Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Seve OB wrote: »
    what seat numbers?
    just trying to gauge what I might not see :(

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

I'm in K.. around the 110's somewhere. hopefully will be ok.

SteM wrote: »
    why didn't the people that spilled the beer on it replace it?

Not sure when it happened think I had a pint in the holder and someone rushed out and knocked it out spilling it

There was a wild fan in the row behind me who could kicked over there drink and spilt behind my seat

I will never knw lol

What does the little house and light symbolize in the encore ?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Is the programme the same one as the last i&e tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Not sure when it happened think I had a pint in the holder and someone rushed out and knocked it out spilling it

There was a wild fan in the row behind me who could kicked over there drink and spilt behind my seat

I will never knw lol

What does the little house and light symbolize in the encore ?

It’s bonos house on ceaderwood road. On the first tour they had images of him in his bedroom on the screen with the lightbulb on during ceaserwood road. The lightbulb also featured during end of the world. I think it’s supposed to symbolise the full transition from innocence to experience.

That was my reading of it anyway. Could be way out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Was there a glitterball last night?

I didn't see one from my spot

• Registered Users Posts: 10 padre t

shar01 wrote: »
    Looks like you had a fairly decent view. Do you mind me asking what block you were in. I'm in block L on Friday and debating whether to stick it out or chance for somewhere else (if they come up on TM).

I was in block L last night row 51 and the view was sh*t..most of stage was blocked by the screen. There was a separate screen for us but not the same seeing only 1 or 2 members of the band , never all 4 together

padre t wrote: »
    I was in block L last night row 51 and the view was sh*t..most of stage was blocked by the screen. There was a separate screen for us but not the same seeing only 1 or 2 members of the band , never all 4 together

joy of cheap seats

How much were they ??

padre t wrote: »

I was a few rows ahead of you but more towards the centre.

I hope you paid 40 quid for that ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

yea that was a 40 quid ticket
    I had a similar seat in block L for I&E tour... similar, but slightly worse :(

this time I'm down below, block D but end of row 98&99 so should get a bit of a better view. 90 quid tickets this time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tadgho

Great night last night overall, band sounded much tighter than last time I saw them at the 3arena in 2015. I remember thinking back then after those gigs that they were finished and just going through the motions with error-ridden displays but after last night my faith has been restored and all is good again!! Sound seemed much crisper, no mistakes, Edge nailed all his solos and Bono was in great voice! As others have said: The Fly and Wild Horses were class. Acrobat (not an easy song to play) was mint also!
    P.S: (least importantly!!): Is it just me or has Larry aged a lot worse than the others?!😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

tadgho wrote: »
    Great night last night overall, band sounded much tighter than last time I saw them at the 3arena in 2015. I remember thinking back then after those gigs that they were finished and just going through the motions with error-ridden displays but after last night my faith has been restored and all is good again!! Sound seemed much crisper, no mistakes, Edge nailed all his solos and Bono was in great voice! As others have said: The Fly and Wild Horses were class. Acrobat (not an easy song to play) was mint also!
    P.S: (least importantly!!): Is it just me or has Larry aged a lot worse than the others?!😂

Larry seems to have aged out of nowhere. Didnt realise until Manchester. The hairstyle he's sporting makes him look older though I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

Anyone here in Block K?

I paid 110 each for mine so hope it's good .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Ticket drop on Ticketmaster for Friday if anyone is interested

Just picked one up for a mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,905 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

best U2 gig I was ever at last night.

You actually forget some of the amazing songs they don't play.

Acrobat and the use of the alter ego makes the preaching very good.

Acrobat - amazeballs

Ending of gig is terrible - first off the ruin one of there best recent songs - There is a light and then just walk out.

So many belters they could use

no even cheers at end - such a deflation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

It is a pity 'the little things....' doesn't feature somewhere.
    They could play an Edge dominated version of this (like the spotify single version) and finish on a high note. Would seriously upgrade the gig with an epic ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Friday up now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Have a spare standing ticket for Friday on Toutless, if anyone's looking..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

lambayire wrote: »
    Had a bloody amazing time there last night.

I brought my 9 year old son for his first gig and he loved it. My missus wasn't able to go so he was a last
    minute replacement. Interesting that there were loads of kids there last night.
    We were up in the cheap seats in Block L. No complaints from me on the lack of the big screen.
    I knew what (not) to expect so was prepared for it. Having the smaller screen above us helped with the visuals.
    Shame the cage didn't raise up a couple of feet higher.

The sound was way better than last time too. Bono's vocals were much clearer this time. It looked like a different
    sound setup this time.

The Achtung Baby songs were just brilliant. Wild Horses and Stay were my highlights of the night.

I loved the encore but I can why some folk were not impressed with it. It's one for the fans.

I didn't like the ending at Croke Park but then I was thinking that have ended a lot of shows with a new song.

The phone thing was barely an issue up in our area. Most folk just enjoying it, taking it all in.

Now on to other matters. I experienced something that I have never seen before in 35 years of going to gigs.
    When Hold Me, Thrill me kicked in, most people went out for a drink/wee break. We were in the middle of our aisle.
    We stood up, My son was leading. Went past a few people, no problem. Then one girl refused to lat us by.
    Absolute wagon. My boy didn't know what to do. I just lifted him over her and then I crashed by her as I tried to go
    over her. Same thing happened with a couple of decent lads beside us at the same time.

Same thing on the way back to our seats too. I gave her a good dose of my mind.
    I've been to gigs where people are endlessly leaving their seats.
    Last night was not one of those gigs. Barely anyone left our row all night.

Apart from that. Brilliant night.

What an absolute wagon she is

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

threein99 wrote: »

She is a wagon but at Van Morrison last week we had guys up and down about ten times during his set. Ridiculous! thankfully they diudnt stay for Plant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

threein99 wrote: »

Maybe she was blind, who knows.

sweetie wrote: »
    She is a wagon but at Van Morrison last week we had guys up and down about ten times during his set. Ridiculous! thankfully they diudnt stay for Plant.

that ****e really gets on my nerves but its avoidale really at events

it was so annoying last week at Slayer when people where coming in and out during the support bands blocking views etc. Some people are just there for a piss up after prob getting the tickets for free from work/comps etc

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭legohouse

but1er wrote: »
    Friday up now

Got 2 standing thanks

The VIP party ****e is in the Gibson hotel it seems and seems like a complete waste of money and prob full of z list irish celebs

btw anyone see anyone famous at any of the shows so far ??? I saw Bernerd O Shea going up the stairs in the Gibson yesterday :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

What are the chances of a ticket drop for Saturday

Maybe she was blind, who knows.

100% not blind. Just a wagon. Her partner beside her was perfectly normal.

Like I said, I sometimes get a pain in my neck being up and down all evening but last night was nothing like that in our block.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The VIP party ****e is in the Gibson hotel it seems and seems like a complete waste of money and prob full of z list irish celebs

btw anyone see anyone famous at any of the shows so far ??? I saw Bernerd O Shea going up the stairs in the Gibson yesterday :D:D

I was standing last night and Bono's mate guggi walked past me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

What are the chances of a ticket drop for Saturday

100%

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Landlady has only been played twice so far, both times in Milan. I feel a bit sickened that it wasn't the night I was at in Milan. What chances it will make a return on Friday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Lofidelity

D for disaster in block D.

The massive screen hanging down means you never get a full view of the stage or walkway. It was worse again for the people sitting higher up behind me. These seats should never be sold.

On the plus side, the music is excellent, even if there was more new songs than i liked.

Advertisement