Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Anyone in the eXPERIENCE group get tickets today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I emailed too asking bout Irish show/if presale code needed to be kept. Deathly silence. Cowboys ted,

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Any feedback about ticket prices from the experienced among us?

Be nice to know for tomorrow to save wasting time!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Any feedback about ticket prices from the experienced among us?

Be nice to know for tomorrow to save wasting time!

Another humongous cock up ,it seems the London gig link went live at 10am and didnt require anyone to enter a code to buy for about the first 20 minutes!
    Absolute farce .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Another humongous cock up ,it seems the London gig link went live at 10am and didnt require anyone to enter a code to buy for about the first 20 minutes!
    Absolute farce .

(runs to Twitter for a laugh...)

• Advertisement

Absolute farce .

Damn. I was looking at the Manchester ones. Didn't think of checking London.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

For the JT tour when I went on Ticketmaster with my presale code I noticed that there was an option to buy the tickets and the subscription simultaneously which saved the need to subscribe in advance without guaranteeing tickets. Decided not to renew this year and going to hope that's the case this time around too. I think tickets will be more plentiful too as they will probably have 3-4 shows on.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lyoness

Redo91 wrote: »
    For the JT tour when I went on Ticketmaster with my presale code I noticed that there was an option to buy the tickets and the subscription simultaneously which saved the need to subscribe in advance without guaranteeing tickets. Decided not to renew this year and going to hope that's the case this time around too. I think tickets will be more plentiful too as they will probably have 3-4 shows on.

How will there be more tickets in 3 arena vs Croke park? Would need 6 shows to equal one in croker.

Redo91 wrote: »

It was only €34.21 for me to renew. It's €50 when buying it with the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

lyoness wrote: »
    How will there be more tickets in 3 arena vs Croke park? Would need 6 shows to equal one in croker.

Last time they played 3arena I was very surprised at the amount of tickets which came available at a later time on Ticketmaster once the initial frenzy died down on day 1 of sales.
    I went to 2 of the 3 nights they played in Dublin and got tickets 1-2 weeks before the event .

Is it going to be the same ticket sales this time where you need the credit card of the ticket buyer to access the event ?

• Advertisement

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Last time they played 3arena I was very surprised at the amount of tickets which came available at a later time on Ticketmaster once the initial frenzy died down on day 1 of sales.
    I went to 2 of the 3 nights they played in Dublin and got tickets 1-2 weeks before the event .

Is it going to be the same ticket sales this time where you need the credit card of the ticket buyer to access the event ?

I managed to get Pitch 2 (closer to the stage) at around 10:30am on the day of general release.

They didn't do the credit card thing at Croker?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Wheety wrote: »
    I managed to get Pitch 2 (closer to the stage) at around 10:30am on the day of general release.

They didn't do the credit card thing at Croker?

that was for standing last time at the point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

I got a standing ticket to the Saturday gig in 15 the week of the gig so I wont be panic buying this time round. (famous last words though)

Standing for the announced European gigs are standard tickets ,they are not credit card entry .
    It remains to be seen if Dublin will be the same.

Isn't this delay, for the Dublin gigs, because the 3 is not a proper arena? Wrong shape? So stage has to be changed. Should have sorted that when it was refurbished or is it not big enough anyway?

I'm really thinking of heading over to Manchester for the Friday night gig. Makes a weekend out of it. Accommodation prices are going up already though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭flc37ie6ojwkh8

Do you guys know if the price will go up if I wait?

Do you guys know if the price will go up if I wait?

In what way? Face value tickets will stay the same price but they will sell out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭flc37ie6ojwkh8

In what way? Face value tickets will stay the same price but they will sell out.

Ok thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Isn't this delay, for the Dublin gigs, because the 3 is not a proper arena? Wrong shape? So stage has to be changed. Should have sorted that when it was refurbished or is it not big enough anyway?

I'm really thinking of heading over to Manchester for the Friday night gig. Makes a weekend out of it. Accommodation prices are going up already though.

No one even knows if it is The Point yet.

Although, where else is there? :confused:

• Advertisement

Jesus! The price of the tickets on the secondary sites already:mad:

Very expensive for the category 1 seats ,similar to the US .
    Explains why they are only playing the wealthiest cities in Western Europe ,not sure other markets would be willing to pay those prices.

The 3 arena is a brilliant venue ,its a super theatre fan shaped format and it was specifically designed that way unlike normal bowl shaped arenas.
    It handled the stage just fine last time (albeit with a few small modifications).
    I saw the show in a normal bowl shaped arena too and the Dublin shows were much better.
    Its a much more compact and intimate venue .
    The longest distance from the stage in 3Arena is 60 metres as opposed to 95–110 metres at a traditionally designed Arena.

I saw the Elevation tour in Manchester in 2001 ,its a good venue but big ,unless you have a good seat or get into standing early ,your view wont be great.

Yes I also got tickets near to the gigs I spent my presale on the Belfast gig. Also got a ticket from a boardsie from the concert thread at the time! So ended up going to 2 in 3 arena as well

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

No one even knows if it is The Point yet.

Although, where else is there? :confused:

Has to be the point
    but the delay doesn't make sense, they are going with a similar set up to I&E so they understand and know the constraints already and how to overcome them as best as possible.

i'd love to know the official word on why both Dublin & Belfast haven't yet been announced

Can anyone remember how long after the Irish shows (I&E) went on sale last time around

Don’t count Belfast out they got the full stage last time and the venue is better than 3 arena. I felt the atmosphere/sound in 3 arena is lost by the vast space empty under the stands. U don’t normally notice this but with the stage covering the whole middle of the floor I really noticed it.

Seve OB wrote: »
    Has to be the point
    but the delay doesn't make sense, they are going with a similar set up to I&E so they understand and know the constraints already and how to overcome them as best as possible.

i'd love to know the official word on why both Dublin & Belfast haven't yet been announced

Can anyone remember how long after the Irish shows (I&E) went on sale last time around

Was only a few months before the actual gigs

Jesus! The price of the tickets on the secondary sites already:mad:

Mostly speculative tickets ,i.e they dont exist.
    Should be outlawed to list tickets without listing section and row ,its technically illegal in the UK but the resale sites flout it.
    The prices will drop alot once all the presales and general sales is over .
    Extra dates to be added too.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

bclar12 wrote: »
    Was only a few months before the actual gigs

Tickets went on sale September for November gigs

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    Tickets went on sale September for November gigs

That's right.

The four weren't announced all at once though were they?

• Advertisement

That's right.

The four weren't announced all at once though were they?

All Four were announced at the same time

Advertisement