Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance claims documents

Options
  • 22-11-2017 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm trying to get a car insurance in Ireland, coming from Italy, and having a claim in my Italian insurance for an accident happened in May this year, with a different car that I now sold.

If I understood correctly, for Irish companies it is very important to certify that the claim is fully settled, and show the amount payed for an accident to request a quote, and it's all on the same document. I've actually never seen such a document so I have no idea how it looks like.

In Italy, the claim documents are released at the end of the term of the policy, but they contain only the number of claims, not the amount payed, for privacy reasons, and because it can't be taken into account when requesting a quote from a different insurer.

To know the exact amount, for small claims like mine, one may request a certificate to a concessionaire common to many companies, that deals with such claims, and get a letter showing some details on the claim and the amount payed. But it will always be on different document.

So, the information is split into two documents, and that seems to be a problem for the only broker that is taking my application into consideration (and helping me a lot really, the other companies/brokers just refused right away, or were quick to give unreasonable quotes)

Does anyone know what this document with claims and amount payed looks like, and how can I convince the broker that I'll never have a single document showing both ?

Thanks for any answer.

Advertisement