Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to America for a UFC Event - Advice, Tips, Costs etc

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

dulux99 wrote: »
    Yeah RiRa in the mandalay bay is the best of the Irish bars that I know of, 9 fine Irishmen (cringe) is a decent bar but a bit small and don't know do they have many TVs in there

RiRa will be ticketed so you'd wanna get sorted early

I know a waitress who works there, if you want I can ping her on WhatsApp and get some details?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Yeah RiRa in the mandalay bay is the best of the Irish bars that I know of, 9 fine Irishmen (cringe) is a decent bar but a bit small and don't know do they have many TVs in there

RiRa will be ticketed so you'd wanna get sorted early

I know a waitress who works there, if you want I can ping her on WhatsApp and get some details?
    No thanks pal I was lucky enough to get tickets to the fight itself so im all sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Muttley79

We had flights booked prior to mcgregor fight,never got our hands on tickets for ufc229 but would look forward to watching the match over in Vegas in a bar,can you get some details for me? Cheers

Muttley79 wrote: »
    We had flights booked prior to mcgregor fight,never got our hands on tickets for ufc229 but would look forward to watching the match over in Vegas in a bar,can you get some details for me? Cheers

Sure thing. Pinged her now - will let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Fly out 4 weeks today(3rd) Can't wait to get back to Vegas. Gonna chill by the pool more this time instead of the poker tables, prob spend a few quid in the fight shop in the shopping area of PH.

Need to start looking up planning my days out to get maximum out of the trip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Fly out 4 weeks today(3rd) Can't wait to get back to Vegas. Gonna chill by the pool more this time instead of the poker tables, prob spend a few quid in the fight shop in the shopping area of PH.

Need to start looking up planning my days out to get maximum out of the trip.

Are the pools open in October? I know a lot of places close the pools for a few months.

To each their own but the pools never appealed to me. Vegas is such a mad place I feel like the odd time I've gone down there I feel like I'm wasting my trip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

anyone reckon UFC 230 tickets in MSG in November will also be like golddust?
    would like to get one of the cheaper ones if poss

doubt it would sell out like the way the McGregor ones do? says tkts on sale on 21 sept, don't wanna pay 85 usd per person to get access to pre sale tho! rip off

Meant to say, if anyone is up for a Boards beers over there, let me know. I'll be there from 2nd - 12th. Outside of the UFC and playing a bit of poker and top golf I'll be twiddling my thumbs

Yeah pools open, I will probably only spend time there to rest tbh. Drink to small hours, sleep 3/4 hours, play early morning poker, hit pool for a kip for a couple of hours rinse and repeat with evening activities such as a show or 2 fight etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

flash seats is biggest pile of sh1te iv ever saw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

is there copys of the tickets getting posted out or do we have to rely on this flash seats rubbish?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Flash Seats rubbish.

I imagine if you have any major issues, you can collect at the box office in the lead up to it. Bring the original payment method and ID.

This is what I got back "Are you referring to the McGregor fight on Oct 6th? If so, we are showing it. It’s $40 at the door. If you even remotely want a chance at a table, I’d show up at 2:30pm Vegas time bc there will be a line forming. If I am physically there at that time I can do my best to help you but if not, I wouldn’t."

sc86 wrote: »
    flash seats is biggest pile of sh1te iv ever saw
    It's like an app from 2010. It actually gives me anxiety to know my tickets that are worth a fortune are housed in this piece of sh*t app

Yeah its mental, the wife is defo using her ticket cause I don't fancy trying to sell it to a stranger if she isn't too bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

It's like an app from 2010. It actually gives me anxiety to know my tickets that are worth a fortune are housed in this piece of sh*t app

I used the AXS app instead. Same thing in there, QR code refreshes and your tickets are stored.

This is what I got back "Are you referring to the McGregor fight on Oct 6th? If so, we are showing it. It’s $40 at the door. If you even remotely want a chance at a table, I’d show up at 2:30pm Vegas time bc there will be a line forming. If I am physically there at that time I can do my best to help you but if not, I wouldn’t."

Thanks for the info on that,I’ll be there for that,can’t wait.cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Tuesday evening arrive and have a few drinks
    Wednesday head downtown, pool drink drink
    Thursday Night Football should be good. Searching for best place with drink specials
    then weigh ins Friday about3pm? Not as exciting since we’ll all know that they’ve made or not made weight by then.
    Fight day Saturday probably head in for prelims.
    Sunday premier league football from about 7am then NFL games till about 7/8pm
    Monday recover
    Tuesday fly out

• Advertisement

Thursday Night Football should be good. Searching for best place with drink specials
    then weigh ins Friday about3pm? Not as exciting since we’ll all know that they’ve made or not made weight by then.
    Monday recover
    Tuesday fly out
    Sounds like a plan,by Monday I’ll be hooked up to a drip,the liver will be screaming for mercy and the fear will be fully installed by then✌🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Sounds like a plan,by Monday I’ll be hooked up to a drip,the liver will be screaming for mercy and the fear will be fully installed by then✌ðŸ»

They actually do rehydration drips (IV Therapy) in some of the hotel shopping areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Whelo79 wrote: »
    They actually do rehydration drips (IV Therapy) in some of the hotel shopping areas.

There's also one that comes to your holtel it's amazing.

there will be big que at those sunday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Monday recover
    Tuesday fly out

Good man but a week in Vegas? I'd probably die :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

sc86 wrote: »

there will be big que at those sunday:D

The credit union loans won't quite stretch that far.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=540238076401406&id=248865828617605
    Just to get warmed up the night before the fight!!

Wow im sure we will see some scenes posted from that on joe.ie. not for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Jesus Christ, the Wolfe Tones playing beside a pool in Vegas, or a quarter of them anyway. That'd be pretty surreal. Terrible, but surreal.

What's the over/under on how many times Mark McCabe can play Maniac 2000.

• Advertisement

I wonder are the wolf tones going for entrace music for conor?

Advertisement