Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The back of the standing area next to the bars woild not be a bad spot actually, looking from the barriers of level 2

Really enjoying the buzz. Merch prices insane as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The back of the standing area next to the bars woild not be a bad spot actually, looking from the barriers of level 2

Really enjoying the buzz. Merch prices insane as usual

Tshirts that were £25 in Belfast were €35 last night. Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lyoness

Only a tenner outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

On the plus side the event lithograph / poster was 50e in Paris.

.... Can't imagine they shifted many at that price hence the reduction! Pretty cool momento all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

In the 3lounge myself...enjoy the show everyone!!

• Advertisement

Wow didnt expect this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Where is the best place to go after the gig on Friday night d'ya think?

There's people with pink lanyards around them in my section ???

Hope they didn't pay high prices for VIP packages etc after me paying €80-€100 less compared too top price tickets price level 2 tickets and having more or less the same view

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

Any recommendations for a nice place maybe to get a pint and something to eat before the show? Possibility of U2 music playing would be an extra bonus!

Also any recommendations as far as where to stand for the gig? I've heard the further back you are the better for this one. We won't be queueing from early morning anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Wow didnt expect this

That'll lift up before the off. Might help ye out some!

Jeez the 3 arena isn't suitable at all for this!
    Be thankful their playing I guess! Looked very much up in the air in 2015!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Was there last night - my husband is a pure u2 through the ages fan - and he loved it - the encore left me totally deflated and wondering wtf that was all about - other than that I think they sounded amazing! Edge is just a talent on guitar.

We were allowed stand as much as we liked in our block - block M

The staff of 3 Arena (security,ushers) have to be the most abrasive rude and aggressive iv seen in a venue - terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

lukin wrote: »
    Where is the best place to go after the gig on Friday night d'ya think?

The church bar will be very u2 dominated. I was there last night and a good vibe after the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Wow didnt expect this

That looks alright.
    What are your seat nos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

I reckon there'll be a couple of changes for Friday and Saturday.

Personally, hoping for Electric Co after I Will Follow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Question for those that were on the floor for Monday/Tuesday.

Myself and some friends going Saturday, some of our tickets say entrance 1 and some say entrance 2, once we go inside can we meet up again ? or are we divided for the night ?

I was in Belfast a couple of week ago and once you got inside it was all the same.

Wow some view and some show

Pity someone knocked over a pint and wrecked my programme and they don't exchange it at the merch stand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

v10 wrote: »
    Question for those that were on the floor for Monday/Tuesday.

Myself and some friends going Saturday, some of our tickets say entrance 1 and some say entrance 2, once we go inside can we meet up again ? or are we divided for the night ?

I was in Belfast a couple of week ago and once you got inside it was all the same.

All the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

bclar12 wrote: »
    All the same

Thanks !

What a show
    What a view after paying the level 2 pricing

Amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

A lot of people saying the encore is very flat. I completely disagree. In the context of the 2015 tour and this, its perfect. Maybe thats because its 2 of my favourite songs from SoE though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

A lot of people saying the encore is very flat. I completely disagree. In the context of the 2015 tour and this, its perfect. Maybe thats because its 2 of my favourite songs from SoE though.

I disagree. Found it a very flat opening & closing. The middle though was just an insanely good rock show.

They need to return to that sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

My husband said Ud really have to be a true U2 fan to get the encore - I’m not a true through the years and decades fan so I was left wondering wtf that was all about. I thought the crowd seemed to be pretty hard to get goin last night and there was never a point whereby the reaction from the crowd was mind blowing - but that’s just my opinion and as iv said the sound and Bono’s voice were excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

Does Bono normally walk off the end of the stage at the end of the show? Couldn't get over how good his voice was, so much better than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Loved the show!

They're not showing much age. The stage/screen setup is fabulous, I was near the back of standing I still had a great perspective of everything. 90% of the setlist was great, loved the Achtung Baby section the best. Slightly agree with the encore, I would change 13 to sign off but when you can leave out anything from the Joshua Tree and pull off a show like that which felt completely different than their 2015 gigs is impressive

Only thing I would have preferred is to have been on a Friday or Saturday, felt like alot of people like me didn't go nuts facing work the next morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

SteM wrote: »
    Does Bono normally walk off the end of the stage at the end of the show? Couldn't get over how good his voice was, so much better than I expected.

Yes he does.

Good show, not the greatest, good sound in the venue, and crowd were into it tonight. Still think the Achtung Baby songs hold this show together.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

As an aside lads, watching live aid with my 15yo daughter tonight, and she says she would wear Bono's outfit. Top class!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

The lads were on top form tonight. Really great stuff. Nothing beats being in the standing section for these gigs. I was sitting in Milan and while brilliant, it’s just not the same experience as being at ground level and up close.

A few small differences given the layout of the 3 Arena. During Pride, they didn’t have the 4 members of U2 on 4 separate platforms like in Milan. The EBTTRT screen was a bit meh compared to Milan, where they had a side screen perpendicular to the main screen.

Looking forward to Friday.

set list for tonight anyone?

I dont knw how my seats were not full price as I had a brillent view of the screen and the band. I felt so close when they were on the small stage

A few people with lanyards around me so I must of got lucky

• Advertisement

I dont knw how my seats were not full price as I had a brillent view of the screen and the band. I felt so close when they were on the small stage

A few people with lanyards around me so I must of got lucky

havent been to a concert since europa, but they like to get close to the audience now i guess. im going friday.

Advertisement