Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

The Nal wrote: »
    Couple of posters really wetting the bed here I see!

You’re strangely obsessed with bed wetting.....

Almost as strange as your obsession with U2.

You really need a new hobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,089 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ignore the troll, that's all he ever does in any of the music threads.

Everytime he posts here he gets a reaction which is exactly what he wants. Best to just ignore him like you say and he'll eventually get the message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Everytime he posts here he gets a reaction which is exactly what he wants. Best to just ignore him like you say and he'll eventually get the message.

Do have to question the mentality of that though...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Did I miss something?

Watched the BBC special twice but didn’t see All I Want is you aired.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Seve OB wrote: »
    Did I miss something?

Watched the BBC special twice but didn’t see All I Want is you aired.

The version on RTE on Stephens Day had a lot more music, best thing, 13, every breaking wave and all I want is you in favour of those awful Cat Deeley interview segments. However the footage of Adam and Edge record shopping in Brazil was not included, so I've no idea how one would go about seeing the full thing.

On another bother... The band sounded absolutely brilliant at the BBC. SOE is their best album in a long time for me, the tour should be nothing short of spectacular!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Does anyone know when Irish gig will be announced?

Does anyone know when Irish gig will be announced?

If I'm not mistaken Adam said the European dates will be announced after the summer. I guess the Irish SOE dates could be in December like in 2015.

This announcement surprised me, the only explanation I can think of is they will head to Australia and Japan after the announced American dates and do Europe as a 3rd leg.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Evidentally sick of the unpredictable Irish weather, U2 has officially confirmed that there will be no outdoor show at Slane this year.

Instead, they will go for some nice, cosy, intimate shows in the 3Arena. The Irish Daily Mail is reporting that U2 has block booked the 3Arena for a number of nights in October.

They will be performing as part of their Songs of Experience tour and this announcement puts an end to rumours that the band were planning a performance in Slane.

It will still be an absolutely huge performance, with a custom-built stage being set up and no expense spared. An insider at the venue said to the Mail:

"Ireland is home for U2 so they will always bring their tour to Ireland,

"There will be a number of Dublin shows that will depend on demand. The band will undoubtedly adapt and tailor their rig to fit the 3Arena, as the current show is being devised for bigger American and European indoor venues.

"But anyone who was lucky enough to attend the Songs of Innocence tour will know that it is possibly the most up-close-and-personal show you will get with the biggest rock band in the world."

https://www.buzz.ie/music/u2-267810

• Registered Users Posts: 23 JOEOLEARY

I cant see U2 doing the 3Arena in October. They will probably do the same as they did in 2015, 4 gigs spread over 6 nights. And currently October in the 3Arena has the following:

Pete the Vet: 6th (yeah you read that right)
    Cirque du Soleil: 10th - 14th
    Jools Holland: 20th
    Jeff Lynnes ELO: 25th
    Andrea Bocelli: 30th - 31st

So theres not a lot of room for them in October. I think November is a lot more likely personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JOEOLEARY wrote: »
    I cant see U2 doing the 3Arena in October. They will probably do the same as they did in 2015, 4 gigs spread over 6 nights. And currently October in the 3Arena has the following:

Pete the Vet: 6th (yeah you read that right)
    Cirque du Soleil: 10th - 14th
    Jools Holland: 20th
    Jeff Lynnes ELO: 25th
    Andrea Bocelli: 30th - 31st

So theres not a lot of room for them in October. I think November is a lot more likely personally.

could do from 1-9 Oct but whatever dates they play and they suite me I'll try and go

wasant too pushed a few weeks back but this will be a different show compared to the JT 2017 Tour and will have a much different setlist and U2 at home Is always speical no matter where they play

tickets will be expensive I'm expecting though

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    could do from 1-9 Oct but whatever dates they play and they suite me I'll try and go

wasant too pushed a few weeks back but this will be a different show compared to the JT 2017 Tour and will have a much different setlist and U2 at home Is always speical no matter where they play

tickets will be expensive I'm expecting though

Pete the Vet is "playing" there on October 6th so that rules out that stretch.

JOEOLEARY wrote: »
    Pete the Vet is "playing" there on October 6th so that rules out that stretch.

could 1/2/4/5 Oct

you'd be amazed the speee crews have stages up and down. Soundchecks are down during the days normally

PTH2009 wrote: »
    could 1/2/4/5 Oct

you'd be amazed the speee crews have stages up and down. Soundchecks are down during the days normally

That just leaves one day free in the middle of the 4 gigs. For the Innocence and Experience tour in 2015 the band always took at least a 2 day break after performing for 2 nights. i.e in the 3 arena they played 23, 24, 27 and 28 November. Assembling / disassembling the stage has nothing to do with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The subscribers gift arrived this morning. For the money it cost them to make/post it is a waste of time. V poorly packaged aswell. Thumbs down from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Wooderson wrote: »
    The subscribers gift arrived this morning. For the money it cost them to make/post it is a waste of time. V poorly packaged aswell. Thumbs down from me.

What is it this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Wooderson wrote: »

Is it the Joshua Tree vinyl? I still haven't received this.

I got mine too, to be honest better than I was expecting. Doubt I'll ever use them anyway.

Are you guys receiving them this week? I was only thinking how I never received mine.

Yup yesterday for me!

Think I have the parent's address down as the delivery address. Will have to give a quick call home :-)

• Advertisement

I got mine too, to be honest better than I was expecting. Doubt I'll ever use them anyway.

No one is gonna play them mate. Not worth a carrot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Good to hear the subscribers gifts are arriving. What's the packaging like? My plan is to get the vinyl framed if its well presented.

Redo91 wrote: »
    Good to hear the subscribers gifts are arriving. What's the packaging like? My plan is to get the vinyl framed if its well presented.

It’s a pretty uninspiring release.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Finally got the vinyl singles collection (that was ordered last May), what's in the 2018 subscribers gift?

(somewhat worried at winding up with two sets of the same thing.)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

(somewhat worried at winding up with two sets of the same thing.

I think I did that lol!!!

I still haven't received anything, but only renewed in November

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Over a month later, still digging the album...Two in a row now.

American Soul....Where is the Volcano part? I'm not hearing it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

This is a neat video.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Lots of rumours going around that the euro leg of the tour will be announced on Tuesday,and that presales will possibly start on Wednesday.

kennyu272 wrote: »
    Lots of rumours going around that the euro leg of the tour will be announced on Tuesday,and that presales will possibly start on Wednesday.

That seems pretty damn sudden!
    Granted I hope your right! I can't wait to see the lads again, croke park last summer was EPIC! The new album should work very well live too!

• Advertisement

hope it's not announced so soon cause I knw tickets will cost a small fortune but on the other hand if it's next autumn it will be something to look forward too

Advertisement