Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Lofidelity wrote: »
    D for disaster in block D.

The massive screen hanging down means you never get a full view of the stage or walkway. It was worse again for the people sitting higher up behind me. These seats should never be sold.

On the plus side, the music is excellent, even if there was more new songs than i liked.
    Said it earlier on. I paid 40 euro for my ticket, knew exactly what to expect.
    No complaints. When they went up on Ticketmaster, that was the option I picked due to funds issues at the time. Restricted views were mentioned at the time of picking the tickets.

All Block D's were 40 euro, right? I'm pretty sure All Block L's were 40 each.

If you paid more than the 40 or purchased the tickets without knowing there was a restricted view, well....

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Lofidelity

lambayire wrote: »
    No complaints. When they went up on Ticketmaster, that was the option I picked due to funds issues at the time. Restricted views were mentioned at the time of picking the tickets.

If you paid more than the 40 or purchased the tickets without knowing there was a restricted view, well....

€88.85 x 3

It said restricted view but i took a chance because if i didnt i might not get any at all.

wow - restricted view for 88.

That's awful. Sorry about that.

Did you get them on day 1 or in a later drop?
    Sounds like TM were chancing their arms on those seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Ally McIntosh

The speakers were up on the middle of the roof and pointing downwards in different directions ,plenty of them too.
    Quite unusual setup but worked very well.

Seems like it worked well in most places but the sound was a disgrace up in the rafters of Block J.

I almost left it was so disappointing. All muddy bass and piercing treble. Couldn’t make out a word of Bono’s singing. Like listening underwater.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

D for disaster in block D.

The massive screen hanging down means you never get a full view of the stage or walkway. It was worse again for the people sitting higher up behind me. These seats should never be sold.

On the plus side, the music is excellent, even if there was more new songs than i liked.

What was your row and seat no?
    We're you in centre or outside?

• Advertisement

Nope. Mine were 90. I know they are restricted though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

FLOOPER wrote: »
    Best U2 gig I’ve been to in years. Thought the sound was amazing. Could actually hear all Edge virtuoso unlike before.

Achyung baby sect was fantastic. We were just around the sound desk stage left and the view and sound was excellent.

Took. Few shots with my phone. No vids just stills so I hope if they do bring in restrictions that it won’t stop the odd pic taking. As an aside to that. I thought people only took short clips of vids so it wasn’t a distraction I thought.

BTW what was the love in with the Government and especially Brendan Howlin. I don’t mind a bit of pontificating and pushing urgent issues but seriously clapping Irish politicians on the back re social issues was really misplaced.

Maybe I misheard or got the wrong end of the stick so please correct me if so.

The Brendan Howlin stuff was asloobawluxx.

wow - restricted view for 88.

That's awful. Sorry about that.

Did you get them on day 1 or in a later drop?
    Sounds like TM were chancing their arms on those seats.

Bought in the rush the morning they were released. If i let them go i was afraid i would get nothing.
    For that price it was a rip off. Leaning this way and the other to try to see anything.

Seve OB wrote: »
    What was your row and seat no?
    We're you in centre or outside?

On the outside at the back of D. Anybody inside or behind in L saw nothing but a screen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

Bought in the rush the morning they were released. If i let them go i was afraid i would get nothing.
    For that price it was a rip off. Leaning this way and the other to try to see anything.

That's awful. Problem is they're sold months before anyone knows the exact specs of the stage layout etc. Not much of an issue unless you have a giant screen running down the centre of the arena.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Ghostmutt

Apologies this is a little off topic but is anyone still waiting on their u2.com membership gift. I recieved an email saying it shipped last month but the UPS tracking numbers are invalid.

Ive emailed them but its going around in circles.

Any advice would be welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jaimz30

What are the chances of a ticket drop for Saturday

I'm going Friday (standing) but going by the reactions of people on here I tried for two more tickets for the Sat, I got them earlier today on TM, seated in G (which seems to be a great spot) €201 + add-ons each tho. You'll have to start checking the website from 9 am onwards, I was refreshing every 30 seconds or so for a few hours, but I was prepared to do so! More will certainly drop, they have been all week. Best of luck

SteM wrote: »
    That's awful. Problem is they're sold months before anyone knows the exact specs of the stage layout etc. Not much of an issue unless you have a giant screen running down the centre of the arena.

Well they knew from the gigs 3 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Was the cage as long 3 years ago. It was right up against the balcony this time, but I had thought it was a bit shortened for Dublin in 2015.

On the outside at the back of D. Anybody inside or behind in L saw nothing but a screen

Hmm doesn't sound good for me so.

I was getting offered better seats in block Ë for dame money when buying but it kept crashing on check out.

Wasn't so much a panic buy, but I needed cheap seats as couldn't justify 400+ to bring my 9 year old and I will be standing on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

Ghostmutt wrote: »
    Apologies this is a little off topic but is anyone still waiting on their u2.com membership gift. I recieved an email saying it shipped last month but the UPS tracking numbers are invalid.

5th October I received email that it was shipped & I received it 2 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i wonder will they release the recorded show in 4k ???

a double DVD of a show on this tour and the 2017 Joshua Tree show would be cool but wont happen

• Registered Users Posts: 20,905 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

still on a total high

What a gig - might go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ghostmutt

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    5th October I received email that it was shipped & I received it 2 weeks ago

Thank you.

Ghostmutt

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Ghostmutt wrote: »

Very same for me.
    Still waiting on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Jaimz30

Are there cloakroom facilities available in the 3 arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Jaimz30 wrote: »
    Are there cloakroom facilities available in the 3 arena?

No there isn't

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

PTH2009 wrote: »

a double DVD of a show on this tour and the 2017 Joshua Tree show would be cool but wont happen

I seem to remember Edge confirming that JT Mexico show would be recorded for official dvd but never happened/released. Fans on stages ruined the first I&E for me it just felt uncomfortable so have high hopes for Berlin after Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

PTH2009 wrote: »

The rescheduled Germany gig is going to be recorded and put out from this tour. I’d say they were going to record the Irish one but changed due to the rescheduling

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    The rescheduled Germany gig is going to be recorded and put out from this tour. I’d say they were going to record the Irish one but changed due to the rescheduling

Pity if true would of been some souviner too have from the show if it was recorded over 4 nights

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

There is a new hardback book out on the guys called U2 Songs + Experience by Niall Stokes & Brian Boyd.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/U2-Songs-Experience-Niall-Stokes/dp/1787390896

515Hx1ymE%2BL.jpg

It is quite expensive in the Irish bookshops like Dubray & Easons as I saw it for the first time today. It's between €27 & €30 in those places.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

Seve OB wrote: »
    Well they knew from the gigs 3 years ago

It's not the exact same centre screen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

It is quite expensive in the Irish bookshops like Dubray & Easons as I saw it for the first time today. It's between €27 & €30 in those places.

€23 with free delivery on BookDepository.com

SteM wrote: »
    It's not the exact same centre screen though.

It was the same length as last time for the 3Arena. It seemed a little bit wider this time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Granite Head

Best place too position oneself when going GA Standing? Going tomorrow night.

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Nadine Shah, Jane Weaver, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Arab Strap, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & Wine x2, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Fontaines DC, Amble

Advertisement