Britney playing a 40,000 capacity stadium? Probably because it's about 15 years since she had a hit!! But, in practical terms, her current tour is an indoor arena tour, not that easy to suddenly switch the set up up for an outdoor stadium. Plus I genuinely can't imagine she'd sell anywhere near that many tickets for here.

Marquee line up is poor, though. That said, most of the gigs look set to sell strongly or sell out even so I can't imagine Aiken is too bothered. I used get to at least one gig there each year but nothing last year and nothing this year is disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭timmyjimmy

Kraftwerk is a superb booking. The rest is pretty meh.

Speeding cars are playing in Limerick n Galway in July, could they play in the marquee aswell?

fin12 wrote: »
    Speeding cars are playing in Limerick n Galway in July, could they play in the marquee aswell?

Do you mean Walking on Cars :p
    Doubt they will play the Marquee this year as they've quite a full schedule, but they are playing Indie18 at Mitchelstown on Friday 3rd August http://indiependencefestival.com/
    fin12 wrote: »
    Why isn’t there any big artists coming to Cork this year except Ed Sheeran, we have Pairc ui Chaoimh now, why isn’t Elton coming, this his last year touring, why isn’t Britney playing a gig in Pairc Ui Chaoimh? There have been some huge artists play the marquee, WTF is going on?

This has got to be the worst line up in the history of the marquee.

I am hoping for Pink at PUC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do you mean Walking on Cars :p

I am hoping for Pink at PUC

I’d love to see Pink, I might just email Aiken promotions about Walking on Cars. I did that one year, I emailed Aiken promotions about getting Bryan Adams to the marquee and he ended up playing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Celine Dion is doing a summer tour. That'd be kinda cool if they got her for PUC.

Peter Aiken said last week, when launching the last batch of Marquee acts, that there won't be any more PUC gigs this summer.

Echo, RedFM, etc all carried the comments. Seemed a bit cold on the idea of it being a regular thing, stressing that there's only so many people that can sell it out.

James Bay on 27th June

• Registered Users Posts: 30,441 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Pink, Celine Dion and I would throw in Shania Twain too.

I know they wouldn't have the fan base here in Ireland but I would love, love, love if Nightwish, Within Temptation and/or Lacuna Coil played Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Heyo,
    A good friend is desperately trying to find one ticket to alanis..if any one knows of anybody trying to sell one (at a reasonable price) please let me know :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I would love Bruno Mars for the Marquee - he is epic live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Pink, Celine Dion and I would throw in Shania Twain too.

I know they wouldn't have the fan base here in Ireland but I would love, love, love if Nightwish, Within Temptation and/or Lacuna Coil played Cork.

Would really love if Nightwish or Within Temptation came here too!!Tarja would be a dream come through as well!!!

Coronas added

Friday 13th July sold out so extra date added now Saturday 14th July for The Coronas

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Post count.

Any competitions for tickets? Is Vodafone still a sponsor?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Red FM will probably be doing them.

I think themselves and 96FM split the gigs so neither will have competitions opened for all gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭kooga

Fantastic gig by A HA last night

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Hiya, Non Cork person going to concert at the weekend. Where would you suggest parking car...? Dont mind walking to/from...
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

City hall car park (pay in advance online and skip q on the way out by using your card to open barrier) or try the Elysian if you want a multi story.

Otherwise you could try parking nearer the venue if you wanted to get closer. Sometimes they have cones up but its free.

There usually is a car park at the marquee but its pricey but very convenient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

kooga wrote: »
    Fantastic gig by A HA last night

It was great. Listening to them all day on youtube :D

Advertisement