Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

bclar12 wrote: »
    Said on the website can be used "for U2 E+I show(s)"

I assume you could buy one ticket using it for a gig in London and then use it again for a ticket in Dublin

Yes ,once you buy two tickets it will be used up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Should reduce the demand for the Irish tickets too as subscribers will use their codes for the other European and US dates.

I'd actually be in favour of limiting the Irish presales to Irish U2 subscribers too ,like the last time in 2015.

Unlikely ,once the code is used it will be deactivated pretty quickly.

if i recall correctly I used my initial presale code for London
    the irish gigs hadn't yet been announced
    then when irish gigs were announced, irish subscribers got another presale code just for the irish gigs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Seve OB wrote: »
    if i recall correctly I used my initial presale code for London
    the irish gigs hadn't yet been announced
    then when irish gigs were announced, irish subscribers got another presale code just for the irish gigs

Yup I was the same.

It wasn't that the Irish pre-sales were Irish only. Irish members did get an extra code though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Yup I was the same.

It wasn't that the Irish pre-sales were Irish only. Irish members did get an extra code though.

Hope so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Hope so

if thats the case ill just buy it, worth it for €40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

but1er wrote: »
    if thats the case ill just buy it, worth it for €40

Unless you are in the experience group there will be very little in the innocence pre sale group.was in innocence for I+E tour and only managed a single limited view ticket in pre sale but got a standing week of the gig.

According to U2com “code distribution for the EU/UK dates does not depend upon whether or not you purchased tickets to the Joshua Tree tour”, so if your subscription is paid and valid past this Friday you should be able to participate in the presale without renewing.

Hence the cynical timing of the tour announcement .They basically waited until most subscriptions taken out for last years Joshua tree tour had expired.
    Every little penny counts .

psychozeb wrote: »
    Unless you are in the experience group there will be very little in the innocence pre sale group.was in innocence for I+E tour and only managed a single limited view ticket in pre sale but got a standing week of the gig.

Oh great :rolleyes:

2 years I've been a subscriber, I'm in the innocence group, which means I'm getting **** all and still get no free gift :rolleyes:

The confusion has already started
    According to the Dutch retailer for album presale codes the album presale code is only valid for the shows now announced, not for any shows not yet announced.

The confusion has already started

Strange...Originally, it said it was for the Irish shows too

• Advertisement

Oh great :rolleyes:

2 years I've been a subscriber, I'm in the innocence group, which means I'm getting **** all and still get no free gift :rolleyes:

I'm subscribing since the days of Propaganda
    didn't renew on time, as in I was about a month after my sub had lapsed. back to innocence for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

My understanding is you can use your u2.Com subscription to buy 2 tickets to whichever show you'd like.

Is anybody here in the experience group!?

How long do you need to be a subscriber to get into experience?

Still innocence for me, ugh!

My understanding is you can use your u2.Com subscription to buy 2 tickets to whichever show you'd like.

Is anybody here in the experience group!?

How long do you need to be a subscriber to get into experience
    ?

Still innocence for me, ugh!

not long (maybe a year?), just cant let your sub lapse, must be continuous

3 subscription cycles,I have experience. I only started paid membership when I+E tour was announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

hmmm, my sub didn't lapse (was a year old and renewed well in advance) and shows

PRIORITY ACCESS GROUP
    iNNOCENCE

The eXPERIENCE Group of longtime Subscribers are members who were current, paid Subscribers on December 24, 2016 and have maintained their paid status without lapsing.
    That was the day the band released their Christmas video saying that they had a tour in the works.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

hmmm, my sub didn't lapse (was a year old and renewed well in advance) and shows

PRIORITY ACCESS GROUP
    iNNOCENCE

Yeah mine didnt lapse either!
    Re-suscribed before new years thinking that might count for something, nada!

I guess 3 cycles it is. Roll on songs of ascent, haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

What is our best guess for Dublin dates. Papers said October but with other gigs & allowing for 2 night breaks Oct seems unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'm in the eXPERIENCE group

now to wait for the Irish dates tba and what prices will be like (not cheap I'd say)

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    What is our best guess for Dublin dates. Papers said October but with other gigs & allowing for 2 night breaks Oct seems unlikely

Facebook post states Autumn so I wonder would the Irish dates be at start of the tour in August

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

psychozeb wrote: »
    Facebook post states Autumn so I wonder would the Irish dates be at start of the tour in August

That is a good point otherwise looking at November again like 2015. August might be a runner

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    That is a good point otherwise looking at November again like 2015. August might be a runner

Autumn is officially Sept-Oct-Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

What with the "staging" issues last time out for the I+E tour, I'd figure it would be later rather than sooner this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

WHEN WILL WE GET THE CODES

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

WHEN WILL WE GET THE CODES

Based on all the dealings I've had with U2's online system and LiveNation, and all the trouble they had with proper member codes in the US, my guess is NEVERRRRRRR

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

US Run ends on Fri Jun 29th
    Euro Leg starts Fri Aug 31st with the last date in London on Oct 23rd

Possibly they will add 2/3 more London dates

the 3arena is free 26th/27th/28th/29th Oct (ELO on 25th Oct/Andrea Bocelli Oct 30/31). Lots of Free dates available in November 2018

Be unreal if they done the shows over xmas period

Autumn is officially Sept-Oct-Nov

I was always taught that Autumn was officially Aug-Oct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaelic_calendar

http://www.ireland.com/en-us/about-ireland/discover-ireland/irelands-weather/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

In Ireland yes, you are correct, for the rest of the world it starts in September! my European wife scoffs at me when I mention Spring starts on the 1st Feb!

That was the old belief but Met Éireann now define summer to be the three warmest months of the year. In Ireland these are June, July and August.

https://www.met.ie/education/pdfs_eng/YP%20Fun%20Facts%20Seasons.pdf

• Advertisement

That was the old belief but Met reann now define summer to be the three warmest months of the year. In Ireland these are June, July and August.

https://www.met.ie/education/pdfs_eng/YP%20Fun%20Facts%20Seasons.pdf

are you calling me old ? :D

Ah in fairness, Summer is really May-Aug. Autumn is Sept-Oct, Winter is Nov-Feb & Spring March & April

Advertisement