Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

The Luas tram runs right outside the 3Arena and that goes straight through the city centre. They always have a few trams ready to go after concerts. So I wouldn't worry about staying super close to the arena and save yourself a few bob on accommodation. Plus the Gibson and 3Arena are in the docklands with not a lot to do around.

It's about a 30/40 minute walk straight along the river back to the city centre or 10/15 minutes on the Luas.

EDIT; whoops just seen Wheety's post which covers this!

Last year I just got the Luas back to Red Cow after the concert and drove home, saw lots of others doing the same. Enjoyed the gig just as much but without being ripped off for accomodation. I'll prob do the same this year if I get tickets to the 3 Arena shows. Actually there was great craic on the Luas on the way back with good banter between all the passengers from different countries who were at the show...the driver even got involved at one stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,407 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JKerova1 wrote: »
    Last year I just got the Luas back to Red Cow after the concert and drove home, saw lots of others doing the same. Enjoyed the gig just as much but without being ripped off for accomodation. I'll prob do the same this year if I get tickets to the 3 Arena shows. Actually there was great craic on the Luas on the way back with good banter between all the passengers from different countries who were at the show...the driver even got involved at one stage!

often get the bus/lift back home after concerts, seldom stay the night in dublin as prices sky rocket when concerts are on. Id head up early and visit a few pubs before the show

wish they would announce the dublin shows. Dont think i will pay E230 for 1 ticket though and will look at the lower price categories

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

RonnieL wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Just so I'm clear, are you saying that the presale thing she got by purchasing the album should get her access to a presale, but that other presales will take place first? That's better than nothing I guess. Would 3 customers get a presale too?

Haven't heard of a 3 pre sale for this gig but not on 3 myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

psychozeb wrote: »

i got my tickets on 3presale for the last 3arena tours very very easy

but1er wrote: »
    i got my tickets on 3presale for the last 3arena tours very very easy

I thought they didn't have a 3 presale for the last u2 3arena shows ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

How are people booking hotels in Dublin for the gig/gigs when we don't know when it's on yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I thought they didn't have a 3 presale for the last u2 3arena shows ???

I'm pretty sure there wasn't

finbarrk wrote: »
    How are people booking hotels in Dublin for the gig/gigs when we don't know when it's on yet?

How? My guess would be they go to a web site such as booking.com and book a room which they can cancel for free up to 24hours in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

psychozeb wrote: »

There wasn’t a 3 presale last time as the proceeds of the gig was for music generation. I never understood why not but that was the reason they gave. As the u2.com mentioned “special gigs” there might be a risk of this happening again

Seve OB wrote: »
    How? My guess would be they go to a web site such as booking.com and book a room which they can cancel for free up to 24hours in advance.

Correct however I booked a hotel for first week of November using booking.com no prepay & free cancellation and the hotel itself (not booking.com) tried to take funds today so beware. Gibson not available on no fee booking sites for November so thinking that is the week they will choose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    There wasn’t a 3 presale last time as the proceeds of the gig was for music generation. I never understood why not but that was the reason they gave. As the u2.com mentioned “special gigs” there might be a risk of this happening again

There is an O2 network presale next week in the UK for London and Manchester so hopefully there will be one for Dublin too .

On a side note the delivery charges for tickets to Ireland is absolutely scandulous.

Lisbon:45 euro
    Berlin ,Hamburg and Cologne :35 euro
    Manchester £12.50

More money for the boys no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

really? really though i got my tickets on the thursday the day before general release, could be wrong ( must be wrong)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

There is an O2 network presale next week in the UK for London and Manchester so hopefully there will be one for Dublin too .

On a side note the delivery charges for tickets to Ireland is absolutely scandulous.

Manchester £12.50

I don't think they get a cut of the postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Guys Iam having issues with Axs.com
    When I try to purchase tickets
    It keeps asking for passcode (which I enter my presale code )
    Then asks for password , which I have tried the my presale code and my password to axs.com and then tells my one more attempt left
    Fail to get further than that
    Someone else same question here and had no reply !
    Iam trying on my iPhone , maybe desktop is the way ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Jesus Christ :D

Trump's supporters are REALLY offended by that video :D

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

Manchester £12.50

Is there no e-ticket option for these concerts?

Is there no e-ticket option for these concerts?

Nope. Ridiculous in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

Nope. Ridiculous in this day and age.

I bet it will be an option for the general sale, fan club members desperate/willing to pay. What a joke.

for Dublin is it worth the high prices tbh. I saw them 2 times which I loved and I love the music but is there anything different they will do next autumn compared to 2015/2017 ???

it would be nice to look forward to the show next autumn but it's a lot of money to hand over ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

PTH2009 wrote: »
    for Dublin is it worth the high prices tbh. I saw them 2 times which I loved and I love the music but is there anything different they will do next autumn compared to 2015/2017 ???

it would be nice to look forward to the show next autumn but it's a lot of money to hand over ?

Admittedly I’m thinking similar. Have they confirmed it’s precisely the same structure for this tour, with higher rez screens?

• Advertisement

Wooderson wrote: »
    Admittedly I’m thinking similar. Have they confirmed it’s precisely the same structure for this tour, with higher rez screens?

supposably it's a continuation from the I&E tour and they will use the same stage

€230 is criminal for 1 ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I, obviously wrongly, thought most people would prefer standing but the amount on here talking about seat prices :eek:

Ah standing is best, but not always easy to get the ticket

Regarding set up, I’m pretty sure I read somewhere there is going to be a newer higher resolution screen, I’m sure they will tweak the setup a reasonable amount.

When you think about it, they are getting 2 albums and 2 stage shows for the price of one

Latest twitter rumour - Scottish gigs TBA. Makes sense as Bono apologized for JT30 tour not playing more of UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I've decided the only way I'm seeing this is if the preorder presale codes get me a standing ticket for Dublin, or if I get a standing ticket in the general sale(highly unlikely). Not too pushed to be honest. As Seve says, it's gonna be different songs, but a very very similar "show".

Something off about the delay with the Irish gigs too, as if they are trying to milk their Irish fans for all they can, and get them to use up their existing preorder or membership codes on the other Euro gigs.

A bit more consideration for their fans would go a long way.

If all the above fails, hopefully lots of the Euro gigs fail to sell out and I pick up a face value one nearer the time of the gigs. Would love to see them again, but only at the least inconvenience/financial hit.

I just hope the band are not stalling the Irish sales in order to apply verified fan system to it. As it would be the first time applied here it is bound to be a mess up. And so unfair when it didn’t apply to UK/European gigs

Latest twitter rumour - Scottish gigs TBA. Makes sense as Bono apologized for JT30 tour not playing more of UK.

I don't think they will play Scotland, the venue is too small, it only holds 13k.
    Oseary, the spawn of Satan, and Livenation want to maximise revenue by playing big venues in wealthy cities, Glasgow doesn't really meet the criteria.
    Manchester was added to cater for the North of England, Wales and Scotland.

I don't know why the band continuously under tour Europe. They haven't played some countries in almost ten years yet they have played cities in the US on four tours in that time and saturated the market.

Stockholm, Oslo, Warsaw / Krakow, Prague, Zagreb,etc, would all be viable options.

If the band had any real respect for their fans they would play these cities but instead they have targeted big wealthy cities in Western Europe with large catchment areas.
    Copenhagen will service Denmark, Sweden and Norway.
    Amsterdam will service The Netherlands and Belgium.
    Cologne will service Germany, Denmark and Belgium.
    Berlin will service Germany and Poland.
    Milan will service Italy and Eastern Europe.
    Etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I don't think they will play Scotland, the venue is too small, it only holds 13k.
    Oseary, the spawn of Satan, and Livenation want to maximise revenue by playing big venues in wealthy cities, Glasgow doesn't really meet the criteria.
    Manchester was added to cater for the North of England, Wales and Scotland.

Glasgow show was a highlight in 2015. Best U2 I’ve ever seen. Hydro perfect venue for the setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Anyone chancing their arm with a European show this morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Anyone chancing their arm with a European show this morning?

Huh?
    The presales are over right?
    The general on sale dates are for Friday!?

Advertisement