Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

The retail presale for those that bought the album. Im only being offered seats behind the stage for Manchester here for 80 pounds, before charges....

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Mitzy

Anyone chancing their arm with a European show this morning?

Tried for Lisbon but the tickets are over €200 each. Not prepared to pay that much. Will wait for general sales plus they are bound to release more dates anyway.

Mitzy wrote: »
    Tried for Lisbon but the tickets are over €200 each. Not prepared to pay that much. Will wait for general sales plus they are bound to release more dates anyway.

Same as myself. I saw those expensive ones come up a few times, but now I keep getting the ones behind the stage. Jesus they're expensive enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

The retail presale for those that bought the album. Im only being offered seats behind the stage for Manchester here for 80 pounds, before charges....

Ah I see!
    I'd keep at it, I think they release tickets in dribs and drabs, you'll get something better I'd say!

I was very happy in the innocence presale, breezed in and had my pick of the tickets.
    Can't wait for the shows now, I think SOE will go down very well live!

I was tempted by the Lisbon date but turned off by the ridiculous 45 euro delivery fee! Seemingly for the innocence group it was only the 200 euro seats left too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

i was behind the stage in O2 London last time around. Paid in the region of £120 I think. It was an absolutely terrible seat. really didn't get a proper feel at all for the show. I ended up getting up and walking around, made it so much better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Just try again. I didn't get the standing tickets for Manchester straight away but kept trying and they popped up.

Wheety wrote: »
    Just try again. I didn't get the standing tickets for Manchester straight away but kept trying and they popped up.

Ah cheers- and well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Same as myself. I saw those expensive ones come up a few times, but now I keep getting the ones behind the stage. Jesus they're expensive enough.

There are no seats behind the stage in Lisbon .
    I got standing for Lisbon no bother this morning.
    I was tempted by the Lisbon date but turned off by the ridiculous 45 euro delivery fee! Seemingly for the innocence group it was only the 200 euro seats left too.
    Its disgraceful really.
    The website is pretty poor too ,took me ages to work out how to create an account.

Good news
    According to Dutch retailer Bol, a retail presale will also take place for any additional shows meaning you can retry using unused retail presale codes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Unfortunately, we are not handling the codes for the album purchase. Those codes are being sent via email from the retailer that was used for the purchase.

We would imagine that the code will be valid for the Dublin date once announced, however can not verify it because the code is not coming from the fan club.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
    ^^^^
    Gloriously vague and useless response from U2.com, passing the buck to live nation when in every other way they seem to be one and the same.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately, we are not handling the codes for the album purchase. Those codes are being sent via email from the retailer that was used for the purchase.

We would imagine that the code will be valid for the Dublin date once announced, however can not verify it because the code is not coming from the fan club.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
    ^^^^
    Gloriously vague and useless response from U2.com, passing the buck to live nation when in every other way they seem to be one and the same.

Nothing really surprising there, and hopefully not the tip of the iceberg for the Irish shows. The other pre-sales seemed to have gone grand (so far).

I really am shocked by the seat prices though. I always stand, but upper tier for £200 was absolutely disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

... I always stand, but upper tier for £200 was absolutely disgusting.

Even £111 for upper tier in Manchester was beyond the pale for me.

If I don't get standing, I won't be going, unfortunately.
    Point of principle.
    I'm sure Bono'll understand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

It's the sun but...

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2076295/u2-set-to-rock-dublins-3arena-on-monday-september-24-and-tuesday-25-2018-according-to-dates-leaked-on-french-fan-site/

Sunday 23rd & Monday 24th September with dates free either side.
    Belfast date(s) to be decided.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    It's the sun but...

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2076295/u2-set-to-rock-dublins-3arena-on-monday-september-24-and-tuesday-25-2018-according-to-dates-leaked-on-french-fan-site/

Sunday 23rd & Monday 24th September with dates free either side.
    Belfast date(s) to be decided.

Hoping these are accurate. Weekend after the Berlin Marathon so would suit me down to the ground

Hoping these are accurate. Weekend after the Berlin Marathon so would suit me down to the ground

Its a rubbish article ,as usual by the Sun.
    No chance they are playing those dates for numerous logistical reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Dermot and Dave said it yesterday on the wireless too.

It’s based on some French fan site, so it’s highly suspect.

Just announce it already u twats.

Dermot and Dave said it yesterday on the wireless too.

Well if they said it then it has to be true.

Never heard of them .

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Certainly wouldn’t believe anything from the Sun. I’d be more going with the start of November for at least 4 nights in the 3 arena

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Graham1978 wrote: »
    Certainly wouldn’t believe anything from the Sun. I’d be more going with the start of November for at least 4 nights in the 3 arena

That would tie closely in from what I've heard from some one who works in high end hotel hospitality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

That would tie closely in from what I've heard from some one who works in high end hotel hospitality.

So you know someone who works in the Gibson basically

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

No, they work in another hotel but was talking to some one who works there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

No, they work in another hotel but was talking to some one who works there.

So you know someone who was talking to someone who heard something?

Ok

I've booked a few dates in Dublin and gonna try tickets when they are announced. If I can get reasonable tickets for under 120 I'll go. If not, I've seen them three times in the last two years so I'm happy. I've a very spendy year this year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

I wish they would announce at this stage. Work keep pushing me to confirm dates to work offsite & if tickets go on sale those days I have no access to internet or wi fi to book. Once I commit I can’t back out

Please hurry up & put us out of our misery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    I wish they would announce at this stage. Work keep pushing me to confirm dates to work offsite & if tickets go on sale those days I have no access to internet or wi fi to book. Once I commit I can’t back out

Please hurry up & put us out of our misery

It won't be for another two weeks I'd say.
    Tickets on general sale this week for all the dates, once they sell out, extra dates for those Cities. Then, the presales again, then the general sales again.

Once they're out of the way, I reckon they'll announce them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

bclar12 wrote: »
    ...once they sell out, extra dates for those Cities. Then, the presales again, then the general sales again.

I wonder how many extra dates will happen vs the dates budgeted for?

Surely there's a limited pool of people who'll pay 200 for a seat in the upper tiers?

I genuinely think they've reached piss-take pricing.
    I hope people vote with their feet, and this price gouging might stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

UsedToWait wrote: »
    I wonder how many extra dates will happen vs the dates budgeted for?

Surely there's a limited pool of people who'll pay 200 for a seat in the upper tiers?

I genuinely think they've reached piss-take pricing.
    I hope people vote with their feet, and this price gouging might stop.

The resale sites were selling tickets for hundreds for the last tour.

Live Nation presale about to start for London and Manchester shows. Will throw my hat in to see if anything turns up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Going to try for one of the Milan shows tomorrow. Anybody ever seen them in Italy before? What are the chances of getting 4 tickets in general sale? Will they likely add more dates?

I see Ticketmaster Italia and TicketOne are both selling them. Any idea where I can find a list of authorized sellers for this tour? Want to make sure I’m using the right website.

• Advertisement

Would love to see them in Italy, the Italians are batsh!t mental. Amazing crowds.

Advertisement