Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Wooderson wrote: »
    I think with a band like U2 where each tour is more like a cirque du soleil show in terms of fixed nature of the set and setlist, limited scope for improv etc there is a big challenge to identify the really great nights. I saw 5 of the i+E shows and only the Sat night in Glasgow stands apart.
    Yeah I was at glasgow on the sat night and it was epic. One of their best.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

Nice limited edition prints of the Slane and UABRS DVD covers on the U2 online shop...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVEIcC7mK3w

The iconic gig from 1983 at Red Rocks is up now.

The first cassette i ever got (i was 11) , still love it to this day...
    I had the poster, tshirt, and then the vhs.

A stunning performance from a band on their 3rd album! stunning

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

This will go down extremely well with a few cans tonight. Fontaines DC as support too!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mehico

greenspurs wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVEIcC7mK3w

The iconic gig from 1983 at Red Rocks is up now.

The first cassette i ever got (i was 11) , still love it to this day...
    I had the poster, tshirt, and then the vhs.

A stunning performance from a band on their 3rd album! stunning

What age were the band members here, 21 or 22? Would have loved to have seen U2 in the early years, amazing stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

mehico wrote: »
    What age were the band members here, 21 or 22? Would have loved to have seen U2 in the early years, amazing stuff.

Yeah, amazine really how accomplished and incendiary they were. They obviously developed greatly as they got older and produced more rounded music - masterpieces really. But that raw energy around then was fantastic - they just attacked every song and were so hungry.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/U2_Live_at_Red_Rocks:_Under_a_Blood_Red_Sky click into the production section, the story behind that gig is quite something!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can't wait to see the Popmart show.

Have the I&E concert on Blu Ray so too bothered about that

Would of loved if they had one of the shows from the Joshua Tree revisited tour but guess the wait goes on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Can't wait to see the Popmart show.

Have the I&E concert on Blu Ray so too bothered about that

Would of loved if they had one of the shows from the Joshua Tree revisited tour but guess the wait goes on

Saw Popmart in Lansdowne rd.. .

The band walked out just behind us , we got into the pit (back when you could Q early for Pit passes) when they walked between the barrier of the pit and the main pitch .Bono had a boxers cloak (dressing gown) on ...

Great show, great visuals.

PS Princess Diana dies that same night.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

greenspurs wrote: »
    Saw Popmart in Lansdowne rd.. .

The band walked out just behind us , we got into the pit (back when you could Q early for Pit passes) when they walked between the barrier of the pit and the main pitch .Bono had a boxers cloak (dressing gown) on ...

Great show, great visuals.

PS Princess Diana dies that same night.

Was there the next day, woke up and heard the news of Princess Diana, gig that night was amazing...

• Advertisement

Was there the next day, woke up and heard the news of Princess Diana, gig that night was amazing...

I was there too. Remember sh!tting it on the bus up thinking they'd cancel it in her memory :D

My first gig and still my fav. Have a sound desk CD bootleg somewhere, and even a home video VHS of it! Wonderful memories, got right up to the side of the walkway, pitch was wedged!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tadgho

You'd think they'd release 4 tracks not already on the original "Under a Blood Red Sky" for the EP released today on streaming services!...🙈

This weeks so is Popmart live from Mexico 1997, stream starting at 2.40am (Fri 2nd April)

Looking forward to watching it tomorrow night with a few cans

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

just watched the start there
    logf time since i looked at it now, but my memory was they came out inside the lemon???
    and they got stuck in it one time??
    or am i dreaming things?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Seve OB wrote: »
    just watched the start there
    logf time since i looked at it now, but my memory was they came out inside the lemon???
    and they got stuck in it one time??
    or am i dreaming things?

Tour premiere in Vegas I think? Could be wrong ,but they definitely had a Spinal Tap moment with that lemon.

Think the lemon block was in Scandinavia. They always entered through the crowd. Arcade fire did it for their last tour.

Jesus that Popmart stage must of been the most advanced stage show for its time

Those outfits were a bit of a mid life crisis for the band

The acoustic set was amazing, wish i wasn't only 7 years old when that tour took place

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

That popmart gig was as spectacular as I remember watching it on vhs 20 years ago. I would've loved to have seen them on that tour. Amazibg to see a crowd of 160k and not one mobile phone between them. Any artificial light came from lighters. Simpler times.

Also how good did those songs from Pop go down. Mofo had to be the best starter to any tour they did. Please, gone, last night on earth, discotheque..... the lights off for with or without u was pretty special.

Bono asking Mexico City to pray for peace in ireland. Hard to believe watching it what was still going on in the North with the Omagh bombings yet to occur at that point.

Also The Lemon, unreal....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

Jesus that Popmart stage must of been the most advanced stage show for its time

It was incredible. A really worthy successor to ZooTV. In terms of production I'd rank them equally.

I believe they didn't break even on either tour until about ⅔ the way through, all the profit came in the back end.

Far more spectacular than any show they did since. It's too easy to have a visual spectacular these days, back then it was totally over the top & outside of the norm.

This is the press conference they held in a Kmart to announce the tour

Final show of the virtual road is Live from Paris on the I&E tour 2015 starting at 18.40 on 10th April. This was my first time seeing U2 live and i went to Night 2 in the 3Arena in Dublin. Loved it and the visuals were top notch with the setlist been great. The ticket was expensive but it was worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ben Done

Final show of the virtual road is Live from Paris on the I&E tour 2015 starting at 18.40 on 10th April. This was my first time seeing U2 live and i went to Night 2 in the 3Arena in Dublin. Loved it and the visuals were top notch with the setlist been great. The ticket was expensive but it was worth it

Just after the Bataclan massacre too - I thought it was brilliantly handled by Bono - not too strident, as he can be at times..

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

I was lucky enough to see them twice on this tour, once in Dublin and once in London. I loved it. Amazing to see a band at that stage of their career with so much energy and vitality.

JKerova1 wrote: »
    I was lucky enough to see them twice on this tour, once in Dublin and once in London. I loved it. Amazing to see a band at that stage of their career with so much energy and vitality.

Some fun with the ticket sales for that tour

Remember signed up for the u2 fan club a few hours after the Dublin/Belfast shows we're announced, primarily for the pre sales. At the time it was stated new members would have a separate pre sale after the legacy one but ended up getting a code for the pre sale and got tickets. There were whispers there was an error and ticket sales could be cancelled for 'new members' but thankfully nothing came from it

If I remember correctly tickets were showing up in dribs and draps for that tour but also for the JT revisited and the E&I tour years later. I'll remember that for future tours

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

We Are The People (Official UEFA EURO 2020 Song) · Martin Garrix · Bono · The Edge

Very catchy I must say

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Sounds even more like Coldplay than the last couple of albums

The Nal wrote: »
    Sounds even more like Coldplay than the last couple of albums

From what I can see Garrix wrote the song and Bono and the Edge are only performing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

From what I can see Garrix wrote the song and Bono and the Edge are only performing it.

Aha, makes sense.

We Are The People (Official UEFA EURO 2020 Song) · Martin Garrix · Bono · The Edge

Very catchy I must say

Yeah its not bad

Why are we so **** at soccer, it would be a great song if we had qualified

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Here's the lyrics from Youtube.

We’re a million volts in a pool of light
    Electricity in the room tonight
    Born from fire
    Sparks flying from the sun

I hardly know you
    Can I confess?
    I feel your heart beating in my chest
    You come with me, tonight’s gonna be the one.

Cause you fade, no fear, for the fight
    You pull hope from defeat in the night
    There’s an image of you in my mind
    Could be mad but you might just be right

We are the people we’ve been waiting for
    Out of the ruins of hate and war
    Army of lovers you’ve never seen before

We are the people of the open hand
    The streets of Dublin to Notre Dame
    We’ll build it better than we did before

Broken bells
    At a broken church
    A heart that hurts
    Is a heart that works

From a broken place
    That’s where the victory is won

Cause you fade, no fear, for the fight
    You pull hope from defeat in the night
    There’s an image of you in my mind
    Could be mad but you might just be right

Out of the ruins of hate and war
    Army of lovers never seen before

We are the people of the open hand
    The streets of Dublin to Notre Dame
    We’ll build it better than we did before

• Advertisement

Steve Lilywhite said yesterday that U2 are doing some recording at the moment.
    "They’re very excited"
    New album perhaps ?

Advertisement