Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

kennyu272 wrote: »
    Lots of rumours going around that the euro leg of the tour will be announced on Tuesday,and that presales will possibly start on Wednesday.

A really cynical move to put tickets on sale next week.
    Done no doubt to try and encourage people to resubscribe .
    January is one of the worst months to put tickets on sale ,people have no money after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The rolling stones are also due to announce a tour with a rumoured Irish date pretty soon

I'm aiming for a price 2 ticket for U2, not sure would I pay as much again for a band I've seen twice already

wait and see I suppose

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The rolling stones are also due to announce a tour with a rumoured Irish date pretty soon

I'm aiming for a price 2 ticket for U2, not sure would I pay as much again for a band I've seen twice already

wait and see I suppose

Will be interesting to see the ticket prices ,will they try and charge ridiculous prices like they did in the US ?
    Probably, as they deliberately underplayed Europe last year ,a paltry 12 concerts.

Only one of the US leg dates has sold out and a good few are struggling ,they will need to reduce the prices on tickets closer to the event like they did for the Joshua Tree tour in weaker markets.
    Decent seats will probably be over 200 euro .

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

For the first time in over 25 years I'm not excited about the tour and I'm even contemplating not trying for tickets. The money racket involved in trying to get tickets is gone too far. I didn't renew my u2 subscription this year because I was only using it when a tour came around.
    I loved the last gigs in the three arena but having paid nearly 400 euros for 2 tickets to a very underwhelming Croke Park concert , with an ordinary, forgettable new album I don't know if they are worth it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

fennor72 wrote: »
    For the first time in over 25 years I'm not excited about the tour and I'm even contemplating not trying for tickets. The money racket involved in trying to get tickets is gone too far. I didn't renew my u2 subscription this year because I was only using it when a tour came around.
    I loved the last gigs in the three arena but having paid nearly 400 euros for 2 tickets to a very underwhelming Croke Park concert , with an ordinary, forgettable new album I don't know if they are worth it anymore.

grand, at least that leaves 2 tickets in the pot for the rest of us to try for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Lots of rumours going around that the euro leg of the tour will be announced on Tuesday,and that presales will possibly start on Wednesday.

Erk! If true then thank the lord baby jeebus for ticketbastard voucher christmas pressies.

To me the only tickets that are worth the money are standing or some of the cheaper seats which have a slightly reduced view of the screen.
    The top price seats are a rip off .
    I'm not paying 200 euro to see anyone .

I will go for standing and if I dont get them I will just wait till closer to the event and get one in a drop like 2015.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Rumour that the pre sale for Europe will be a lottery...

In other words, even if you are subscriber, you're not guaranteed a code..

anyone get the ticket code you were supposed to get with buying the album yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Seve OB wrote: »
    anyone get the ticket code you were supposed to get with buying the album yet?

Not yet,I would imagine tomorrow by the rumours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

bclar12 wrote: »

In other words, even if you are subscriber, you're not guaranteed a code..

That won't go down well

Seve OB wrote:
    grand, at least that leaves 2 tickets in the pot for the rest of us to try for

Lol good luck with that!

lazer.blue wrote: »
    That won't go down well

It didn't for the American dates...

lazer.blue wrote: »
    That won't go down well

They had better not try that ****e here

6HxyODM.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I know exactly what you mean. I feel like I'm 'signing off' with U2 and it's a sad feeling as they've brought me so much pleasure over the decades. But this is the first time I didn't buy the album, I gave up on the subscription stuff a good while ago and when the gigs come around I think I'll pass.

I still hope they can come back with another really strong album before they're done though. Btw I disagree on the Croker gig, I thought it was amazing. If that's the last U2 gig I'll ever see then I'm happy with that :)

I know exactly what you mean. I feel like I'm 'signing off' with U2 and it's a sad feeling as they've brought me so much pleasure over the decades. But this is the first time I didn't buy the album, I gave up on the subscription stuff a good while ago and when the gigs come around I think I'll pass.

I still hope they can come back with another really strong album before they're done though. Btw I disagree on the Croker gig, I thought it was amazing. If that's the last U2 gig I'll ever see then I'm happy with that

To be fair the Croke Park gig was more of a disappointment caused by poor seats, terrible sound and drunk "fans". I had hoped the new album would bring back that great excitement a new tour brings.
    But I'm afraid a lot of brilliant songs will never be heard live again, replaced by new material off the new album. Sadly that's the way it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

To be fair the Croke Park gig was more of a disappointment caused by poor seats, terrible sound and drunk "fans". I had hoped the new album would bring back that great excitement a new tour brings.
    But I'm afraid a lot of brilliant songs will never be heard live again, replaced by new material off the new album. Sadly that's the way it goes

Ah, reading your earlier post I was thinking this was the case and your poor review of the show had absolutely nothing to do with the band or musical performance! I was there too and the band played flawlessly and the sound in pitch 2 was perfect. An absolutely incredible show imo!

I have had a similar experience at Springsteen in Croke Park a couple years back. Painfully annoying when that happens! Thankfully not the case with U2 last summer. I enjoyed every last second of it!

Croke Park is known for it's bad sound

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Looks like the first euro date will be Madrid 20th September.We'll find out for sure tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Looks like the first euro date will be Madrid 20th September.We'll find out for sure tomorrow.

and didn't i just book a week off work starting the 15th of September. this plan is working nicely

• Advertisement

Highly unlikely it will be the 20th and 21st as the venue is already booked by another artist for the 22nd.

Highly unlikely it will be the 20th and 21st as the venue is already booked by another artist for the 22nd.

i'm sure Madrid has more than one venue?

Hope to God tickets aren't onsale this week...

Seve OB wrote: »
    i'm sure Madrid has more than one venue?

Dont think so ,its the Wizink arena they are rumoured to play.
    I suppose they could get the stage down and a new one up in time ,crews work very quickly nowadays.
    The venue has nothing on from Sept 7th to the 21st so they could indeed start the tour there ,plenty of time for rehearsals etc.
    Hope to God tickets aren't onsale this week...

You couldnt really pick a worse time of the year to put tickets on sale ,the middle of January .
    Boys couldnt care less ,they dont care whose money they get as long as they get loads of it.

will the Irish date be announced with the euro tour or will they do it separately later in the year ?? (I knw with the 2015 I&E tour they had to fix the stage to fit into the 3arena) ???

yeah Jan is a balls of a time for a ticket sale but Last summers Croke Park show went on sale last Jan (time is flying by 😣😣)

Some info coming out indicates Madrid will have tickets from € 45, € 90 for GA and € 225 for the most expensive seats.

225 euro :mad:
    The vast majority of seats in the US were the top priced category and as a result only one venue has sold out .

Some info coming out indicates Madrid will have tickets from € 45, € 90 for GA and € 225 for the most expensive seats.

225 euro :mad:
    The vast majority of seats in the US were the top priced category and as a result only one venue has sold out .

Oh ****e...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I'm skint too, so I may have to skip this one if tickets go on sale this month.

€225 holy ****

I knw I paid €197 in 2015 and €202 last year but would I pay that much again for a show which will be very similar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

A year ago today got my Joshua three ticket good memories

Advertisement