Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Loved the Chaplin intro. What a show

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Block A & G best blocks for the view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Great show but Im getting too old for this. Aches and pains all over. Anyone any spare tickets for Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭LowOdour

First, really enjoyed the show. The whole setup was class.

Unfortunately, I started feeling a little unwell about 5 songs in so didn't rock out as I had planned.

The Good
    The staging/ visuals were amazing
    Band were tight, and Bono's voice was really good. Was looking at the screen at one point to see if he was miming!
    The Achtung Baby tracks...all superb. Touring that album would be unreal.

The Bad
    The crowd. The atmosphere was not great. a few around me spent most of it filming it, but didn't see them dance/sing along.
    Phones...they can fcuk right off!
    The Trump/MacDonalds/Burger King bit was naff, could have done something better.
    Beautiful Day should be left to the TV ads/promos/montages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

As good as the show is, I'm hoping they shake it up a bit for Friday and Saturday.

I would imagine Red Flag Day will be in the rotated 4th spot on Thursday. Pretty predictable! Hope I'm wrong tho, Electric Co or Out of Control would go down a treat in that spot, just like they did in 2015.

How great would it be if Bono stayed onstage with the light bulb after 13 on Saturday night and Larry smashed into 40... The band could all meet at the light bulb on the e-stage and exit through the arena together, found three friends to take you out of this place. Now there's an ending!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Thunder77

I was there last night and i have to say i thought it was a fantastic show, yes the structure of the show has been changed slightly to suit the arena but that didn't take away from the performance in anyway, right from the get go the boys were in top form and it thought it was much better than the previous Innocence & experience show in 2015, they are playing so good right now that anyone going over the weekend is in for a treat
    The start of that show with The Blackout was something else and it kept going from there, the Achtung baby songs were fantastic and the songs from SOE fitted in perfectly and Love is Bigger than anything in it's way followed by 13 just rounded off the set perfectly
    I had a standing ticket and stood just a bit further up from the sound desk and my view was amazing, to be honest they spend a good lot of the show on the b stage and inside the screen so i think standing is perfect for this show
    Enjoy Friday & Saturday everyone who is going

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Thunder77

I was there last night and i have to say i thought it was a fantastic show, yes the structure of the show has been changed slightly to suit the arena but that didn't take away from the performance in anyway, right from the get go the boys were in top form and it thought it was much better than the previous Innocence & experience show in 2015, they are playing so good right now that anyone going over the weekend is in for a treat
    The start of that show with The Blackout was something else and it kept going from there, the Achtung baby songs were fantastic and the songs from SOE fitted in perfectly and Love is Bigger than anything in it's way followed by 13 just rounded off the set perfectly
    I had a standing ticket and stood just a bit further up from the sound desk and my view was amazing, to be honest they spend a good lot of the show on the b stage and inside the screen so i think standing is perfect for this show
    Enjoy Friday & Saturday everyone who is going

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I dont knw how my seats were not full price as I had a brillent view of the screen and the band. I felt so close when they were on the small stage

A few people with lanyards around me so I must of got lucky

Looks like you had a fairly decent view. Do you mind me asking what block you were in. I'm in block L on Friday and debating whether to stick it out or chance for somewhere else (if they come up on TM).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

LowOdour wrote: »

The crowd. The atmosphere was not great. a few around me spent most of it filming it, but didn't see them dance/sing along.

Theyre beyond annoying, the problem is even if every person is only taking a single short movie, think if everyone does that once at the gig you will always have a field of phones killing the atmosphere.

Our generation is ruining the magic of gigs with them. I really hope this changes. Im grateful to be old enough now (in my mid 30s) to have enjoyed gigs and been at concerts in my youth with no phones. Everyone is taking part and the whole experience is much more epic and captivating.

I wish there was a stigma about it, almost the way someone wouldnt dare smoking at an indoor concert now (thats for legal reasons tbf and I definitely dont advocate making filming illegal, too nanny statey).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Mose Harper

wylo wrote: »
    Theyre beyond annoying, the problem is even if every person is only taking a single short movie, think if everyone does that once at the gig you will always have a field of phones killing the atmosphere.

Our generation is ruining the magic of gigs with them. I really hope this changes. Im grateful to be old enough now (in my mid 30s) to have enjoyed gigs and been at concerts in my youth with no phones. Everyone is taking part and the whole experience is much more epic and captivating.

I wish there was a stigma about it, almost the way someone wouldnt dare smoking at an indoor concert now (thats for legal reasons tbf and I definitely dont advocate making filming illegal, too nanny statey).

I would-had to watch the whole gig on Monday through a sea of idiots with phones and I am 6 foot tall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

wylo wrote: »

several comedians have required phones to be placed in a Yondr pouch on entering the 3Arena. I had to do it for Dave Chappelle/Jon Stewart a few weeks ago. phone slips into a fabric pouch that closes and can't be opened by you, needs a small device to touch it (similar to a security tag on clothes in shops). You can feel the phone vibrating through the pouch so if you're expecting a call or something, you can leave the auditorium and go out and get it unlocked.

I didn't spot any phones filming, and it added about 3 seconds to my entrance/exit. very efficient. would be 100% in favour of them at gigs.

5bac1eb868915.image.png?resize=1200%2C995

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Not relaly a fan but decided to treat the missus and bagged two standing tickets on ticketmaster yesterda yafternoon. Great show and played most of the songs I like.
    Can't believe the amount of bloody sheep recording parts of it, really ignorant and annoying. Had words with a few!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

LowOdour wrote: »

The Bad

The crowd all around me on the floor were brilliant .
    Really well behaved and full of energy and singing,bar the inevitable couple of Irish pissheads hammered near the end .
    Very little phone recording either and I had a perfect view throughout.

I didn't go in until 8pm but still got a good spot level with the b stage around 20 yards away .
    This show means everyone in the building gets a good view.

I really enjoyed the show after the nonsense last year in Croke Park.
    Its really special seeing the band up so close ,its a rarity .

I thoroughly enjoyed the gig ,one of the best Ive been to by the band .

Only criticism was the sound at times , it seemed a bit out of sync.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Mose Harper

Just a belated thank you to all here .
    I have got to see U2 for the last 3 tours because of people posting about ticket availability here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

sweetie wrote: »
    Not relaly a fan but decided to treat the missus and bagged two standing tickets on ticketmaster yesterda yafternoon. Great show and played most of the songs I like.
    Can't believe the amount of bloody sheep recording parts of it, really ignorant and annoying. Had words with a few!

How did they respond ?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Oilbeefhooked!

Amazing show last night , sound was awesome and visuals stunning ....but does anyone else thinks its a bit lazy of them to just repeat the same setlist over and over ? Kinda makes it feel a bit going through the motions...?
    Thought they might do something extra for Dublin shows.....maybe at the weekend , but prob not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,987 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

The crowd all around me on the floor were brilliant...

Sounds like you were in a similar spot to me. Likewise, I thought the crowd was great, guess it's all about the little pocket you end up in

That was my first time seeing U2 at their own show and I loved it even more than I thought I would. The Achtung Baby stuff was my highlight, it's always been my favourite album. The new stuff worked great too, especially The Blackout opening. For me, 13 was an anticlimactic finish but it's a minor quibble, overall it was incredible

People standing on Friday/Saturday, they let you in entrance 1 or 3, don't worry too much what your text says. Ours said 1 but we got the luas so tired 3, not a bother

That was my first time seeing U2 at their own show and I loved it even more than I thought I would. The Achtung Baby stuff was my highlight, it's always been my favourite album.

You picked a good show to see them for the first time !
    The Achtung Baby stuff was phenomenal, Wild Horses was unreal.
    Friend with me said that The Fly blew him away.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

shar01 wrote: »
    Looks like you had a fairly decent view. Do you mind me asking what block you were in. I'm in block L on Friday and debating whether to stick it out or chance for somewhere else (if they come up on TM).

Block E row 24

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

I was there last night and Monday night.Monday nights show probably just wins for me.The crowd and the band seemed more up for it that night.Still, last night was amazing.
    The Achtung Baby segement of The Fly & Wild Horses is mind blowing.
    I still can’t get over the fact that I saw people leaving during City Of Blinding Lights both nights to go outside and start a que for the following nights show.(or in last nights case fridays show) Why 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Best U2 gig I’ve been to in years. Thought the sound was amazing. Could actually hear all Edge virtuoso unlike before.

Achyung baby sect was fantastic. We were just around the sound desk stage left and the view and sound was excellent.

Took. Few shots with my phone. No vids just stills so I hope if they do bring in restrictions that it won’t stop the odd pic taking. As an aside to that. I thought people only took short clips of vids so it wasn’t a distraction I thought.

BTW what was the love in with the Government and especially Brendan Howlin. I don’t mind a bit of pontificating and pushing urgent issues but seriously clapping Irish politicians on the back re social issues was really misplaced.

Maybe I misheard or got the wrong end of the stick so please correct me if so.

FLOOPER wrote: »

BTW what was the love in with the Government and especially Brendan Howlin. I don’t mind a bit of pontificating and pushing urgent issues but seriously clapping Irish politicians on the back re social issues was really misplaced.

Maybe I misheard or got the wrong end of the stick so please correct me if so.

Bono was pontificating alot last night ,I could without hearing that anti Trump stuff and Govt arse licking.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Had a bloody amazing time there last night.

I brought my 9 year old son for his first gig and he loved it. My missus wasn't able to go so he was a last
    minute replacement. Interesting that there were loads of kids there last night.
    We were up in the cheap seats in Block L. No complaints from me on the lack of the big screen.
    I knew what (not) to expect so was prepared for it. Having the smaller screen above us helped with the visuals.
    Shame the cage didn't raise up a couple of feet higher.

The sound was way better than last time too. Bono's vocals were much clearer this time. It looked like a different
    sound setup this time.

The Achtung Baby songs were just brilliant. Wild Horses and Stay were my highlights of the night.

I loved the encore but I can why some folk were not impressed with it. It's one for the fans.

I didn't like the ending at Croke Park but then I was thinking that have ended a lot of shows with a new song.

The phone thing was barely an issue up in our area. Most folk just enjoying it, taking it all in.

Now on to other matters. I experienced something that I have never seen before in 35 years of going to gigs.
    When Hold Me, Thrill me kicked in, most people went out for a drink/wee break. We were in the middle of our aisle.
    We stood up, My son was leading. Went past a few people, no problem. Then one girl refused to lat us by.
    Absolute wagon. My boy didn't know what to do. I just lifted him over her and then I crashed by her as I tried to go
    over her. Same thing happened with a couple of decent lads beside us at the same time.

Same thing on the way back to our seats too. I gave her a good dose of my mind.
    I've been to gigs where people are endlessly leaving their seats.
    Last night was not one of those gigs. Barely anyone left our row all night.

Apart from that. Brilliant night.

lambayire wrote: »

The sound was way better than last time too. Bono's vocals were much clearer this time. It looked like a different
    sound setup this time.

The speakers were up on the middle of the roof and pointing downwards in different directions ,plenty of them too.
    Quite unusual setup but worked very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Annoyed my programme got wrecked and they refused to replace it

Yeah in my section very few people left during the show

Cheek of that women refusing to let people out. **** her

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

Im sitting in K section this Friday. I

I'm worried that large stage that moves will be in the way.

Does it hinder the view at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

BornIn84 wrote: »
    Im sitting in K section this Friday. I

I'm worried that large stage that moves will be in the way.

Does it hinder the view at all?

You "should" be ok.

I was in Block L last night and Block D 3 years ago.
    Not much of a view last night but was on the edge of D
    and had a fairly decent view. Not great. The further away

from the middle, the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

Annoyed my programme got wrecked and they refused to replace it

Yeah in my section very few people left during the show

Cheek of that women refusing to let people out. **** her

why didn't the people that spilled the beer on it replace it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Block E row 24

what seat numbers?
    just trying to gauge what I might not see :(

Advertisement