Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Going to try for one of the Milan shows tomorrow. Anybody ever seen them in Italy before? What are the chances of getting 4 tickets in general sale? Will they likely add more dates?

I see Ticketmaster Italia and TicketOne are both selling them. Any idea where I can find a list of authorized sellers for this tour? Want to make sure I’m using the right website.

go to the tours page on U2 website and there is a link there for the tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Live Nation presale about to start for London and Manchester shows. Will throw my hat in to see if anything turns up for me.

Raft after raft of presales ,Experience,Innocence,Retail,O2,Livenation ,all starting at the ludicrous time of 9am and hardly any standing tickets in them.
    Can anyone explain to me why an online only presale has to start at 9am ??

Raft after raft of presales ,Experience,Innocence,Retail,O2,Livenation ,all starting at the ludicrous time of 9am and hardly any standing tickets in them.
    Can anyone explain to me why an online only presale has to start at 9am ??

1st of all what is a livenation presale?

and 9am.... well would you or someone else be asking the same question if it was 12pm or 6pm? it's just a time

Seve OB wrote: »
    1st of all what is a livenation presale?

and 9am.... well would you or someone else be asking the same question if it was 12pm or 6pm? it's just a time

Livenation Presale is a Ticketmaster presale ,it was this morning at 9 I believe.
    https://www.livenation.co.uk/show/1083930/u2-the-experience-innocence-tour-2018/manchester/2018-10-19/en

9am is a terrible time.
    Its the start of the work ,school and college day .
    People have to take time out of their schedule ,reorganise things .
    The only people who are up at that time are up for something ,work,school,college etc.
    Its literally the worst time you can pick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

^^ very good point! More of an industry wide issue though.

• Advertisement

^^ very good point! More of an industry wide issue though.

Yes ,its obviously a legacy issue dating back to when most of the tickets were sold in retail outlets so people queued up and bought when the shops opened at 9am.
    I see no reason why it should be used for an online presale though .

Livenation Presale is a Ticketmaster presale ,it was this morning at 9 I believe.
    https://www.livenation.co.uk/show/1083930/u2-the-experience-innocence-tour-2018/manchester/2018-10-19/en

9am is a terrible time.
    Its the start of the work ,school and college day .
    People have to take time out of their schedule ,reorganise things .
    The only people who are up at that time are up for something ,work,school,college etc.
    Its literally the worst time you can pick.

Disagree. It's a 24 hour work we live in now. People start work at all hours of the day and believe it or not, some people do actually get out of bed before 9am without any plans.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Going to try for one of the Milan shows tomorrow. Anybody ever seen them in Italy before? What are the chances of getting 4 tickets in general sale?

Yeah I was at this gig. Bought my ticket outside on the day. That was 05 though so different times.

When Bono took on Pavarotti's bit in Miss Sarajevo the place went totally apesh1t. Never heard a louder audience. One of the best moments of any gig I've ever seen.

Anyone thinking of heading to Manchester etc, don't bother. Do Italy/Spain etc. Only an extra hour on the plane. They're playing Milan on a Friday night and people are going to Manchester instead?! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

The Nal wrote: »
    Yeah I was at this gig. Bought my ticket outside on the day. That was 05 though so different times.

When Bono took on Pavarotti's bit in Miss Sarajevo the place went totally apesh1t. Never heard a louder audience. One of the best moments of any gig I've ever seen.

Anyone thinking of heading to Manchester etc, don't bother. Do Italy/Spain etc. Only an extra hour on the plane. They're playing Milan on a Friday night and people are going to Manchester instead?! :confused:

Only thing I'm getting from those clips is the lack of mobile phones...

Only thing I'm getting from those clips is the lack of mobile phones...

Yeah that one has 240p Nokia all over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The Nal wrote: »

But there isn't any flight from Shannon to Milan. Or Madrid either. We all don't live near Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

9 mins to go. Nervous

Not a hope for madrid

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

Twitter saying hardly anyone got GA. Instant sellout with maybe only the excessively priced seats available

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Extra date added Amsterdam but not on sale till next Friday?!

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    Twitter saying hardly anyone got GA. Instant sellout with maybe only the excessively priced seats available

The truth is that hardly any tickets were left for sale today ,the vast majority were sold in presales .
    GA and best seats are being held back for now.

Got in a que at 8.50 for it and nothing!

finbarrk wrote: »
    But there isn't any flight from Shannon to Milan. Or Madrid either. We all don't live near Dublin.

Drive to Cork or Dublin and get the plane from there then.

Anything but Manchester when these other great cities are at your disposal. Will work out cheaper too. England is expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I was in queue from 8:15. Got 3/4 around then decided to change to make me wait longer. Still in the queue ��

This 2nd date business on sale week later is disgraceful. Probably another pre sale so more sign ups and more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Tried to get tickets for Amsterdam, was told the queue was between 30 and 60 minutes. When the time fully counted down the site reset went back into Dutch and said my queue time was between 30 and 60 minutes again!

At that very point I said... No thanks!
    Always a circus with the general on sale!
    Thank flip for my u2. Com subscription!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

No joy for Milan. Only 225 euro tickets available. What are the odds of a 3rd and 4th gig for there?

No presales for extra dates I think. That’s how I got night 2 of Twickenham so easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Is the demand for this tour higher than '15? Seems so. Peeps cheesed they missed out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

50 minutes wasted with Manchester there. A U2 site U2start said that very few fans across forums got GA

Announce the 2nd date and put me out of my misery

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Managed to get a GA for Manchester and 2x seats for Berlin this morning.Delighted with that!

kennyu272 wrote: »
    Managed to get a GA for Manchester and 2x seats for Berlin this morning.Delighted with that!

HOW did you manage GA for Manchester? Fair play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Wooderson wrote: »
    Is the demand for this tour higher than '15? Seems so. Peeps cheesed they missed out?

The demand gets higher every tour it seems. I don't remember it been this high in the 90's

In Europe anyways. No clue about America

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

I picked up 2 standing tickets for 2 of the 4 Dublin nights in 2015 in one fell swoop. Monday and Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

HOW did you manage GA for Manchester? Fair play!

I got them on the Ticketmaster app when I was trying for Berlin on the desktop

kennyu272 wrote: »
    I got them on the Ticketmaster app when I was trying for Berlin on the desktop

The app wasn't working for me, so I imagine I needed to change the settings to UK.

A Saturday show would suit me better anyways if it does go ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Are all the dates sold out now?

Advertisement